Balanced Annihilation V6.91 - Page 3

Balanced Annihilation V6.91

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

YHCIR

Re: Balanced Annihilation V6.91

Post by YHCIR »

Just a thought, but for next BA could you make a widget that will pop up on first run and allow users to select which UI they want?

So it would appear with two screen shots and two buttons and a small bit of text asking them to select old UI or new UI.

Tbh, it would be great if someone could make a better ingame widget manager, something more than just a basic list of widgets would be quite useful, more like SD widget manager, but ingame.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Good idea with that UI selection thing, would be good.

Also the widget list could be grouped too, would make it more usable. For example there could be UI group etc.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

TradeMark wrote:Good idea with that UI selection thing, would be good.

Also the widget list could be grouped too, would make it more usable. For example there could be UI group etc.
Already exists, check Ice UI.

God damn you fucking people and crying for features that already exist.
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

I can't explain why, maybe because I'm running an old Satirik fork of IceUI, but disabling LolUI breaks IceUI. If I manually restart IceUI, LolUI restarts and slaps its UI features on top.
Here's the relevant Infolog.txt lines:
[ 0] Removed: LuaUI/Widgets/lolui.lua
[ 0] Sorting roster by Allies
[ 0] false
[ 0] Error in DrawScreen(): [string "-------------------------------------------..."]:603: gl.DrawMiniMap() can only be used if the minimap is in slave mode
[ 0] Removed widget: IceUI
[ 0] Loading: LuaUI/Widgets/lolui.lua
[ 0] Loading: C:\Program Files\Spring\LuaUI\Widgets\gui_IceUI.lua

All the UI mods really should be removed from BA. I want my UI the way I downloaded and setup the mods for it, not the way you think it should be. LolUI, Advanced Player List, Old BA layout, all conflict with the other UI mods like IceUI and force you to spend time turning them off and getting your config "just right" again.

Edit:

After multiple restarts I have IceUI mostly working again, except I've still got the ugly old TA style buildbox. Seriously Fats, I don't come to your house and break your Spring install and I really expect the same courtesy in reverse.
Regret

Post by Regret »

el_matarife wrote:I AM TOO DUMB TO THINK LOLZ STUPID MODDER
After updating to new BA:
1) press F11
2) disable LolUI
3) type /luaui reload
el_matarife wrote:Seriously Fats, I don't come to your house and break your Spring install and I really expect the same courtesy in reverse.
Quit whining you brainless dipshit. BA is not your property, if anything got screwed up for you because of BA, it will occur only in BA.
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

I don't know why you think I'm an invalid, but that's the first thing I tried and as you can see from the INFOLOG I POSTED it DIDN'T WORK. LolUI BREAKS IceUI with Satirik's fork because it depends on the old minimap and the default BA configure which YOUR UI MOD REMOVES. Reading is fun, you should try it.

I am trying not to be a jerk about this but I really don't appreciate a bunch of "LOL LEARN TO READ NUB" comments when its really you're the ones who aren't listening to me.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

el_matarife wrote:I can't explain why, maybe because I'm running an old Satirik fork of IceUI, but disabling LolUI breaks IceUI. If I manually restart IceUI, LolUI restarts and slaps its UI features on top.
Here's the relevant Infolog.txt lines:
[ 0] Removed: LuaUI/Widgets/lolui.lua
[ 0] Sorting roster by Allies
[ 0] false
[ 0] Error in DrawScreen(): [string "-------------------------------------------..."]:603: gl.DrawMiniMap() can only be used if the minimap is in slave mode
[ 0] Removed widget: IceUI
[ 0] Loading: LuaUI/Widgets/lolui.lua
[ 0] Loading: C:\Program Files\Spring\LuaUI\Widgets\gui_IceUI.lua

All the UI mods really should be removed from BA. I want my UI the way I downloaded and setup the mods for it, not the way you think it should be. LolUI, Advanced Player List, Old BA layout, all conflict with the other UI mods like IceUI and force you to spend time turning them off and getting your config "just right" again.

Edit:

After multiple restarts I have IceUI mostly working again, except I've still got the ugly old TA style buildbox. Seriously Fats, I don't come to your house and break your Spring install and I really expect the same courtesy in reverse.
@ You learn2pc. Regret's right.

This is my view on the situation anyways:

Old GUI < Lol UI < Ice UI

If Ice UI wasn't around, I'd certainly be using Lol UI, it's much cleaner and provides many more features than the default, however, Ice UI does more and looks even nicer than Lol UI.

For all you idiots disabling every new UI that is even installed for you, please stop whining about features that already exist in these new UI's. Also, Adv Players List is much better than the old players list as well.

In recent GUI's, new = better.

FlashUpdate: Ice UI is working fine on the new BA.
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

JAZCASH wrote:FlashUpdate: Ice UI is working fine on the new BA.
Are you using the Satirik IceUI fork or not? Here's the different troubleshooting attempts I've made so far.

1. Disabling LolUI enabling IceUI- This would start LolUI and IceUI stacked on top of each other.

2. Disabling LolUI, Disabling IceUI, restarting Spring, enabling IceUI - This gets IceUI to start without LolUI, but my build bar doesn't work. This is basically where I am at so far.

3. Enabling Old BALayout, /luaui reload
4. Disabling IceUI, enabling OldBaLayout, /luaui reload, enabling IceUI, /luaui reload
5. Disabling IceUI, enabling OldBaLayout, restarting Spring, enabling IceUI
6. nuking IceUI's Current.lua config file and resetting to defaults
7. replacing IceUI's current layout with http://springrts.com/phpbb/download/file.php?id=918
8. replacing the "Console" section of IceUI's current.lua with a section from a completely fresh download of IceUI

Neither of these have worked, I'm still without an IceUI build bar. Apparently IceUI depends on the BA config and mine must have gotten completely wrecked by LolUI or the enabling / disabling of OldBALayout.

FatController was able to replicate my issue when he installed the Satirk fork of IceUI from http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 21#p314621 so I'm clearly not making things up or unable to read like Regret claims.

By the way Reget is by far the most unpleasant person I've ever had to deal with in the Spring community. He makes Satirik and Emmanuel look like cute fuzzy kittens in comparison. He would do us all a great favor if he submitted to months of intense psychotherapy and medication for his clearly untreated and diagnosed case of anti-social personality disorder.
Last edited by el_matarife on 19 Apr 2009, 02:58, edited 1 time in total.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

SPRING DRAMA!

Okay folks, drop the personal insults and talk only about the business...

We dont care who was right... just that we are here to help you.
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

TradeMark wrote:We dont care who was right... just that we are here to help you.
Obviously not, Regret is WAY more concerned with claiming LolUI can't cause any problems for anyone anywhere ever and that if there's any problems it is because anyone having problems is an idiot who can't read.
I'd love to be civil but I'm not going to just sit here and let some immature idiot run his mouth making baseless accusations against me and claim his work is flawless when it clearly isn't.
Regret

Post by Regret »

I am in no way responsible how others choose to use my UI, or what other widgets other users choose to use in their mods.

I made no claim it is flawless, I merely stated that you're a dumbass.
bashar

Post by bashar »

el_matarife wrote: Obviously not, Regret is WAY more concerned with claiming LolUI can't cause any problems for anyone anywhere ever
"It's not a problem, it's a feature"

Regret maybe is learning about dev and will soon learn wat side-effect means. Give him time.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

in other news, reduce ak/pw e-costs+Bt already
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Increase Thud costs plz.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

JAZCASH wrote:Increase Thud costs plz.
I agree, they rule especially in 1v1 way too much, and even more if the 1v1 map has reclaimable metal.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Why cant you build thuds too? Stumpies arent meant to be the best unit in every game... sometimes thuds are just better... stop whining.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Thuds are cheap cheap cheap.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Does both sides going mass thud sound like good gameplay? And it's not really comparable to stumpy, stumpies aren't spammed as early in the game. Small e cost and buildtime means you get to spam them very soon.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

haha i recall thuds being useless a while ago.

i would say let things simmer a bit, then if shit is still wack in a few weeks / months, change balance. No need to jiggle the units around all the time cause people whine. people tend to whine no matter what.
smoth

Post by smoth »

why isn't this thread in the ba section?

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”