BA model replacements - Page 24

BA model replacements

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Wombat

Re: BA model replacements

Post by Wombat »

oh my gawd :}
triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

These models + casual gaming lobby + casual gaming UI and BA will rule the world...
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

in ur face haters
Mr. Bob

Post by Mr. Bob »

Oh and while we're on the note of rendering stuff, I remember I promised I'd show the solar when textured so we can decide what needs to be changed.

Attachments
Tada10PNG.png
(833.01 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Tada9.png
(616.32 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

repeated texture on the second one looks quite bad. if u care to change anything, reduce opacity of the details. or just ignore, shouldnt be visible from 'playing distance'

EDIT - oh, me silly. u can always unwrap half of this sphere. or at least unwrap 2-3 sides, not only single. dunno whats the size of ur texture tho
Last edited by Wombat on 26 Feb 2011, 03:35, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Bob

Post by Mr. Bob »

Wombat wrote:repeated texture on the second one looks quite bad. if u care to change anything, reduce opacity of the details. or just ignore, shouldnt be visible from 'playing distance'
Oh on the shell? Yeah I should probably change that... It was sort of a last minute thing when I realized that I hadn't done it yet. I am probably going to do a non repeat wrap on it at some point.

Oh also on a completely unrelated note, is there some sort of chat lobby that people normally get on here? A dev lobby or something? Would be really helpful for just little questions.
knorke

Post by knorke »

so we can decide what needs to be changed
nipple on top. no, seriously very nice, id play that. didnt notice the repeat until i read about it but now its kind of standing out.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

check edit, i think its good 1 minute fix

also, i would suggest #ca (or 0k? dunno if they changed name) i think this channel got most devs in one place.
Mr. Bob

Post by Mr. Bob »

There we go. Fixed. :D

It looks a bit bland now, but the spec + norm combo should help that.
Attachments
Tada9.png
(586.5 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

Mr. Bob wrote:
Wombat wrote:repeated texture on the second one looks quite bad. if u care to change anything, reduce opacity of the details. or just ignore, shouldnt be visible from 'playing distance'
Oh on the shell? Yeah I should probably change that... It was sort of a last minute thing when I realized that I hadn't done it yet. I am probably going to do a non repeat wrap on it at some point.

Oh also on a completely unrelated note, is there some sort of chat lobby that people normally get on here? A dev lobby or something? Would be really helpful for just little questions.
Have you seen the Spring lobby? The same mechanism you use to join games comes with this really nice IRC-like chat client (in fact, you can access it via IRC, too!). As Wombat said, recommended channels are #zk (not #ca or #0k)(this is the channel for the largest spring project dev team), #moddev (general game development), and #sy (Engine developers' channel).
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Mr. Bob wrote:Oh also on a completely unrelated note, is there some sort of chat lobby that people normally get on here? A dev lobby or something? Would be really helpful for just little questions.
Okay this is just funny.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Wow, so much effort into each individual units. If you ever get the whole BA set done, I will donate money, blood, veteran accounts, slices of my epeen and some cake. Kudos to you and Godspeed with the modelling!

Also, way to plug ZK @ MK ¬¬
SeanHeron
Engines Of War Developer

Post by SeanHeron »

Edited + added quote for clarity:
Jazcash wrote:Also, way to plug ZK @ MK ¬¬
In all fairness, he was just picking up on Wombat's comment (but the thought is creeping upon me that your comment was sarcastic...:P ).
ie, MK was only pointing to the correct channel, since Wombat had mentioned it
Last edited by SeanHeron on 28 Feb 2011, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

wut
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Is that the adv. solar or normal solar? For adv, I think it's great. It looks fancy and complex but also shows its purpose well. I don't think it would be very good as the normal solar though, too busy, for that the more standard design, or at least something close to it - would be better, imo.

Also, the style makes me think of arm more than core, though that's pretty vague.
Mr. Bob

Post by Mr. Bob »

Oh trust me, arm is going look vastly different than core. :D

"wink wink"
GBscientist

Post by GBscientist »

While I am deeply impressed by Mr. Bob's work, I still think that time and effort would be best spent working on units and structures that don't already have effective replacement. Therefore, we should just use the vehicles done by Mr. D, the navy made by Cremuss, and the K-Bots done by Beherith and let Mr. Bob get on with ARM.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

I think it's probably best that Bob goes on with his own agenda. He's done phenomenally so far. Who're we to tell him to change his plans?
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

too late anyway :D
liamdawe

Post by liamdawe »

So when can we expect to see the new models in a BA release? It sorely needs it heh.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”