Spring Guides

Spring Guides

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Jazcash

Spring Guides

Post by Jazcash »

Few of you seen this already: http://springinfo.info/jazcash/
I'm still looking for writers so if you want to write some guides or even just one guide, PM me here or in the lobby.

You can also join #guides for extra information and to discuss future or current guides.

Update: The site was originally for BA only but due to a few recent requests, I've opened it up to XTA and CA too. However I don't know much about them so I'm looking for XTA and CA writers especially.

Could a Mod move this topic out of this BA sub forum and just into one of the general Games & Mods forums.

Update2: I've got 2 XTA writers now so I really need some CA players to write some guides up for CA. If nobody's interested I can remove the CA section and shove it back up when there is interest in CA :P
Last edited by Jazcash on 20 Apr 2009, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
Jazcash

Re: Spring Guides

Post by Jazcash »

Tutorials are starting to get pumped out pretty fast now what with a few other writers helping. First post was updated but updates edits don't bump topics so consider this a bump to read the update?
kburts

Post by kburts »

haha, cool... i didn't know the thing about spacing things out with z and x
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Oh damn, I forked up the guides.springinfo.info redirect! Why didn't anyone tell me?

Fork... I'll fix it, sorry jaz.

edit: aaaand fixed, should start working in about 5-10 minutes or so.
Jish

Post by Jish »

kburts wrote:haha, cool... i didn't know the thing about spacing things out with z and x
yeah but did u read the whole load of text and did it help u or was it just the title that helped u cos thats what i keep saying. there is no need for all that writing when title says "use x,c to space" then u already know, ppl just use common sence to know to do it with things that explode.
lurker

Post by lurker »

It's worth mentioning it with explosive units explicitly, to make sure they've thought of it.
kburts

Post by kburts »

Jish wrote:
kburts wrote:haha, cool... i didn't know the thing about spacing things out with z and x
yeah but did u read the whole load of text and did it help u or was it just the title that helped u cos thats what i keep saying. there is no need for all that writing when title says "use x,c to space" then u already know, ppl just use common sence to know to do it with things that explode.
yes... i did in fact, i read about the metal makers and all of that buisness and with the fusions around the map...

i have done yet more looking and everything seems quite nice...

BUT, i do have a question, in OTA sometimes the blades of the wind generators would fly off and hurt stuff, can they still do that?
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

kburts wrote:BUT, i do have a question, in OTA sometimes the blades of the wind generators would fly off and hurt stuff, can they still do that?
Yes they can, and this is a major reason why wind generators will explode in large groups if you put them right next to eachother. Use the z and x keys while dragging with shift to space them.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

The CA site has several guides.

Wouldnt hurt to port them over i guess, and ive been meaning to write new ones. The problem is, nobody ever reads guides, manuals or tutorials, and they need to be extensively linked to be of any kind of use to anyone.

Where is this site linked from? It will be sort of useless if you have to go to the forum and look in this thread to find it.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”