Gimps

Gimps

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

YokoZar

Gimps

Post by YokoZar »

Gimps were nerfed after gimpspam became a degenerate sea strategy a while back, however the current way they play just feels buggy and stupid.

In short, a large reason why they suck now is because their turret turns at about 1/3 the rate they do, so any order the player gives will confuse the hell out of them and make them unable to shoot for a long while.

So I suggest not making them so frustrating -- raise the turret speed so we no longer notice that their script doesn't make them do the smart thing and turn in place. Then balance them some other way, such as reducing torpedo damage.
Wombat

Re: Gimps

Post by Wombat »

gimps are amph, what means they can fight in land and sea and that means they cant be 'good' in both sea and land... just fix they torps missing bug and they are cool amph units to take sea back, but still easy to counter
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

Wombat wrote:gimps are amph, what means they can fight in land and sea and that means they cant be 'good' in both sea and land... just fix they torps missing bug and they are cool amph units to take sea back, but still easy to counter
Yeah the torps should be homing too. But the tracking speed makes them pretty gimpy unless you make them stand still, which is a really stupid way to micro a unit.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

u make them hold still ? u can still outmicro them vs subs and their accuracy doesnt change while moving... and their torps should be NOT homing
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

Wombat wrote:u make them hold still ? u can still outmicro them vs subs and their accuracy doesnt change while moving... and their torps should be NOT homing
I'm not sure how to make them not miss targets right above them unless the torps are homing.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

i meant missing labs >>
ChaosMonkey

Post by ChaosMonkey »

Wombat wrote:i meant missing labs >>
you gimp.
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

TFC overnerfed them too hard. They used op, but then they got nerfed 3 times:
1. torpoedos dont hit moving targets (worst nerf)
2. reload time increase
3. fire arc

I would revert 1. and 3. Then I would reduce torpedo dps for 15% and that should make them OK, but not uber.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”