Balanced Annihilation 7.50 - Page 8

Balanced Annihilation 7.50

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Jools
XTA Developer

Re: Balanced Annihilation 7.50

Post by Jools »

I'm not really qualified to post about ba balance, but in OTA the vulcan was always a noobtrap: bertha was better for these reasons:
ÔÇö longer range
ÔÇö 1 bertha can start shooting before 1/5th of a vulcan can
ÔÇö it's easier to bomb 1 vulcan than 5 berthas
ÔÇö vulcan tended to get too accurate with increasing experience, hence just hammering the same spot, whereas you want to have a little spread too.
scifi

Post by scifi »

i agree with jools,a vulcan is late tier weapon, its purpose is clear, as a late tier weapon its supose to own when you got the resources to make it and everything else has failed, not serve as an upgraded bertha weapon.

Also the game will change just the fact your altering the hitspheres, the size of the units, e.t.c. replacing old models.

I always considered that the tier 1 fase the vehicle v vehicle game, was semi balanced you could always predict how it would play and end, and it was all about you outplaying the enemy in micro and expantion. The commander serving as that decidor of battles, the strategic play you have with him decides the battle.

About relations with other factorys like Kbots and air play, i always felt that there was a huge gap between specific plays, Kbots would never be effective in some maps but godlike in others, generaly theyr good if played as a early opener and then switch to vehicle play.

I mean some fixes could be made to atune the hard edges each tier has, and how the game can evolve to a better game, specialy how tier 2 works, it should be more suportive of tier one unitss, and tier 3 maybe more hard to get.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

It seems that EMP launcher only emps a lolcannon for 3 seconds (although it reports 13 secs emp when hit, it only lasts for 3). Presumably that's a bug? I think it used to emp it for at least a minute.
Niobium

Post by Niobium »

Silentwings wrote:It seems that EMP launcher only emps a lolcannon for 3 seconds (although it reports 13 secs emp when hit, it only lasts for 3). Presumably that's a bug? I think it used to emp it for at least a minute.
I posted about this on the BA dev forum almost a month ago, still haven't got a reply. BA development is back to where it was: non-existent.
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

I also noticed Krog's crush weapon is broked, it just does not crush anything like it used to.
Niobium

Post by Niobium »

ginekolog wrote:I also noticed Krog's crush weapon is broked, it just does not crush anything like it used to.
That's due to a weapon/script change that synced the stomp with each of the krogs legs (and to only stomp units by the legs). A cool idea but the range was made too short, most of the time pathing causes the krog to turn away just before it would of stomped it. I think a short range boost could fix it, but I'm not familiar enough with the unit script.
Deadnight Warrior

Post by Deadnight Warrior »

The original KrogCrush weapon was quite unresonable. When I want to crush a beer can I have to stomp on it directly, not 10m away from it. If you looked at Krogoth walking through a sea of T1 units, you would nottice units exploding more than a Krogoth radius away from it. That's why I changed it from crush to kick weapon (as engine doesn't allow units walking over other units) and Krogoth must be so close to other units that in can actually touch it with it's foot in order to kick it. The range wasn't chosen arbitrary but it might feel a bit too short compared to previous behaviour.
Damage and range of KrogKick where never really discused, but a Krogoth is already powerfull enough that a crushing weapon isn't a necessity.
Also Krogoth used to be able to crush units from behind itself while walking forward. How does that make any sense? Or being able to crush units 10m away from itself while standing still? Or crushing a unit on it's right flank with left foot while standing on left foot?
Due to engine limitations making something realistic, actualy made it wrose. So in this case a small increase in kick range might be ok.
Currently Krogoth can make one kick per step, and only in front of itself or the side of the foot that's currently off ground.
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

Just make sure crush weapon has decent range so krog wont die to 50 flash tanks like it used to 2 years ago.
Krog is so heavy that all small units should suffer from earthquakes when they are close. 8)

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”