Balanced Annihilation V7.11 - Page 5

Balanced Annihilation V7.11

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

zerver
Spring Developer

Re: Balanced Annihilation V7.1

Post by zerver »

TradeMark wrote:LUPS should be disabled by default, so annoying to always click it off every release >_>

hmm, would be useful if we could track which widgets people use (from the BA default widgets). so if theres such widget like LUPS or RedUI/loLUI then we could understand that nobody actually uses them and make them disabled by default.
That's unnecessary, I'd say ALL widgets off by default. IMO it is important to 'ship' the game in a minimum configuration to ensure good performance even for lower end systems.
Noob users may not even realize there are such things as widgets and that the FPS may be quadrupled by disabling the right ones.
TradeMark

Re: Balanced Annihilation V7.11

Post by TradeMark »

indeed, and even less know you can use mousewheel to scroll down in the list :D
Blue_Falcon

Post by Blue_Falcon »

New lua widget required - make list have columns and sort alphabetically. :P
I'd do it myself but don't know how :P :lol:
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

Saw strange behavior of the Core SAM lately: After shooting a volley at enemy bombers, it started spinning fast and didn't fire anymore although enemy bombers were close. That behavior continued for something like 10-20 seconds or so. The SAM wasn't blocked/stunned/whatever.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Ive also seen the sam do that, though I thought it was just unable to fire cause of wind around it.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

moho mexes do not produce metal as long as the T1 mex is still there, they still use energy though. when the T1 is removed, they start producing metal, but they wont start turning.
happens for both factions.
Attachments
screen00001.png
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

We need a widget that increases FPS.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

hoijui wrote:moho mexes do not produce metal as long as the T1 mex is still there, they still use energy though. when the T1 is removed, they start producing metal, but they wont start turning.

:shock:

I can't imagine how many times I've been bit by that and not noticed it. WTF???
Regret

Post by Regret »

hoijui wrote:moho mexes do not produce metal as long as the T1 mex is still there, they still use energy though. when the T1 is removed, they start producing metal, but they wont start turning.
The player was e stalling, that's why there is no m income from said mex. There is no such bug as you described.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

The mex to the upper right traditionally takes priority, this is how you could steal allied mex spots of the TA style from AA onwards...
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

upper right priority? wtf... theres no priority, they share the metal, if you remove the normal mex, the moho will produce as much metal as it did with normal mex + moho mex.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

so, why can sampsons shoot ground but not jethro?
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Regret wrote:
The player was e stalling, that's why there is no m income from said mex. There is no such bug as you described.
it uses e in the picture -> should produce m. But, I cant say whats really going on based on just a stupid screenshot
triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:so, why can sampsons shoot ground but not jethro?
Jethro are underwater too, I think it's fine, but samsons should have lower hp.
Last edited by triton on 11 Feb 2010, 10:53, edited 1 time in total.
Sirex

Post by Sirex »

I don't know if this is the right thread to post but i do it.

The game has crashed everysingle time i play now on 7.1X. Same fault, microsoft c++ runtime library error.

Heres the latest game infolog, it didnt save the replay for that game :(.
EDIT: oh wait it did, i post now.
Attachments
20100211_101915_unnamed_0.81.1.sdf
replay
(424.12 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
infolog.txt
infolog
(17.04 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

triton wrote:
1v0ry_k1ng wrote:so, why can sampsons shoot ground but not jethro?
Jethro are underwater too, I think it's fine, but samsons should have lower hp.
anphibious jethro is a redundant ability, on a sea map- eg, sands of war- you are never going to go kbot, you are going to go vehicle because you have anphibious assault tank and con vehicles. early game it is useless because you only have one lab and if it is water that will be vehicle, sea or air, lategame it is useless because you will have hovers (which can fire whilst on the water), sea or t2 air spam

sampson needs high hp to fulfill its current skirmishing role, its not op.

Jethro with the same weapon as the sampson would be inherantly less effective (it has lower hp, speed) but it would at least give bots a few more options (especially core...) and give them a little more flexibility
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

i think they are amphi because you can also build them in the underwater factory

1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

sure, but in any situation where the bot lab is optimal the anphib jethro is not useful
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Actually, speaking of which, the Naval Engineer needs to be able to build those too. Right now the core Naval Eng can't build any amphibious AA units while the Arm one can (the Pelican). This means that, when making landfall, you have no anti-air coverage. My approach is usually to build an amphicom, use a SAM ship to cover it, and then build a kbot lab at the landfall location.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:Jethro with the same weapon as the sampson would be inherantly less effective (it has lower hp, speed) but it would at least give bots a few more options (especially core...) and give them a little more flexibility
No, aa bot atm is faster, turns faster, and is much cheaper than samson. If you took jethro as it is now and changed only weapon it would be better than samson in most situations. Though of course it would be still worse aa than with current weapon.

And I have an idea for a map where the amphib ability comes to be pretty useful. Current sea maps arent really varied at all, theres a lot of funky stuff to be done there.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”