Eternal Annihilation (v1.04) - Page 7

Eternal Annihilation (v1.04)

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Re: Eternal Annihilation (v1.03)

Post by TheFatController »

albator wrote:
TheFatController wrote:Updated version and original post with another list of exciting changes
you can remove CORE, noone will play it anymore now
what
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Why did you buff gunships? They were fine.

Also moho storage change is annoying and labs producing metal is silly. Rewarding people for not producing units makes no sense to me at all.

What is workertime? Buildspeed?
TheFatController

Hobo Joe wrote:Why did you buff gunships? They were fine.
Most AA units did less damage to gunships, its silly to have that as a hidden feature so I removed the damage reduction and raised their HP, it's not really meant to be a buff.
Also moho storage change is annoying and labs producing metal is silly. Rewarding people for not producing units makes no sense to me at all.
1000 free storage per mex is excessive imo, there's no need for metal storage once you have a few moho's.

Mobile builders generate resources so this is a precedent. It's also not a "reward", they're less efficient than t1 metal makers. The intention is to help new players so not reclaiming your idle lab isn't so much of a bad move anymore.
Yep
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

TheFatController wrote: Most AA units did less damage to gunships, its silly to have that as a hidden feature so I removed the damage reduction and raised their HP, it's not really meant to be a buff.
Ah, gotcha. Might be worth explaining in the changelog.
TheFatController wrote: 1000 free storage per mex is excessive imo, there's no need for metal storage once you have a few moho's.
I think 500 would be a more reasonable comprimise. I know the 1000 storage is mostly something that benefits teching, but I think it still think it's important for a lot of legit situations. Especially since m stores are really expensive.
TheFatController wrote:Mobile builders generate resources so this is a precedent. It's also not a "reward", they're less efficient than t1 metal makers. The intention is to help new players so not reclaiming your idle lab isn't so much of a bad move anymore.
Fair enough I guess, I still think it's silly but it's small enough to not make a big difference.
TheFatController wrote:
Yep
Nice. It was really annoying to have to use 3 builders to get anything worthwhile done in under 2 minutes.
albator

Post by albator »

TheFatController wrote:
albator wrote:
TheFatController wrote:Updated version and original post with another list of exciting changes
you can remove CORE, noone will play it anymore now
what
You say "what" and you did not reply to any arguments I made about blades. No core player will play your mod.
psihoxxx

Post by psihoxxx »

suggestions:

reduced nano build range and added ability to build radar, basic def (llt and basic aa) and t1 metal (to help rebuild and hold tactical spots that get rapped) ... cost tweaked to balance

added second nano type that has 'normal' range and only rez bot capabilities (repair, reclaim, resurect?!) ...

##############################################
would make the game more dynamic since there would be need for more factories (reduced range = less nanos per factory) - so players might combine bots/tanks/air more on their own.

would make holding lone tactical spots easier - players might spread out more (for big maps that dont have one single def line)

Also the need to spread your eco would present itself (for me this is one of main features - since other strategy games usaully support camping eco and this is happening lately in spring as well) ... such base building is more dynamic and rewarding... plus it takes a bit longer to tech since you need to spread and make more nanos
##############################################

bombers ammo (maybe?) - bombers would have limited (3,4 drops t1, 2 drops t2) ammo, then would need to recharge at airport, repair pad or carrier) - since t2 bombers are overpowered once eco kicks in

increased air role in defence - increased gunships (or other air that's not fighters or bombers) damage agains t3 bots ... would make air more usefull in late games defence

---- on subject of blades... they're ok ... if u build spread aa and have enough of it also they remnid u to kave aa present in units selection ;)
BUT ... it would be nice if antispam aa (sams) would be more resistant to blades though (its easy to stun since its just one tower but its ment to be antispam so...)
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

uh, i was thinking, reduce nanos repair power >> i find it annoying that wall of nanos + beamer or any other turret is so hard to kill (same with hlt porc)

@ alba, we will not miss u
Last edited by Wombat on 20 Sep 2010, 14:36, edited 2 times in total.
Falcrum

Post by Falcrum »

+1 for NOTA air system ;)
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

is this taking off?
TheFatController

Re: Eternal Annihilation (v1.04)

Updated with some shiny new units (and a few other changes) to help further emphasise the difference between this and BA.

Updated changelog: http://bit.ly/9cDtsa
psihoxxx

Post by psihoxxx »

very nice ... i like the ships additions... makes them more useful on the long run

dont think they needed plasma batteries though - would replace that with something more anty hover spam kind of tower

still not a lot of games or players for this one... recomend merging with the BA since this mod has some right ideas about gameplay (and new ba is mostly graphic patch) - if ba guys are up for it
HectorMeyer

Post by HectorMeyer »

Labs producing (additional) resources is just wrong, it just doesn't feel right. This idle thing makes it even worse, it will lead to some very tedious start/stop production microing.

I like the look, feel and concept of the naval plasma battery, but it is expensive, T2, and has only slightly larger range than HLT, barely outranging destroyers. My suggestion: make it cheaper (cheaper than destroyers), lower DPS/HP, T1, and 20% higher range than destroyers, maybe also slower projectiles / higher firing arc / lower ROF. In other words, more Guardian - like. T1 sea really needs a static destroyer defense. Destroyers are kind of the Stumpies of the sea (general purpose heavy mobile assault units). Once the enemy has a slight upper hand, it's GG and you can only watch your base crumble, while Stumpies can still be held back with laser towers and dgun and don't have built-in artillery to shell your base from safety.

Some more sea suggestions: Think about a Floating Annihilator / Doomsdaymachine for T2. Scout ships should have a bit more HP, imo their role should be more like Flash than Weasel. Make dgun work underwater perhaps?
Yuri

Post by Yuri »

I'm pleased that you start taking care of sea.

Pls don't change any models... I fucking hate those bubble kiddie commanders... it looks like CA.
I'm used to OTA models look, which I rly like since 1997 OTA DEMO.

If you start to change the look of models seriously I quit and many oldschool lovers too.
TheFatController

Yuri wrote:I'm pleased that you start taking care of sea.

Pls don't change any models... I fucking hate those bubble kiddie commanders... it looks like CA.

If you start to change the look of models seriously I quit and many oldschool lovers too.
I wasn't planning on changing many models but I did like the new commanders myself, that's good feedback tho I'm glad there are people who feel like this.
Gota

Post by Gota »

TheFatController wrote:
Yuri wrote:I'm pleased that you start taking care of sea.

I wasn't planning on changing many models but I did like the new commanders myself, that's good feedback tho I'm glad there are people who feel like this.
Yeah,the best way to enlarge the community is by insisting on 1997 models....
I don't mind people with such opinions I'm just sorry someone is still listening to them.
Yuri why arent you playing OTA?download the warzone lobby and play ota.
Its original as it was in 1997 with all the original models and engine features.
You will find many people there(about 30 hardcore relentless OTA fans) just like you insisting that obsolete models, art and game features are actually better.

I have a proposition.
Maybe make a widget that replaces models?just have them be the same size with the same hitsphere.
you turn the widget on and its OTA models...You turn it off and its the new models.
I wonder if its at all possible though.
Maybe implemented as a gadget?
Yuri

Post by Yuri »

Well, I'm not a HC OTA fan.

I don't rage about some minor model changes for god sake.
/Pyros do have an antenna at their back, models are shiny now, fus glows, BB doesn't have AN EPIC PLASMA projectile, AKs have closed head, etc./

I'm just pleased with the current look 'n' feel of the units. CA models are mostly bad, they are like an overblown balloon :( /Is this supposed to be a REAPER?!/

Stick with current upgrading models with more polys, better txtres and better effects.

If you want brand new cool hi-tech models go and grab a copy of SupCom 2 ... :(

Maybe I'm too old and conservative for this :(
gonpost

Post by gonpost »

I like the new commander models. The commander still looks like a puny pushover, but it's an improvement. IMO the commander as a unit model should go through some re-thinking to make it better.

The sea plasma battery is only going to be useful if it has a LOT of firepower. Otherwise, T2 conqueror ships are a better, cheaper, mobile version of the battery (with included basic sub defense!).

The sea plasma shields and LRPCs are both good. I like that the core LRPC fires two shots at once to make it unique. These units make the epoch less valuable as an artillery piece and more valuable as a naval combat vessel. The high M cost of the sea LRPC, however, keeps the epoch as a very viable choice as an artillery piece against slow, mobile targets. The high M cost of the sea LRPCs also makes it more difficult for sea to bombard land in an LRPC war, which I think is how it should be.

Core's T1 gunship is cool. It's a flying llt, which suits the faction well. :p

FYI I was looking, and the Banshee's sound for when it fires makes you think that it fires a lot faster than it actually does...which is weird.

I did some T3 mech battles...here are the results:

1 Orcone vs 1 Krogoth
The Orcone has 85,800HP base and costs 21,023M.
The Krogoth has 133,700HP base and costs 27,182M.

Orcone wins with 30% HP* remaining before Krog explodes.
Orcone wins with 23% HP* remaining after Krog's explosion.

*Keep in mind that during the battle, HP is increasing due to experience. After the battle, the Orcone's base HP is 98,000. Therefore, the 30% number is 30% of 98,000 (not 85,800). This note applies to all matches.

Therefore, this shows you that the Orcone has a MUCH higher DPS. Krog makes a better tank but suffers heavily due to its low DPS.

1 Razorback vs 1 Krogtaar
The Razorback has 13,800HP and costs 3,577M.
The Krogtaar has 34,000HP and costs 6,784M.

Krogtaar wins with 62% HP remaining.

2 Razorbacks vs 1 Krogtaar
Razorbacks win, with one at 6% health and the other at 100% health.

Bantha vs Krogtaar
The Bantha has 62,000HP and costs 12,691M.
The Krogtaar has 34,000HP and costs 6,784M.

Bantha wins with 66% health.

1 Razorback vs 1 Karganeth
The Razorback has 13,800HP and costs 3,577M.
The Karganeth has 10,800HP and costs 1,560M.

Razorback wins with 69% HP.

1 Razorback vs 2 Karganeth
Karganeth wins, one dead and the other at 55% HP.

1 Karganeth vs 1 Shiva
The Karganeth has 10,800HP and costs 1,560M.
The Shiva has 9,000HP and costs 1,442M.

Karganeth wins with 9%HP.
forest_devil

Post by forest_devil »

as crazy as some of these ideas sound i had some wierd stuff in GBA ba for pure gameplay experiments

no radar
--highly buffed scout LOS and all scouts have cheap cloak (big decloak range)
scouts also had no weapon

no solars only advsolar but each mex made E

reduced LOS for all units -- making scouts useful/essential
Gota

Post by Gota »

forest_devil wrote:as crazy as some of these ideas sound i had some wierd stuff in GBA ba for pure gameplay experiments

no radar
--highly buffed scout LOS and all scouts have cheap cloak (big decloak range)
scouts also had no weapon

no solars only advsolar but each mex made E

reduced LOS for all units -- making scouts useful/essential
There is a TA mod where radar coverage was removed from certain areas of gamepaly.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

Code: Select all

rapid pin ea:latest
still is at v1.02

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”