Balanced Annihilation V7.01 - Page 3

Balanced Annihilation V7.01

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

JohannesH

Re: Balanced Annihilation V7.01

Post by JohannesH »

Priority targeting wouldnt have helped Dragon in that situation though.
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

If all AA targeted transports first then you could just send in a load of empty Seahooks with your bombers to tank the AA.
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

TheFatController wrote:If all AA targeted transports first then you could just send in a load of empty Seahooks with your bombers to tank the AA.
True, and figters do much less dmg to transports than to bombers.

Could anyone be kind enough to update http://modinfo.adune.nl/index.php?side=core&MOD=ba691 to new ver?
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

TheFatController wrote:If all AA targeted transports first then you could just send in a load of empty Seahooks with your bombers to tank the AA.
Is there a way to make AA target loaded transports first?

Even so, the dragonfly transport costs almost the same as a t2 bomber and has the same HP, so I'm not sure it's that degenerate a strategy. The seahook is a bit more expensive, although it does have a higher hp/cost ratio.

Regardless, the VTRANS targetting category doesn't include the dragonfly/seahook - it's only the t1 trans.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

YokoZar wrote: Is there a way to make AA target loaded transports first?
I'm not sure that would be a good idea, because afaik there is no visual indicator of t2 trans being loaded or not, so how could the AA know?
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

YokoZar wrote:1) T1 fighters should probably have transports in their priority target list. See http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=20429
You do realize that that wouldnt have helped in that situation at all?
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

BaNa wrote:
YokoZar wrote: Is there a way to make AA target loaded transports first?
I'm not sure that would be a good idea, because afaik there is no visual indicator of t2 trans being loaded or not, so how could the AA know?
Fair enough, but perhaps the priority should still apply to the t1 trans. Would make combombing into AA slightly harder since sending a bunch of decoy transports wouldn't work quite as well.
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

Every form of AA should target bombers first, gunships second, transports third, since that's really the order of danger for your base.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

no transports is first... or, loaded ones.
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

el_matarife wrote:Every form of AA should target bombers first, gunships second, transports third, since that's really the order of danger for your base.
AA should prefer what it does bonus damage to. So fighters target bombers, flakkers target gunships.
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

JohannesH wrote:no transports is first... or, loaded ones.
Bombers are still a more immediate threat than transports since you may have ground defenses or units that can handle the airdropped units. Bombers could blow up your base and AA is the only thing that can stop them.
YokoZar wrote: AA should prefer what it does bonus damage to. So fighters target bombers, flakkers target gunships.
This is a good point, and I assume you mean whatever it does the most bonus damage by percent? That's as good a way as any to determine what the unit is designed to counter, I think.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

do geothermals need to cost so much E? as it is, you rarely see them in 1v1s even when the geovent is in a nearby, protected location
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:do geothermals need to cost so much E? as it is, you rarely see them in 1v1s even when the geovent is in a nearby, protected location
Its more interesting when theres a significant drawback too, its not like a giant windmill but more like a big adv solar.
Gota

Post by Gota »

In Supcom those geos are much more accessible in 1v1.
In SA i made them cost less and give less e proportionately.
They are still the most cost effective building but are accessible earlier.
bartvbl

Post by bartvbl »

is it just me, or do the playerlist and the ally resources from that (ingame) settings menu on the right not work properly? every time I try to close the playerslist, luaui crashes immedeately...
HectorMeyer

Post by HectorMeyer »

Why was the Minimap Events widget removed? I miss it.

edit: downloaded it from springfiles, but still..
Last edited by HectorMeyer on 25 Sep 2009, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

bartvbl wrote:is it just me, or do the playerlist and the ally resources from that (ingame) settings menu on the right not work properly? every time I try to close the playerslist, luaui crashes immedeately...
yah advplayer list died for me too
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

BaNa wrote:
bartvbl wrote:is it just me, or do the playerlist and the ally resources from that (ingame) settings menu on the right not work properly? every time I try to close the playerslist, luaui crashes immedeately...
yah advplayer list died for me too
Yeah I had that too. Deleting my lua config (I know its a pain to reconfigure) fixed it.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

doesnt a textfile saves the configures for each mod?
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Yes. I deleted \LuaUI\Config\BA.lua and widget_data.lua but I guess deleting BA.lua should be sufficient.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”