Balanced Annihilation V6.96 - Page 7

Balanced Annihilation V6.96

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

1v0ry_k1ng

Re: Balanced Annihilation V6.96

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

include some AA in factory buildorders

???????

proft!
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:include some AA in factory buildorders

???????

proft!
That pretty much means you can't make good raids because AA moves too slow to support them.

Tbh, I haven't seen many games where the enemy has used Blades and has had them all taken out in their first use because of AA.
It's always, Blades attack, then you make AA in case they come back...
By which time, most of your troops have probably died.
Llamadeus

Post by Llamadeus »

Possible solutions:
  • Make AA in advance
  • Make slower, more methodical pushes
  • Not feeding your opponent metal by sending in defenseless tanks piecemeal
  • Remove bladewings entirely!!
Lolsquad_Steven

Post by Lolsquad_Steven »

I just tested all of llama's options, none will work unless a patch to increase flash tank speed is implemented ASAP!
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I demand NOiZE's opinion on this crucial potenial Core nerf.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

neddiedrow wrote:on this crucial potenial Core nerf.
Imo theres nothing to discuss, jazcash is just being his usual, whiny clueless self, because he got his ass whipped by team players using bladewings.

Also, jaz doesnt play core too often.

What he doesnt seem to understand, is that spamming blades takes a whole player, until its the endgame anyway. And that extra player isnt just noobing out in his base, but contributing to his team in an efficient manner.

That player is what every good team should have-air support, and hes doing it well.

Good use of bladewings isnt easy, its just as full of pitfalls as microing anything else well. If there are just 3-4 light aa stuff in a larger force or fortification, then one will lose 10-15 bladewings before they even have a chance to fully paralyze.
Gota

Post by Gota »

There is a known issue with bladewings.
It's the fact that when units are emped and take dmg they will linger in their emped state until they are dead even if the drone flew away ages ago.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Beherith wrote:
neddiedrow wrote:on this crucial potenial Core nerf.
Also, jaz doesnt play core too often.
What the hell do you know about me? I play Core and Arm alternately most of the time. I rarely play the same faction 3 games in a row....
HectorMeyer

Post by HectorMeyer »

My 2 cents:

Bladewings are very strong in many situations, but they come with huge sunk costs and die quickly to any resistance.

So it's all good :)

And yes, the bug Gota mentioned is very nasty, fixing it alone will nerf Bladewings a lot.
Kixu

Post by Kixu »

Bladewings are fun.

Also, what if fake commanders could capture stuff? Apart from using them as decoys for com bombs (which is late game and rare) and spamming loads for air drops they dont have too much use.
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

HectorMeyer wrote:And yes, the bug Gota mentioned is very nasty, fixing it alone will nerf Bladewings a lot.
I would LOVE it if EMP worked in an intuitive way but more EMP time on damaged units is hardcoded into the engine which is pretty ridiculous imo..

Should probably raise a feature request.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Was probably raised several times already.
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

my only complaint about bladewings is that they behave really stupidly by standing still in the air, letting them get shot by just about anything

they should shoot and move, if only to strafe to the sides a bit so they don't get killed by rockos
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

YokoZar wrote:my only complaint about bladewings is that they behave really stupidly by standing still in the air, letting them get shot by just about anything

they should shoot and move, if only to strafe to the sides a bit so they don't get killed by rockos
I almost like this now, as they're so effective and move so responsively it makes sense that they should be more micro heavy
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

TheFatController wrote:
YokoZar wrote:my only complaint about bladewings is that they behave really stupidly by standing still in the air, letting them get shot by just about anything

I almost like this now, as they're so effective and move so responsively it makes sense that they should be more micro heavy
I'm very cautious of balancing a unit by making it behave stupidly unless microed. I don't find it fun, especially as the game gets larger.

The bladewing is uniquely stupid this way - even the gunship will avoid rocko hits without being babysat.

Maybe it would be interesting to have the bladewing move a bit more like a fighter (and make passes at its targets)
Llamadeus

Post by Llamadeus »

Microing bladewings: press a, drag a circle. This is pretty much the best way to use bladewings (they'll focus on each unit and work through each enemy unit, ignoring units already stunned), them standing still is usually a result of using the patrol or fight commands.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

I usually stick them on roam, and give them a move or fight order in a line over the enemy stuff.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

We know, Behe. Llama, myself, et al were merely dismissing Jaz in an entertaining manner.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Afaik llamas way is usually better than behes, because they dont attack units already stunned then.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I just micro them individually.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”