Suggestion about default widgets list

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Manmax

Post by Manmax »

I' ve just made a fresh install of spring and noticed that auto group and immobile builder widget are not included in the default widget list. I recommend adding them on the following grounds:
Auto group: the feature this widget offers is the natural sequel of the traditional group function. It simplifies the gameplay allowing players to concentrate on the strategies they will carry on with the units instead of wasting time grouping them.

Immobile builder: I noticed there is an improved widget of the same kind, called , if memory serves, auto heal, reclaim, repair. It is really a noob trap. When you build a set of nanos, you expect them to help building whatever construction is underway around them. In addition, it is really painful to keep in mind which nanos you have in construction to make sure they will help when finished.
indeed, it should be the contrary: by default, nanos automatically help andif you don't need them to do so, you would have to deactivate them.

What do you think of this?
mastermind3001

Re: Suggestion about default widgets list

Post by mastermind3001 »

I used "auto heal, reclaim, repair" for a bit, then removed it. As the game goes and and you have more resources, it's great, but towards the beginning, when I tend to have more construction units than the resources that they can use up, I run into resource problems because they keep helping out with construction all the time, and it's hard to get them to stop because the widget keeps telling them to do it.
Lolsquad_Steven

Post by Lolsquad_Steven »

This game can get pretty hard at times, that's usually the result of bad game mechanics. Adding these widgets would probably help fix that.
Manmax

Post by Manmax »

And I would also add, after some gaming: Build Costs, you cannot build your eco efficiently without it, really. This widget should be part of the start package.

Edit: build costs instead of build ETA, which is already included

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”