juggernaut cant go over dragonteeths

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

bantha can...

juggernaut should go over anything really, its so fucking slow anyways
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Re: juggernaut cant go over dragonteeths

Post by TheFatController »

+1
Blue_Falcon

Post by Blue_Falcon »

+0.5

Yes, it should be able to go over DTs, but IMO not just anything. I say any wreckages smaller than half its size, and Dragon's Teeth.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

i agree
polarstar_111

Post by polarstar_111 »

Well, I find it an interesting feature that it can't. Its just a massive chunk of hp and is almost unstoppable anyway. It would add an interesting dimension to it if it can't crush stuff.
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

Jug would also deserve Crush weapon like Krog, just with lets say 50% less dPS. Its speed would still make it allmost useless though.. :roll:

Big fat dgun bait :mrgreen:
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

polarstar_111 wrote:Well, I find it an interesting feature that it can't. Its just a massive chunk of hp and is almost unstoppable anyway. It would add an interesting dimension to it if it can't crush stuff.
so why the fuck i would build juggernauts then? krogs can walk over fences...

you can always build t2 fences to stop t3... which is logical

--

its already really annoying to use juggernauts, since small units on front of them makes them turn around, and so they will just spin non stop like some retards and not move an inch.

+ you need to build at least 2 juggernauts and walk side by side with some distance, because its so easy to dgun them...
ginekolog wrote:Jug would also deserve Crush weapon like Krog, just with lets say 50% less dPS.
+1
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

how does the inability to crush things add an interesting dimension?

It'd be more interesting if it crushed *everything*
bartvbl

Post by bartvbl »

I think its power is balanced by its damn slow movements :P
That seems enough problems for that thing :P
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

would be great if the juggernaut had some fake collision sphere on front of it only for allies, so your allies cant go on front of your juggernaut and fuck up his movement...

the fake collision sphere would be same as when you build a building on allies units: they try to get outta there. except in this case they would try to get out of there at front or left/right, not at the direction of juggernaut..

or just simply make the juggernaut script so it wont try to change his direction when hes moving... wouldnt care about the units on front of it, unless they are buildings (or nanotowers). So it would just push everything on front of them, and push them so hard they will be forced to move...
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Thing is, the jugg is already fairly weak (it's gun). I mean it's like a massive slowly walking hunk of solid steel with a tiny gun on it.

I confess it's been a while since I built a jugg, but I remember them and assume they haven't change a whole heck of a lot. I guess my point is that I can't see how they are even worth building if they are so easily stopped.
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

I've always seen them as pretty much what their name says, a barely mobile heavy turret, although they're useless against swarmers as they're too slow and the guns will do friendly fire and they're useless against really big things as their dps is too low so erm.. yeah.. they've always been a bit crap.

Problem is core can't have 2 krogoths so they have to remain as they are or take on some other role (or maybe the 'other role' they already have is fine).
fLaMbEuR

Post by fLaMbEuR »

How about adding AA to it ?
pintle

Post by pintle »

Why can't core have 2 Krogoths? Its hardly gonna change the face of competitive BA 1v1s now is it?
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Forboding Angel wrote:I confess it's been a while since I built a jugg, but I remember them and assume they haven't change a whole heck of a lot. I guess my point is that I can't see how they are even worth building if they are so easily stopped.
i build juggernauts every time on MSSM, and they are good on that map... and they arent so easily stopped really, they can even walk past the short bridge with 50% speed boost =D and thats pretty much it...
fLaMbEuR wrote:How about adding AA to it ?
that would be great... would be a bit more useful, if it had like 2 flakkers on it. that would be fucking good actually :D
TheFatController wrote:they've always been a bit crap.
yeah and their gun turns annoyingly slow :D one time i was trying to shoot some target and i saw my health draining, and just when i was gonna shoot, my juggernaut exploded -_-

maybe make the gun turn faster so it would be a bit more useful piece of shit?
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

i think juggernaut should go over t2 walls too... what do you think? would add some interesting aspect in the game when theres one unit that can do it...
fLaMbEuR

Post by fLaMbEuR »

TradeMark wrote:i think juggernaut should go over t2 walls too... what do you think? would add some interesting aspect in the game when theres one unit that can do it...
Well it would make sense if T3 units could go over T2 walls and big T2 units over T1 walls
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/juggernaut

jug┬Àger┬Ànaut (jgr-n├┤t)
n.
2. An overwhelming, advancing force that crushes or seems to crush everything in its path

should crush everything (including allied units) except t3 and large buildings IMO.. now that'd make it interesting
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Yeah, I was going to post something of that effect. It's called a _juggernaut_. "Crushing everything in its path" is the freaking definition of the word.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

so my first post was correct after all :P
fLaMbEuR wrote:
TradeMark wrote:i think juggernaut should go over t2 walls too... what do you think? would add some interesting aspect in the game when theres one unit that can do it...
Well it would make sense if T3 units could go over T2 walls and big T2 units over T1 walls
nah t2 shouldnt go over t1 walls... its fine as it is now. but juggernaut should go over t2...

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”