Balanced Annihilation V6.96 - Page 3

Balanced Annihilation V6.96

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Jazcash

Re: Balanced Annihilation V6.96

Post by Jazcash »

Wombat wrote:well everyone who take a part in this discussion (actually not only in this) dont agree with most of ur statements.. maybe trolling is not a problem... if i dont agree with u (i can even dont agree with everything u say) it means im trolling or i just have own opinion ?
You don't have an opinion. You're a Sheep.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

sheep is ur irl boyfriend... ah forgot, he agree with u... anyway stop cry, offtop and post some decent suggestions, not like "90% players are making torp bombers vs sea - they need nerf' LOL
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Wombat wrote:sheep is ur irl boyfriend... ah forgot, he agree with u... anyway stop cry, offtop and post some decent suggestions, not like "90% players are making torp bombers vs sea - they need nerf' LOL
LOLWTFUXBBQ. Go read a book or something.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

are there any forum mods around?
can someone delete all the derailing faggot posts from those two?
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

ur facepalm posts arent any better
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

JAZCASH wrote:Behe I play Arm and Core alternately all the time. I have my experience of all my points otherwise I wouldn't of stated them. Your answers don't really have any justification. Just, "No".
Your using some seriously screwed up logic here, since most of your suggested changes are opinions, without any justification. There is no need for me to refute them since they are not valid arguments, just unjustified opinion. If you want justification, add "I think they are fine as they are" after each of my no answers.

Oh, so the fact that they your experience tells you that they so makes them correct? Ah, teenage delusions of grandeur are always fun to crash and burn.
Just try playing BA a bit before you give useless answers.
Get off that high horse before attempting to state your opinion as irrefutable fact. You sound like gota when you do it.
Because you haven't played BA much, you'll not understand that players make Torp Bombers pretty much 90% of the time when they need to play Land vs Sea battles. On most maps, the water is too small for naval players to be able to counter Torp Bombers. Not the mention, once the Torp is launched at the Com, there is practically no way for the Com to avoid it.
I think Torp Bombers do balanced damage to all Naval units except the Com. This is stupid.
Yeah, I havent played much BA. Since torp bombers are the only superb counters of sea, it makes sense that they have high usefulness. If your really all that worried about torp bombers screwing your comm while you sit back and try to make sea eco without any units, then barricade him in underwater metal storages. Or even better, stick him on land with a jammer close by. Again, sea is highly mobile, you can relocate in seconds while your eco is underwater, and the torp bombers have to make a bazillion passes to get it all, while your a land base and all the precious nanos get owned by a singe pass.

It's about the units speed which makes them more powerful. Jeffy is better than the weasel because of it's speed.
Why do you feel the need to homogenize the two factions? They both have their uses.

And I believe the same for a lot of similar units. With micro, zippers could beat a gang of Pyros any day. Not the mention Zippers can shoot through each other easily and Pyros can't without killing each other.
Testing proved that this is once again, false.
But really Sea sucks ballz.
This is proof that you dont know what your talking about.

"Get rid of all annoying, useless, broken, cheating widgets."

Such as Auto Skirm, Auto Swarm, Dgun Unstall, The massive amount of point spamming widgets where 16 players all have the same thing so all spam the same labels everywhere.
My half assed micro is still better than these two widgets. Plus if you havent checked, dgun unstall STILL does not work, after like a year. Way to prove yourself man.
Last edited by Beherith on 23 Jul 2009, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

/me crying with smile on his face
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Beherith wrote: dgun unstall STILL does not work, after like a year. Way to prove yourself man.
Exactly, that's why I said "Get rid of all annoying, useless, broken, cheating widgets."

I don't need to prove myself, you just proved me for me.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

did u know u can delete widgets ?
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

The point is all the useless broken widgets should be removed from Spring Downloader and all the widget databases.

Sea sucks.

/thread.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Well, I honestly dont know why you even mentioned those widgets, since they are not included in ba anyway.

Oh edit:
Well, there is a ton of legacy code in them that can be reused. And they are quite a comprehensive set of stuff, makes it much easier to make a widget, you find something similar, and can start reworking that one. So they are still a good asset. Maybe adding a comment/rating section to the DB might help this.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Wombat wrote:did u know u can delete widgets ?
... from ur pc ?

u suxx, u didnt give any logic and decent argument that sea suxx...

also saying 'sea suxx' isnt good reason to change anything in mod
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Wombat wrote:
... from ur pc ?

Nice argue with yourself.

I made a post a short while ago in this or some other thread stating all the points. Go find it and there's my justification.
ChaosMonkey

Post by ChaosMonkey »

i think sea sux cos there isnt many boats to chose from and it sux to micro boats and there is just something about it that is just so incredibly boring and repetetive it seems like only newbs go sea because all the good ppl are fux bored of it. there are more reasons but i cba to turn my brain on.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Honestly, you know what I think would really improve the BA sea game?

Take out the subs (and make the depth-charges only able to shoot underwater buildings and amphibs, instead of floating targets). Buff the cannons/nerf the DCs on the Destroyer and Cruiser and switch some DC weapons into torps (and vice versa) where appropriate.

The BA sea game is a headache of RPS. You've got to deal with air, surface, hover, and underwater threats separately, maintain both sonar and radar coverage... and that's without getting into shelling and nuking from the shore. The reason the BA sea game sucks is that it's just too complicated to balance. So just rip out some of the complexity. Go back to big boats shelling the crap out of each other.

edit: obviously, I'm just spitballing. Don't do this.
Last edited by Pxtl on 23 Jul 2009, 17:05, edited 2 times in total.
mildarf

Post by mildarf »

Good job.
Waiting for BA7 ;)
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

JAZCASH wrote:
Wombat wrote:
... from ur pc ?

Nice argue with yourself.

I made a post a short while ago in this or some other thread stating all the points. Go find it and there's my justification.
i saw this another post and my comment would be same...

removing subs is even worse idea... like very
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

IMO, the "sea sucks" comments are more related to the small number of unit choices; on land, you can end up with 3-lab battles right off the bat (bots, vechs, air) but in the sea you only really ever see boats because the scouts are so cheap and tear t1 air apart.

not sure how this can be "fixed" easily, maybe by giving another boat to the t1 shipyard that would fill the "flash" role (making scoutboats more into the role of jeffies and those laser boats into stumpies)

possibly lowering the buildcost of the hovercraft lab might work also, if someone was able to start producing them very early in the game to break up the sea battles.

anyways thanks for the prompt exploit fix!
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

TheFatController wrote:Another possible way to reduce t2 bomber rush would be to make t1 bombers more worthwhile, if they hit a larger area with a bit less damage maybe they'd be more useful for weakening porc to assist your veh allies.
I agree with you. I'd like to see bombers be a bit less of a one-shot sniper rifle. An interesting experiment would be to:
  • Lower damage, but reduce reload time
  • Decrease accuracy, but increase area of effect
  • Increase hit points, but lower their overall destructive power
If you did this enough bombers wouldn't feel so different and weird compared with other units, which is one reason why they're frustrating. As it is you either kill the bombers on time or you don't - you rarely see an actual air battle.

The downside is that you'd have to change most of these things at the same time to get a different role for the bomber, so it presents some risk of getting it wrong.
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

KaiserJ wrote:IMO, the "sea sucks" comments are more related to the small number of unit choices; on land, you can end up with 3-lab battles right off the bat (bots, vechs, air) but in the sea you only really ever see boats because the scouts are so cheap and tear t1 air apart.

not sure how this can be "fixed" easily, maybe by giving another boat to the t1 shipyard that would fill the "flash" role (making scoutboats more into the role of jeffies and those laser boats into stumpies)

possibly lowering the buildcost of the hovercraft lab might work also, if someone was able to start producing them very early in the game to break up the sea battles.

anyways thanks for the prompt exploit fix!
It's also because every single ship is really expensive compared with their land equivalents, so you end up with much smaller battles prone to frustration when you can't move away from the torpedo launcher in time.

This costliness seems silly, especially at t1 when their ability to affect land units isn't very great.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”