hammer/thud change revert? - Page 4

hammer/thud change revert?

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

YokoZar

Re: hammer/thud change revert?

Post by YokoZar »

TheFatController wrote:Next version i'll revert the weapon changes (reset damage and reload back to old values and remove predictboost).

The opening script change (mostly affected hammer) and mass increase (slightly higher impulse resistance) will remain in place for now.
Didn't the opening script change come way before the slight DPS boost?
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

YokoZar wrote:Didn't the opening script change come way before the slight DPS boost?
Yeah I don't see what that has to do with anything though i'm leaving it in place
Gertkane

Post by Gertkane »

Before the changes, thuds were a waste of metal when compared to rockos and their vehicle equivalents. Since core didnt have any better frontline tier 1 bots, it was usually more effective to just tech.

While their accuracy did make them a bit too easy to manage when compared to rockos, they were at least cost-effective.

I admit loving sending them onto the front and letting them work on patrol, i also found it easy to take out enemy hordes of them by just mixing aks/weasels with my main forces.

If the man in charge of BA thinks thuds/hammers really should be niche bots not frontline fighters, could core actually get a frontline fighter kbot perhaps similar in principle to the warrior ARM has?
pintle

Post by pintle »

I dont see why a bit of an increase to BT and E cost is not a valid option.

Stops them being so early game spammable, but keeps them as a viable option beyond lolstormspam

But meh, relegate them to borderline useless untis and keep the kbot lab as a joke lab you only use when veh are not viable, I'm sure that will make for a more engaging and dynamic game :)
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

Personally I was happy with the change, but I have had feedback (both here and in discussions in the lobby) from respectable players that this had upset the 1v1 balance and I will respect the judgment of people with more experience of the finer points of t1 balance than me. As the change was rather small anyway this is not a game breaking issue to me.
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

TheFatController wrote:Personally I was happy with the change, but I have had feedback (both here and in discussions in the lobby) from respectable players that this had upset the 1v1 balance and I will respect the judgment of people with more experience of the finer points of t1 balance than me. As the change was rather small anyway this is not a game breaking issue to me.
Good call, although they do not mess team games. I duno about 1v1 atm.. its better to listen to the good 1v1ers.
pintle

Post by pintle »

TheFatController wrote:Personally I was happy with the change, but I have had feedback (both here and in discussions in the lobby) from respectable players that this had upset the 1v1 balance and I will respect the judgment of people with more experience of the finer points of t1 balance than me. As the change was rather small anyway this is not a game breaking issue to me.
Flop was ok with the idea of E cost + bt increase when I asked him. I would be interested in the opinions of ShoX, Trit, Llama, Wisse, and anyone else who is any good 1v1 on that.
Wisse

Post by Wisse »

TheFatController wrote:Next version i'll revert the weapon changes (reset damage and reload back to old values and remove predictboost).

The opening script change (mostly affected hammer) and mass increase (slightly higher impulse resistance) will remain in place for now.
I voted for this already. Opening script has to stay. Plasma bots had their role before. Rocket bots need more micro which should be rewarding.

Bots were never good at killing def but that wasn't much of a problem on bot maps. They're just a tad too easy to play now, with this plasma buff.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

lol

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”