Cylon style Resurection Facility

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Chamrin

Post by Chamrin »

A t2 building of sorts that after built keeps track of the exp of each unit that dies while it's running. When a new unit is built it is given the highest available stored exp level of the same unit type. Building drains E and costs more than 2-3 targeting facilities or something.

When you actually resurrect a unit from wreckage you could either give it 0 exp (the actual exp is still stored in the building) or the highest exp available for that unit type. Trying to keep track of which wreckage had which exp is probably a bit too much I think. But maybe there's a simple way.

The primary effects would be you'd be pumping out some units with higher hit points and a greater rate of fire. (That's all exp does right?)

When it's destroyed all stored exp values are lost. If you have more than one, I suppose there could be some redundancy, so you only lose all your exp values if you lose all your res facilities.

BTW I wanted to suggest this for other mods too, especially SA, but don't want to spam the forums with the same topic in multiple places. Luckily I think it'll get read by most people here anyway.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Re: Cylon style Resurection Facility

Post by KaiserJ »

that is actually a pretty damn cool idea; i like it

idk if it would go into BA ever, but yeah... fits with the whole idea of units in the TA universe being either clones or programs... this building would be like one of those hard drive backup unit thingers. if it existed, i would build it.
Zydox
Lobby Developer

Post by Zydox »

Wouldn't it make more sence to morph the existing labs with this feature, so if they are morphed, the new units would get the killed units xp?

Or would all factories start producing xp units?
knorke

Post by knorke »

xp would probally skyrocket? as it would only increase.
how would it change balance? if one lucky pw has 1.5 xp it does not change much but a swarm of such pws...

maybe if a high xp unit has to enter the factory to "upgrade" it, that would slow it down somewhat.
BTW I wanted to suggest this for other mods too, especially SA
i think sa wants to stay as close as possible to ota? maybe ca as it already has rank symbols and is probally most open for such ideas. but they already have morph for high xp units. hm.
Chamrin

Post by Chamrin »

Not really a fan of morphing, and it wouldn't fit in BA anyway.

Obviously this would need to be tested, but other ways you can balance it besides just making it T2/lots of E to use/expensive would be to halve all stored experiences or some other ratio.

Though experience really doesn't add up all that fast, and because you have to go T2 to even start saving experience, all your t1 exp losses are gone for good anyway. Essentially the facility becomes a sorta powerful mid/late game tool that lets your units become more effective. Especially useful for T1 if they happen to kill a more powerful unit and get a bunch of exp fast, but that doesn't really happen much and most units don't get all that much exp anyway.
babbles

Post by babbles »

The primary effects would be you'd be pumping out some units with higher hit points and a greater rate of fire. (That's all exp does right?)
In XTA, Arm Raven's accuracy increases with exp, not sure if this applies to anything else in XTA or any other mod.

Would be cool for decoy commanders to have the xp that the original Commander has.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”