BA model replacements - Page 8

BA model replacements

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

pyra

Re: BA model replacements

Post by pyra »

KaiserJ wrote:i'll be interested to see how you guys handle big stuff like labs... different texture? moar polies? haha dont tell me, i like surprises 8)
i would think the current texture would suffice. that being said, i havent seen what kind of style mr bob would want for things like lab and factories.

btw, does the spring engine only take in square textures? or can it take like rectangular textures such as 1024x2048
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

y
Mr. Bob

Post by Mr. Bob »

Also, how does the spring engine recognize reflection? Is it texture based or just checked off later?
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

u mean 'reflective units' in spring options ? ta units got only basic diffuse, so i think texture got nothing to do with it. but im just guessing D:

show me new models, im bored
Mr. Bob

Post by Mr. Bob »

Wombat wrote:u mean 'reflective units' in spring options ? ta units got only basic diffuse, so i think texture got nothing to do with it. but im just guessing D:

show me new models, im bored
Well, I'll get a few more done in a couple of minutes, but Pyra here has made some as well.

I think he did a swell job.
Attachments
Tada3.png
(707.77 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Tada4.png
(710.33 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Not sure what I'm looking at. One is core kbot con the other is....?

Another version?

They're good but seem a little simple. Not poly-wise but design wise, the unit overall is pretty much a square. :/
smoth

Post by smoth »

Mr. Bob wrote: Image
I really really really really cannot express how much I like this.
Mr. Bob

Post by Mr. Bob »

Hobo Joe wrote:Not sure what I'm looking at. One is core kbot con the other is....?

Another version?

They're good but seem a little simple. Not poly-wise but design wise, the unit overall is pretty much a square. :/
The other is the advanced con. It probably looks like a square because they are both in their packed states.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I think they both look great I just really like that little one.
pyra

Post by pyra »

the first one is the CORE Construction Kbot and the second is the CORE Adv Construction Kbot. CORCK and CORACK. And yes, the arms do fold out. Or at least they should if anyone is actually animating/scripting these. i tried not to stray too far from the original design
ImageImage
honestly...they are just boxes with legs.

i dont know what the hell happened when they designed this thing. First it has two sturdy flat foot and then it turns into these spider leg like things which look flimsy imo. i would like to redo the corack legs if no one minds. to something that more resembles the corck one.

EDIT: Different angles with extended arm/laserthingy
CORCK
corckpreview.jpg
(60.57 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
CORACK
corackpreview.jpg
(94.69 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Last edited by pyra on 08 Dec 2010, 07:48, edited 1 time in total.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Seem great to me keep em coming...
Gota wrote:I have one major request.
Before you continue texturing the rest of the models please try out a a unit you finished texturing (liek the guardian for example) ingame and see how it looks from up close,from regular gameplay distance and from a bit further away.

The reason is that some of the previously made models look a bit blend from a distance even though up close they look great.
Perhaps adding a bit more contrast or some artificial lighting would bypass that issue(i assume its a spring engine lighting issue).
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

How spring textures work:
Units have two textures by default:
First texture contains color, and in its alpha channel specifies teamcolor.
Second texture red channel is glow (self illumination), green is reflectivity, and alpha is transparency (only binary transparency supported atm).

Normals are supported separately through luashaders.

Spring supports rectangular power of two textures as well.

Btw, the cons are stunning :D

The worn look is way better on your con (here is my version of the con)

The rest of my t1 remakes:
http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23135

Some of my t2 remakes:
http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23244
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

someone messed up wiki or i simply cant find info about textures again >>
HeavyLancer

Post by HeavyLancer »

When are you going to do a release of models? They look great, but we have to see them in-game :) I'm pretty sure other guys here will script the models if you're having difficulties or want to focus on cranking out the models and textures.

You seem to have prodigious modelling skills, I haven't seen even a group of people get that many models done in that time period :o Keep up the good work.
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

pyra wrote:the first one is the CORE Construction Kbot and the second is the CORE Adv Construction Kbot. CORCK and CORACK. And yes, the arms do fold out. Or at least they should if anyone is actually animating/scripting these. i tried not to stray too far from the original design
ImageImage
honestly...they are just boxes with legs.

i dont know what the hell happened when they designed this thing. First it has two sturdy flat foot and then it turns into these spider leg like things which look flimsy imo. i would like to redo the corack legs if no one minds. to something that more resembles the corck one.

EDIT: Different angles with extended arm/laserthingy
CORCK
corckpreview.jpg
CORACK
corackpreview.jpg

Yeah they look better with their arms out, although nano arms seem a little fat :D

Join going to say though it's units like those where design liberties can safely be made (and probably should be), things that just look bad or don't make sense won't be missed by people. Like, Behe's version is cube-like but it just has a little more going on.

But anyway don't let me stop you from continuing these awesome models, keep it up.
Mr. Bob

Post by Mr. Bob »

Heres something to play around with.

EDIT: oops wrong filetype. Now it has 3ds and obj.
Attachments
Punisherblah.rar
(2.92 MiB) Downloaded 113 times
pyra

Post by pyra »

making the CORE combat engineer right now.

unlike in the original one, this one has the nano thingy attached to the shoulder, not forearm. i thought that would be more structurally plausible.

the leg design has also been changed and i shall make that tomorow
Attachments
corfastpreview.jpg
(25.12 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

[quote="Mr. Bob"]Also, how does the spring engine recognize reflection? Is it texture based or just checked off later?[/quote]Texture 1 is RGB Alpha, alpha being teamcolour.

Reflections and glow are done with a second RBGA texture, red being glow, green being reflectivity. Alpha is transparency (Which is binary on-off transparency). Blue is unused.

Edit: Nevermind, behe already answered that.

Spring also supports OBJ, you can find info about that here:
http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... lit=format

It is great to see a competent, dedicated group taking this on, and in the way you are, understanding the requirements for RTS models. This is a very exciting thing for Spring.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Saktoth wrote:[quote="Mr. Bob"]Also, how does the spring engine recognize reflection? Is it texture based or just checked off later?
Texture 1 is RGB Alpha, alpha being teamcolour.

Reflections and glow are done with a second RBGA texture, red being glow, green being reflectivity. Alpha is transparency (Which is binary on-off transparency). Blue is unused.[/s]
Edit: Nevermind, behe already answered that.

Spring also supports OBJ, you can find info about that here:
http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... lit=format

It is great to see a competent, dedicated group taking this on, and in the way you are, understanding the requirements for RTS models. This is a very exciting thing for Spring.[/quote]

A word from Spring CEO...XD
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

A word from Spring CEO...XD
Thats Licho.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”