[old] Balanced Annihilation V6.84 - Page 2

[old] Balanced Annihilation V6.84

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

YokoZar

Re: Balanced Annihilation V6.83

Post by YokoZar »

Ok I just saw a serious exploit in the game I was playing - manticores can forcefully target ground, and slaughter most ground units from a very long distance. I imagine a similar thing happens with all the AA kbots. From the way the guy was playing it looked like he might have even had a widget doing it for him automatically.

best solution I can think of is to make the manticore missile do 0 damage to anything that isn't a plane.
Gota

Post by Gota »

What was the guy's nickname?
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

Gota wrote:What was the guy's nickname?
[PYB]Niobium

Even claimed "it's not an exploit anyone can do it"
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

Crazy - not only can you do this but you've always been able to do it (my oldest BA version is 6.41 where it works).

Looks like an 'emergency patch' is in order.
TheFatController

Re: Balanced Annihilation V6.84

It's done.
Niobium

Post by Niobium »

Aw, ruining my fun :(
TheFatController

Niobium wrote:Aw, ruining my fun :(
You can be the ambassador of getting people to update to 6.84 :P
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

Fat, maybe edit link in fisrt post ;)
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

TheFatController wrote:It's done.
Thank you! Also for including allied resource bars, that's very nice to have.
Niobium

Post by Niobium »

Rather big bug: Core cannot build T2 kbot mobile jammers... (/give corspec does not work either, and modit lists core T2 lab as building it)
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

Lol - this might be the same problem I had with the Spectre in MA. Just changing some values in the FBI made it not appear ingame. I had to rename pretty much everything and re-include it. I still don't know where the problem actually was...
TheFatController

Hmm maybe the character encoding on the foreign descriptions or something, i'll look into it.
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

Bug: Bladewings on patrol/fight try to attack air units (which they can't).
KWZ86[DH]

Post by KWZ86[DH] »

Hello

I started playing spring not long ago, but I found something strange and not consistent for me. Yesterday while we were battling od DeltaSiegeDry me and the other in my time player specialized on building lots of berthas, doomsdays machines, AA, fighters etc, while other players, where pressing on them.
But to the meritum we buid a few plasma cannons and started to bomb his positions, meanwhile he build a plasma deflector. And OUR shots where deflected by HIS shield, on OUR positions, and OUR shield was NOT deflecing them so we were bombing OUR OWN positions, not very funny :P . And dont think that kind of thing should occur.
Also i spotted that if a plasma shot is flying low, shield dont deflect it at all, So if you have your shield on a hill and someone is shotting at you from lover position so then he can shoot at almost 1/3 of shield radius, it is a way too far. Even if someone is firing from a hire position, he can hit his berta and similar weapons at the near of end of deflectors protective field his shots will still go through and hit objects behind the shield, i am not spoking here about a case that berhat or intimidator hits the ground near end of shield and objects behind it get damage, but projectiles in fact bypass shield.
Maybe a small modification to the working of that shield would be appreciate ;) I would suggest that maybe that shield would give a bigger kick to enemy projectiles?? Or maybe a small change to working of that shield that it would rather absorb a hit rather than it deflect?
Or if protective field have smaller radius, than this green field i would suggest changing the shield radius, to the "shown" radius by the green field. or changing the green field to the real shield radius, because its brings in much misinformation, and its very confusing.

In every case i described shield was fully or almost fully charged.
Sorry for my English, but it is not my native language ;)
I hope i made my self clear enough to understand :).
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

KWZ86[DH] wrote:But to the meritum we buid a few plasma cannons and started to bomb his positions, meanwhile he build a plasma deflector. And OUR shots where deflected by HIS shield, on OUR positions, and OUR shield was NOT deflecing them so we were bombing OUR OWN positions, not very funny :P . And dont think that kind of thing should occur.
The shields don't block friendly projectiles. That they were lobbed back at you doesn't matter. Be thankful, otherwise they'd mess with your own LRPC shots when you try to shoot at anything.
KWZ86[DH]

Post by KWZ86[DH] »

KDR_11k wrote:
KWZ86[DH] wrote:But to the meritum we buid a few plasma cannons and started to bomb his positions, meanwhile he build a plasma deflector. And OUR shots where deflected by HIS shield, on OUR positions, and OUR shield was NOT deflecing them so we were bombing OUR OWN positions, not very funny :P . And dont think that kind of thing should occur.
The shields don't block friendly projectiles. That they were lobbed back at you doesn't matter. Be thankful, otherwise they'd mess with your own LRPC shots when you try to shoot at anything.
yeah, but it still isnt right ;)
maybe a small change of working of that shield would be worth considering? That deflected projectiles are no longer "friendly"?
TheFatController

KWZ86[DH] wrote:
KDR_11k wrote:
yeah, but it still isnt right ;)
maybe a small change of working of that shield would be worth considering? That deflected projectiles are no longer "friendly"?
afaik that would need to be done with an engine patch
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

Klopper wrote:Bug: Bladewings on patrol/fight try to attack air units (which they can't).
Flak vehicles chase ground vehicles they can't fire at.
slogic
AI Developer

Post by slogic »

Looking at http://pastebin.com/m2482e959 you have an error in gadget area:

Code: Select all

[      0] Lua LoadCode pcall error = 2, LuaRules/main.lua, error = 2, LuaRules/gadgets.lua, [string "LuaRules/main.lua"]:26: attempt to index global 'arg' (a nil value)
thesleepless

Post by thesleepless »

likewise with jethros chasing land targets

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”