BA model replacements - Page 4

BA model replacements

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

SirArtturi

Re: BA model replacements

Post by SirArtturi »

Forboding Angel wrote:Looks great, and the extra polys won't hurt anything.
Well, they wont hurt, at least me.

Just wanted to point out that the focus should be more on main shapes and forms, which will matter greatly on how the models look from distance.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

The pulveriser is a bit fat (its suposed to be flimsy)
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

Really nice job on these. Seeing as you have so many models to make, I would recommend not worrying about the little details on the ones you already finished. Just keep pumping them out at the awesome rate you already are :)
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

oh of course... was trying to figure it out; mr bob made those awesome map models about a year ago; wb dude
Mr. Bob

Post by Mr. Bob »

Thanks for the positive comments guys. Also, as I make these, please feel free to tell me if something looks out of place or just downright terrible.
Anyway, although great in detail, you could get rid of the smallest details on gun barrels for example.

Models will be looked from pretty far distance most of the game, So It's more important to think about the big picture, and how they will look from distance than from from this kind of close combat total war camera angle.
Ah, ok thanks. Yep, models need to read well from distances. Fortunately, the polies on the guns are only like an extra 30 or 40 polies. But yeah, your right. Once I put the a texture on it, the little details will be partly TC as to make the parts of the little details that are not stand out. I don't know if that makes any sense, but you get what I mean.
All easily identifiable and similar to the OTA models. Imo its fine if you make the models a bit different to the OTA models as some of the models are uninspiring to say the least. As long as the style is consistant.
Hmm ok. So it would be ok if I redid some of the eh...not so good looking designs?

Also guys, the rest of the core towers will be done tonight. (Intel structures, the rest of the defense structures, and walls.)
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Mr. Bob wrote: Hmm ok. So it would be ok if I redid some of the eh...not so good looking designs?

Also guys, the rest of the core towers will be done tonight. (Intel structures, the rest of the defense structures, and walls.)
Yeah, but.... try and keep it kinda close? :(

*likes OTA models too much
Mr. Bob

Post by Mr. Bob »

Don't worry, all the classic ones' designs I wont touch. Its the weird ones like the bomb resistant turret and that 6 legged bug zapper thing that I'm concerned about.
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Oh yeah I totally agree, there are some units with horrible designs. The non-OTA ones especially, janus and beamer come to mind, they're both in need of some reworking - I was planning on doing some arm towers but after seeing your work I realized mine sucks so I'll probably just let you do it. :P
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

Just dropping by to say nice work! Those turrets are really great!
Keep at it, I can't wait to see some of these with textures! :P
pyra

Post by pyra »

ok...just a question. why do all the planes have this hideous camo on their wings?
More importantly, do people want it?
right now it is distracting as hell
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Get rid of it, none of them need it or should have it.
pyra

Post by pyra »

wholetexture2.jpg
texture
(781.68 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
welll that is the texture done for now. i got enough space for anything that might pop up while mr bob models.
Mr. Bob

Post by Mr. Bob »

Also, here is another few models.

These are remakes of the:

Toaster
Cobra
Intimidator
Buzzsaw

I don't know why, but the cobra seems a bit off... I cant put my finger on why though.
Attachments
Springpic3.png
(282.12 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

All stunning, even the cobra.
The toaster is popup, forgive me but I dont see the popupness on it here.
Mr. Bob

Post by Mr. Bob »

Beherith wrote:All stunning, even the cobra.
The toaster is popup, forgive me but I dont see the popupness on it here.
Oh I forgot about that. No worries. The gun can be pop-up-able and I will add some doors.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

epic cobra model is already done btw, with texture, so u might take a look at it before u texture urs, looks great anyway ;)
Mr. Bob

Post by Mr. Bob »

Wombat wrote:epic cobra model is already done btw, with texture, so u might take a look at it before u texture urs, looks great anyway ;)
Ya I think I am going to remodel it. I don't know why, but the one I just made looks off.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

well i mean u shouldnt bother and waste time on doubling same model. ca one is great,u can spend more time on other models ;)
pyra

Post by pyra »

Is there a decent sized picture of CA stuff? I really couldnt find any. it would be appreciated cos i want to know what we are "competing" against here. It will also be a good motivation for me to do better texture if necessary.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”