Balanced Annihilation V6.92 - Page 2

Balanced Annihilation V6.92

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Re: Balanced Annihilation V6.92

Post by TheFatController »

Cause they never have been
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

There's a minor bug with coop - if you're in one and you have teammates who aren't, you don't see their start points on the minimap (but you do see them on the real map)
bartvbl

Post by bartvbl »

I have no clue whether this is a bug or not, but the wreckage of a weasel does not seem to have collision detection (see attached screen)
Where collision detection is that units avoid the wreckage instead of driving over them.
I dont know if this is implemented on purpose, but I thought Id let you guys know just in case :)
Attachments
screen047.jpg
(306.66 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

bug - with immobilebuilder widget active, some nanos will seemingly randomly stop functioning. i look at their orders and they are patrolling. new nanos built will function properly, but i have to give the broken nanos a guard order or they sit doing nothing.

i use immobilebuilder + smartnanos

also, smart area reclaim has some crippling problems and IMO shouldn't be enabled by default (namely, crashing my client out when i try and give a huge reclaim order at the end of porcy games where there are 1000 corpses). a couple more annoyances with it - it always queues up at the end of any current orders regardless of holding shift, and it also rarely reclaims nearest things first.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

hunterw wrote:bug - with immobilebuilder widget active, some nanos will seemingly randomly stop functioning. i look at their orders and they are patrolling. new nanos built will function properly, but i have to give the broken nanos a guard order or they sit doing nothing.

i use immobilebuilder + smartnanos

also, smart area reclaim has some crippling problems and IMO shouldn't be enabled by default (namely, crashing my client out when i try and give a huge reclaim order at the end of porcy games where there are 1000 corpses). a couple more annoyances with it - it always queues up at the end of any current orders regardless of holding shift, and it also rarely reclaims nearest things first.
+2

I also use Immobilebuilder & Smartnanos, I think the probably might be partially because the widgets don't set the nanos on repeat maybe?

And yeah, Aegis' Smart Area Reclaim widget is fail, I've tried it a few times thinking it was a one off fail, but nope, continuous fail.
TheFatController

I'm pretty certain nothing was changed that would affect nano turrets other than Immobilebuilders being disabled by default so the mod config would turn it off once.

Are they not helping building or is it reclaim/repair? Anything that would recreate it would be ideal or even a replay
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

TheFatController wrote:
Beherith wrote:Regrets sh*tUI totally screws up all of my widget settings. It disables most of my previous ones, while enabling the ones I had disabled before.
Do not want. 5.91 did not do this.
This has nothing to do with lolui, BA now saves its own widget config - all widget settings will be reset on the first load
Woot.
It didnt seem like a reset, unless it just read the enabled by default tags in the widgets.
Also, wouldnt it have been just a teensy bit smarter to just copy over the settings on the first load instead of reset?
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

TheFatController wrote:I'm pretty certain nothing was changed that would affect nano turrets other than Immobilebuilders being disabled by default so the mod config would turn it off once.

Are they not helping building or is it reclaim/repair? Anything that would recreate it would be ideal or even a replay
Here ya go

http://www.yousendit.com/download/dVlwK ... cFhIRGc9PQ

replays.adune.nl doesn't let me upload this for some reason. My nanos break at exactly 10:41 - weird!
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

http://replays.adune.nl/?1236

is this new? fighters on patrol + fire at will + hold position don't chase stuff. i usually ctrl-a and set everything to hold pos every game but never had this happen before.
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

I was having gunships just land and refuse to patrol from orders given directly off of the factory on a game earlier. Related bug?
TheFatController

hunterw wrote:
TheFatController wrote:I'm pretty certain nothing was changed that would affect nano turrets other than Immobilebuilders being disabled by default so the mod config would turn it off once.

Here ya go

http://www.yousendit.com/download/dVlwK ... cFhIRGc9PQ

replays.adune.nl doesn't let me upload this for some reason. My nanos break at exactly 10:41 - weird!
around 10:40 is when they get changed from 'Roam' to 'Hold Pos' which is why they break, not related to this update.
hunterw wrote:http://replays.adune.nl/?1236

is this new? fighters on patrol + fire at will + hold position don't chase stuff. i usually ctrl-a and set everything to hold pos every game but never had this happen before.
This always happens :| hold pos = don't chase anything
TheFatController

el_matarife wrote:I was having gunships just land and refuse to patrol from orders given directly off of the factory on a game earlier. Related bug?
There IS currently a small bug with air plants, I believe if you use the plant landat and repairat buttons their orderqueue gets cleared sometimes and you need to reset it, I can fix this but it's not new in 6.92.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

I have implemented the "shareId" preference in Spads (with "!coop" alias to set it) to ease coop mode management on AutoHosts. I'm testing it on Spads3. Maybe it still needs some fixes, tell me if you encounter any problem.
dizekat

Post by dizekat »

Its official: the BA updates are no longer updating the mod when necessary, but rather the widgets included in it.
Fail.
TheFatController

dizekat wrote:Its official: the BA updates are no longer updating the mod when necessary, but rather the widgets included in it.
Fail.
Widget changes took up more space on the changelog therefore they were the only changes! :roll:
dizekat

Post by dizekat »

TheFatController wrote:
dizekat wrote:Its official: the BA updates are no longer updating the mod when necessary, but rather the widgets included in it.
Fail.
Widget changes took up more space on the changelog therefore they were the only changes! :roll:
I didn't say them were the only changes. There was two balance changes, one revert, other extremely minor.
(That's not to say you should add random balance changes next time mod has to be updated because of all widgets in it. I hope you wont. )
TheFatController

Well the main reason for this update was flopflop messaging me nightly saying the thud change broke 1v1 gameplay.

Also the newer LolUI in CA was breaking the older one in BA.
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

yeah i dont like it too that there are so many stuff included in it..kinda bloat.

There should just be an option in spring downloader:

Download BA widgets pack

and that would just dl all the wigets BA maintainer feels are good.
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

the point of widgets included is having a even playing field, right? i don't see a problem even when there won't be any direct gameplay changes, only widget updates. start getting used to the fact that mods care about their UI.
Gertkane

Post by Gertkane »

TheFatController wrote:Well the main reason for this update was flopflop messaging me nightly saying the thud change broke 1v1 gameplay.

Also the newer LolUI in CA was breaking the older one in BA.
Sorry but after inquiring from a bunch of regular 1v1-ers there was little to no consesus about thuds and hammers being op. Most people just said it took time to get used to them being actually used, as they brought in a whole bunch of new tactics.

Could it be that flop just couldnt handle change?

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”