Balanced Annihilation 7.50 - Page 3

Balanced Annihilation 7.50

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

smoth

Re: Balanced Annihilation 7.50

Post by smoth »

I'll assume "you" means the dev team.
albator wrote: Please, prove me that I am wrong
No one can because you are so sure of your opinion that you missed the fact that they clearly state that many of them DIDN'T agree with the changes. Why are you players so hung up that other people have to PROVE anything? I don't understand the fixation.
albator wrote: if you want players to continue to give you feedbacks, otherwise it just feels useless and you will anyway be able to change BA balance whatever the way you like proceeding steps by steps, like you kinda did here
changes were made, they gave it some time for people to try them, and player sentiments either reinforced or disproved certain balance concept. IT was heard but much of the rude knee jerk bullshit slowed the process. Had the players been more objective and polite, it would have been a faster going process. Just an FYI.
albator wrote:by taking 100 and giving back 50 to make everyone happy. (Still I find most of new change (not the reverted changes) like ones about Goli, heavy artery ... are going toward the good direction)
That's the idea. While YOU and a few of your buddies disliked the changes many other players liked them. There had to be middle grounds reached to please all parties.
albator wrote:Of course, everyone appreciate the great work that all dev are doing to BA but pips are not playing BA for the beauty of the models or the animations..... but for the game-play, and if you loose that you will eventually loose the player that play for the game play...
What new models? bob's new stuff isn't in this release. the animation's are not really improved that would be months of refactoring unit scripts. They are concerned with more than JUST gameplay they are also actually looking at performance very heavily, something which has been neglected for YEARS. In a community where some of you refuse certain lua due to minus 5 to 10 fps that is a big deal.

So yeah to try and better answer your question:
- Yes, it took a week because you guys generated a lot of bitching and moaning which made it difficult to sort out all your complaints.
- Yes, many of the dev team was unhappy with certain things about the balance but felt it should at least be given a shot as they could as they have now, revert parts that are not good.
- Yes, they do consult people but there is no way to please you all.
- no, they are not putting gfx over gameplay I don't even know where or why that came up.

This is my best effort here to act as a buffer for the team and not as a member of the team. Do not mistake me as a member of the team as I am not and will not join this effort.
Regret

Post by Regret »

very_bad_soldier wrote:
Regret wrote:Guess I misunderstood the option. For some reason I thought it was 'commander only' == only commander can get napped.
In your dreams mate :mrgreen:
But it makes perfect sense. :c
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

Albator, to me it is interesting, instead of provements of right and wrong and who respectable authority(like you) needs to be rightfully heard before making any moves, that actually why people didn't play it?

Is it (a) because they actually read the changelog before downloading, played, and tested it properly couple of times, and came into conclusion that the update sucks, lets get back to old version OR
(b) some whiners heard from couple of hot-heads from forums who hastily read the changelog, that the changes are crappiest ever, and then went to autohosts crying to everybody that our precious was ruined: "dont bother downloading it..."

As earlier mentioned: Before any crying, the game should be properly tested, actually and not just in paper, without unnecessary prejudices.

It was a snowball effect I say... But I'm glad that you are glad now, and you can sit back relaxed and enjoy your BA.
Nixa

Post by Nixa »

And the fact it was heavily bugged and the main autohosts owners are not around to change the hosts over. It's the autohosts that decide what people play these days
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

TheFatController wrote:
[PinK]8D wrote:just seen one thing. mexes not using energy is wrong thing ;/ can we move this back too?
For the record, I personally agree with this too
+1, flea rush is even more op in 1v1s

----

crawling bomb could use some 'amphibious' in description.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

7.50 rocks :)

Something ought to be done about absent autohost owners though. No reason in principle why the d/l system can't talk to the autohost and download new mods for it automatically.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

fun fact is that few hosts updated ba, but to 42 x)

i pm'd bibim about automatic update. answer was
If configured so...yes... bla bla bla
feel free to tell host owners to configure that properly.
MrCucumber

Post by MrCucumber »

TheFatController wrote:
[PinK]8D wrote:just seen one thing. mexes not using energy is wrong thing ;/ can we move this back too?
For the record, I personally agree with this too

I also think that the mexes using energy was good, I want it back :D
Gota

Post by Gota »

Can i suggest a widget for the default widget set?
Idle builder widget...
Very usefull and IMO a must have.
Gives huge advantages to players that have it versus those that don't.
Floris

Post by Floris »

eh isnt it the widget that is bad for performance?

thumbs up for this new version!

and am glad the mexes dont need e anymore, it was just a noobtrap.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

I for one am totally in favor of t1 mexes not needing e, it is something that was not only a noobtrap but was easily circumvented by a widget, giving a hidden bonus to people having that widget.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Gota wrote:Can i suggest a widget for the default widget set?
Idle builder widget...
Very usefull and IMO a must have.
Gives huge advantages to players that have it versus those that don't.
ctrl-b
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Good update, nice to see you guys are willing to listen to (overwhelming) community outcry.
==Troy==

Post by ==Troy== »

This feels like what they do in politics.

We want these and these changes.

Obviously noone will agree with us, so lets modify even more, to the absurd extent and release it.

Get shouted at by the community.

Revert the absurd changes which were never meant to be there anyway.

And everyone goes "Ohhh, this is so much better" :P

Just kidding, good changes! Will be interesting to see how it will work out.
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

Opposing views:

Testing would help the developers become better developers as they see the effect of their changes on how the game is played and not just the effect of their changelogs on the community.

The attitude that succeeds for the best players in-game (anything within the rules to win and to make your opponent lose) doesn't translate well to discussion.

Fighting on the battlefield (testing) would lead to understanding (refinements and considered revertions). Fighting on the forums (bitching) lead to compromise (pandering and kneejerk revertions).
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

BaNa wrote:I for one am totally in favor of t1 mexes not needing e, it is something that was not only a noobtrap but was easily circumvented by a widget, giving a hidden bonus to people having that widget.
Widgets might stop mexes from stalling but they don't give you more e.
sillynanny

Post by sillynanny »

I think Banthas stopped shooting their hand guns. They used to shoot a nearly invisible bullet, but now I can't even see that. It's either fully invisible or worse, they lost that weapon.
sillynanny

Post by sillynanny »

Turns out the Banthas are still shooting, but the shots can only be seen against certain backgrounds because the bullets are tiny and dark.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Naval radars seem to be broken in the sense that they struggle to spot any units that are above sea level, which basically means they don't work properly for spotting units on land?

I'm not quite sure of the extent of this bug or its exact cause or any of that, but here's a short replay that shows it:

http://replays.adune.nl/?3213
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Jazcash wrote:Naval radars seem to be broken in the sense that they struggle to spot any units that are above sea level, which basically means they don't work properly for spotting units on land?

I'm not quite sure of the extent of this bug or its exact cause or any of that, but here's a short replay that shows it:

http://replays.adune.nl/?3213
Is this a new problem? Because there was talk about the fact that you couldn't adjust the radar height of radar units, and that's obviously the source of this problem - a simple look at the height profile of shorelines in most Spring maps will demonstrate the trouble - unless the radar height is higher than the elevation of the plane the land units are standing upon, it won't be able to see a damned thing.

Perhaps there was a change to the radar-height-defaulting?

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”