Orcone - Page 2

Orcone

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Stealth870

Re: Orcone

Post by Stealth870 »

REVENGE wrote:
Caydr wrote:What's your definition of OTA? Does it include CC + 3.1?
Pretty much Cavedog stuff represents OTA in my mind.
In which case, it's still not OTA. It was made by the same dudes who made the Karganeth, MAD TA. :wink:
Blue_Falcon

Post by Blue_Falcon »

OK... Haven't checked here in a while >.>

Doesn't the lack of an Orcone make the Krogoth rather imbalanced?
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Blue_Falcon wrote:OK... Haven't checked here in a while >.>

Doesn't the lack of an Orcone make the Krogoth rather imbalanced?
The Bantha is the Arm Krogoth. It's the same role, just smaller.
Blue_Falcon

Post by Blue_Falcon »

The ARM has no super-heavy land units. That's my point. The T3 units are all *moderately* strong units, which are too weak to send alone.

The CORE has two such units. The Krogoth and the Juggernaut can carve huge holes into the enemy's base alone.

After all is said and done, I miss the Orcone, and will just leave this topic as a memorial to the arm super-bot, as I hardly think that it will be re-included. :D
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

You dont send them alone in a serious game either.
Blue_Falcon

Post by Blue_Falcon »

The first ones, you generally do as far as I know...
pintle

Post by pintle »

Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

pintle wrote:LOL
+1 Yes this is why u dont send alone...
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

Blue_Falcon wrote:The ARM has no super-heavy land units. That's my point. The T3 units are all *moderately* strong units, which are too weak to send alone.

The CORE has two such units. The Krogoth and the Juggernaut can carve huge holes into the enemy's base alone.

After all is said and done, I miss the Orcone, and will just leave this topic as a memorial to the arm super-bot, as I hardly think that it will be re-included. :D
Right, you send the bantha in pairs, which is just as well since 2 of them together cost the same as a krogoth and can kill one.
Blue_Falcon

Post by Blue_Falcon »

Ah, OK.

Yup, that was LOL
I failed >.>

Now I take all back and don't desperately have to have the orcone back :P
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Really, the Bantha is disproportionately small for its firepower. It doesn't look as powerful as it is - it's 4x as powerful as everything else in the Experimental lab.
Kixu

Post by Kixu »

Main problem with arm t3 is by the time a game gets to this point there is usually quite a few LRPC on the map, which is where arm fail. Their t3 get sniped down much faster then core and generally fail at advancing and combating enemy t3 because of this.

Vangaurds are okay but kinda niche units (also see LRPC statement), maruaders rarely are of more use then pelicans. Razor back is aweseme model and animation but kargenth much superior in that it climbs walls.

Maybe having the bantha more resistant to LRPC would make it more viable. Currently I would be loathed the have arm gantry instead of core in those late game fights, but then maybe that is how its intended to be :?:
Blue_Falcon

Post by Blue_Falcon »

Kixu wrote:Currently I would be loathed the have arm gantry instead of core in those late game fights, but then maybe that is how its intended to be :?:
Well, I guess that's the imbalanced T1 kbots sorted ;)

(ARM Warrior)
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

Kixu wrote:Main problem with arm t3 is by the time a game gets to this point there is usually quite a few LRPC on the map, which is where arm fail. Their t3 get sniped down much faster then core and generally fail at advancing and combating enemy t3 because of this.
I'm not sure I believe this. LRPC do more bonus damage to krogoth than they do bantha, and bantha are more cost effective anyway (seriously, just wait till you have two and send them together)
Gedanken

Post by Gedanken »

YokoZar wrote:
Kixu wrote:Main problem with arm t3 is by the time a game gets to this point there is usually quite a few LRPC on the map, which is where arm fail. Their t3 get sniped down much faster then core and generally fail at advancing and combating enemy t3 because of this.
I'm not sure I believe this. LRPC do more bonus damage to krogoth than they do bantha, and bantha are more cost effective anyway (seriously, just wait till you have two and send them together)
That's KIXU you quoted right there btw! loal

Bantha <3 itt nevertheless - ofc main advantage of pair is that if one bantha gets dgunned, the other will knacker the comm
Blue_Falcon

Post by Blue_Falcon »

Gedanken wrote:
YokoZar wrote:
That's KIXU you quoted right there btw! loal

Bantha <3 itt nevertheless - ofc main advantage of pair is that if one bantha gets dgunned, the other will knacker the comm
Ya... And in (M)SSM games they just get spammed, but that doesn't count of course :D
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

i never liked orcone... it looked fugly

i want krogtaar back :< why? core doesnt have "cheap" t3 mech that isnt a walking nuclear bomb.
Tired

Post by Tired »

Bantha = best T3 unit in either faction. Range + maneuverability + compact size (good pathing/small target) + speed + good firepower.

If you're building Krogoths or Juggs, they're for wtflols, as they're utterly non-decisive in winning.
Blue_Falcon

Post by Blue_Falcon »

Congrats on reviving this topic exactly one month later :P :D

Additionally, your point has been the most-posted in the whole topic, so (IMO) that wasn't worth posting. Sorry for sounding offensive if I do.
Tired

Post by Tired »

A one month old post for a three year old issue. Yeah, you're right - how could I be so unstylishly out of date?

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”