Co-op mode ends all Balance - Page 2

Co-op mode ends all Balance

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

YokoZar
Posts: 883
Joined: 15 Jul 2007, 22:02

Re: Co-op mode ends all Balance

Post by YokoZar »

hunterw wrote:
1v0ry_k1ng wrote: the _only_ advantage of coop is much better teamwork. two indiviual players that have TS on and know how to play the game can acheive just as much.
negative. the resource pooling changes things a lot programmatically - it prevents any one player from ever e-stalling, for instance. yeah the individuals could quickly share their E, but this isn't the same at all. all non-coop could play with share bars all the way down and i'm pretty sure it wouldn't work the same as coop.

think about it. you can go on ridiculous dgun rampage on a coop team because you have 10000 e storage instead of four separate, stallable 2500s. you know exactly when to stop dgunning because you see the e bar that your whole team has. no one ever e-stalls and everyones turrets work that entire time.

non-coop team has absolutely no way of coordinating this as quickly or as perfectly efficient.
They can get pretty close with widgets (eg e-stall widget)
User avatar
hunterw
Posts: 1838
Joined: 14 May 2006, 12:22

Re: Co-op mode ends all Balance

Post by hunterw »

nah read that scenario, estall widget is outside the scope of what i'm talking about
Regret
Posts: 2086
Joined: 18 Aug 2007, 19:04

Re: Co-op mode ends all Balance

Post by Regret »

I think co-op is ridiculously stupid and imbalances pub games, but if people are dumb enough to play against co-oped teams then be my guest, enjoy losing, there are plenty of non co-op hosts.
User avatar
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer
Posts: 1177
Joined: 10 Dec 2006, 18:46

Re: Co-op mode ends all Balance

Post by TheFatController »

"ends all Balance"
User avatar
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer
Posts: 3984
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 19:29

Re: Co-op mode ends all Balance

Post by NOiZE »

Coop seems like fun, if both teams coop :D
User avatar
CCBlackmilk
Posts: 62
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 03:20

Re: Co-op mode ends all Balance

Post by CCBlackmilk »

TheFatController wrote:"ends all Balance"
In essence it does, regarding hunter's scenario a title like that is viable in terms of what co-op does.
User avatar
Caydr
Omnidouche
Posts: 7179
Joined: 16 Oct 2004, 19:40

Re: Co-op mode ends all Balance

Post by Caydr »

Coop doesn't ruin games, I ruin games.
User avatar
ChaosMonkey
Posts: 180
Joined: 06 Jul 2009, 21:21

Re: Co-op mode ends all Balance

Post by ChaosMonkey »

when you get owned by a pro coop you instantly blame the fact that they are cooping and not that they are pro, so you would've gotten owned anyway if there was no coop. I've seen loads of noobs trying to coop and it doesn't ruin the game at all. The thread title is a lie.
User avatar
CCBlackmilk
Posts: 62
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 03:20

Re: Co-op mode ends all Balance

Post by CCBlackmilk »

ChaosMonkey wrote:when you get owned by a pro coop you instantly blame the fact that they are cooping and not that they are pro, so you would've gotten owned anyway if there was no coop. I've seen loads of noobs trying to coop and it doesn't ruin the game at all. The thread title is a lie.
Chaos Monkey, your point is arguable.

I've been playing Spring for two years, and, yes, I've lost to pros all the time.

However, I've NEVER lost a teamgame of 8v8 in under 10 minutes.

It just made them that more powerful.
User avatar
JohannesH
Posts: 1793
Joined: 07 Apr 2009, 12:43

Re: Co-op mode ends all Balance

Post by JohannesH »

Ask your random team to coop too! Win?
User avatar
CCBlackmilk
Posts: 62
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 03:20

Re: Co-op mode ends all Balance

Post by CCBlackmilk »

JohannesH wrote:Ask your random team to coop too! Win?
Result: 1 Noob leeches all the metal, and, tries to nuke rush without sustaining eco.
YokoZar
Posts: 883
Joined: 15 Jul 2007, 22:02

Re: Co-op mode ends all Balance

Post by YokoZar »

CCBlackmilk wrote:
JohannesH wrote:Ask your random team to coop too! Win?
Result: 1 Noob leeches all the metal, and, tries to nuke rush without sustaining eco.
So in other words you were playing with noobs and the other team wasn't.
User avatar
Beherith
Moderator
Posts: 4969
Joined: 26 Oct 2007, 16:21

Re: Co-op mode ends all Balance

Post by Beherith »

CCBlackmilk wrote: Result: 1 Noob leeches all the metal, and, tries to nuke rush without sustaining eco.
ur doin it rong. Since you can also cancel the stuff the other nub is building. If you ever coop with a nub, stick his nanos on passive.
Post Reply

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”