BA model replacements - Page 58

BA model replacements

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Bob_Sacamano

Re: BA model replacements

Post by Bob_Sacamano »

I just registered here to say how absolutely awesome the models look. Saw them ingame yesterday. Great work guys!
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Beherith wrote:No, there is only a repository:
http://code.google.com/p/baremake/

If anyone has the skills and desire to make a website, I can host it and I would be thankful for it!
xkcd: Making things difficult wrote:Image
Gigamez

Post by Gigamez »

scifi wrote:I vote for GIgamez making the new BAR starting screens ^^
no problem for me 8)
crazy dave

Post by crazy dave »

How do i see them ingame is there a test server ?
marciolino

Post by marciolino »

Download the mod from springfiles.com and run it on singleplayer (?)
Manmax

Post by Manmax »

Really nice screenshots and of course models.

As I am playing Zero-K for the time being, I am wondering if some of these models could be reused in ZK? I am not a dev at all but just out of curiosity...
dcore221

Post by dcore221 »

hope not
xman15user

Post by xman15user »

Hey I've been following the progress of completely-model-replaced BA, but this thread has become so long that after hours (well that's exaggerated but u get the idea) of scouring through the 58-page forum, I have yet to find the information I'm looking for, so I might as well address it correctly.

Based on the information from the last couple of posts, it seems to me that BA Reloaded (I THINK that's what it's called?) is ready and completed. Am I right, and if so, where can I get it?

Sorry, I'm just really hyped over this, and I've been waiting for the release for quite some time, as I am a legality paranoiac. (but most of you already know that since you've responded to my earlier threads on that - I think XD) I've seen some of the drawings and the models, and if I'm completely wrong and this isn't ready, I just wanted to let you guys know that it's a GREAT approach to this problem. The idea of lego-built models is really good, because to me, the models look really good! Also, I have to say to the guy who drew the Commander with a shoulder laser (I think it's Kaiser, forgive me if I'm wrong): IT LOOKS TOTALLY BA. (hahahaha) So just letting you guys know that it's great! :D

Cheers,
xman15
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

It's not ready yet, there's almost all core models done at this point I think, and the version that has been put together only contains the units that are ready so far, so it's not a properly playable version just something to see how the models look and work ingame.

So a few Core models are still missing, as well as all of Arm.
xman15user

Post by xman15user »

That still is an incredible accomplishment, considering that estimates placed it at 367 models, i think, to be replaced. Kudos to you all! :D
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

dcore221 wrote:hope not
Considering the amount of shit that BA has taken from CA/0K that have helped keep it a float. It would be lame if they were denied access to the models but that is up to the author ofc :)
albator

Post by albator »

Otherside wrote:
Considering the amount of shit that BA has taken from CA/0K that have helped keep it a float. It would be lame if they were denied access to the models but that is up to the author ofc :)
Does that mean we can take all the model from OK too ?
Would not that be easier ? We could have all the good things, gameplay from BA and model from OK (arm side only ofc)
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

albator wrote:
Otherside wrote:
Does that mean we can take all the model from OK too ?
Would not that be easier ? We could have all the good things, gameplay from BA and model from OK (arm side only ofc)
Yes you can take the models
dcore221

Post by dcore221 »

this is a project to regenerate ba not zk, hands off
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

dcore221 wrote:this is a project to regenerate ba not zk, hands off
O_o

Its all dependant on the license. And nobody ever stopped BA taking all the useful widgets/gadgets features (chickens and planetwars) from CA, Zero-K

So fair is only fair, its for the good of Spring in the long run.

But as I said earlier its all model license dependant :)
Mr. Bob

Post by Mr. Bob »

While you legally have every right to do with them what you will, I'd rather they be used for a single project. Reason being; when people see the game for the first time, I'd rather not they see multiple versions of what looks (artwise) to be the exact same thing. It gets confusing and it looks wildly unprofessional.

Feel free to use them for whatever though. Maybe just hold off for a while until BAR is released? (Which won't be called BAR, by the way. It will have it's own name and a fresh release.)
smoth

Post by smoth »

Bob hath spoken!
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

Lots of drama for nothing guys. Currently a few of Bob's models have replaced some old crappy 3do models that hadn't otherwise been replaced, like the screamer. They haven't and very probably will not replace the models by Mr. D, Cremuss, Beherith, smoth, maackey, midknight, Saktoth, etc.

And yes, the Zero-K models are 100% free to take and reuse.
Mr. Bob wrote:(Which won't be called BAR, by the way. It will have it's own name and a fresh release.)
Don't underestimate how difficult it can be to come up with a good name. Better start asking for people to brainstorm now. :-)
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

luckywaldo7 wrote: Don't underestimate how difficult it can be to come up with a good name. Better start asking for people to brainstorm now. :-)
I always find that the most fun part of projects! How Zero-K came up with theirs and decided to stick with it is beyond me.
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

I already gave the short explanation before.

As I recall, you had particularly uninspiring suggestions, or ones that were already used, like Eternal Struggle.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”