[old] Balanced Annihilation V6.84

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

Changelog wrote:6.83 --> 6.84

- Exploit Fix: AA Kbots (and many other AA units that used 'BOGUS_MISSILE' for targeting) can no longer manually attack ground.
- Added Trademark's wreckage renames (eg. wrecks will now be called 'Vehicle Plant Wreckage' rather than 'Wreckage').
- Cleaned up the feature file of bad object references so spring doesn't crash when you perform certain operations on FeatureDefs from lua.
- Added my Ally Resourcebars Widget (disabled by default).
Changelog wrote: 6.81 --> 6.83

- Missile Delay Gadget now works based on % max weapon reload (in 10% steps).
- Fixed No Owner Mode displaying messages for teams that died naturally.
- Added No metal extraction mod option (to allow you to play greenfields on any map without disabling mex's).
- Added some new reclaim GFX for wrecks.
- Added Google Frog's prevent lab hax gadget (stops unattackable enemy units getting inside your labs).
- Stability tweak to Mex Upgrader gadget to fix a random crash that ruined a game I was in (please report stuff like this with infolog.txt).

- Pointtracker widget modified to only show the arrows on the screen edge and minimap markers (if you like the old functionality download the original widget).
- Center n' Select widget simplified, now also marks your startpoint for you before gamestart on Random/Fixed modes and removes your startpoint at gamestart.
- Start Point Remover widget removed.

- Added missing mex select sound.
- Added Collidefriendly=0 and Avoidfriendly=0 to Nukes and Antinukes to fix failure to fire sometimes.

- Screamer/Mercury removed from ANTIBOMBER armourclass, HP raised 25%.
- Chainsaw/Eradicator Missile Delay option added.
- Chainsaw/Eradicator Bomb Resistance, AOE, Range, Acceleration and Edgeeffectiveness all slightly improved.
- Arm Eradicator damage and reload time descreased (raised ROF, same DPS).
- Defender/Pulverizer flighttime decreased slightly (1.7->1.5).

- Core Shadow build costs adjusted (buildtime (9942->7220), metal (131->154), energy (5691->4837)).
- Arm Thunder build costs adjusted (buildtime (9517->6825), metal (130->153), energy (4496->4271)).
- Core Shadow HP raised very slightly (600->615).
- Core Bladewing nochasecategory and badtargetcategory set to Commanders (since they can't paralyze them).

- Arm Beaver & Core Muskrat velocity & turnrate decreased, energycost and buildtime increased.

- Zipper overall build costs increased a bit (buildtime (3168->3960), energy (3506->4382), metal (161->177)).
- Pyro weapon velocity increased (175->265).

- Arm and Core Shield transparency increased.
NOIZE is lacking free time over the coming weeks so has given me permission to release this, this version was completed around a month ago (aside from a few polishing touches) so don't feel that the recent feedback in the last thread (re: Kbots etc.) has been ignored yet.

DOWNLOAD

Have fun
Last edited by TheFatController on 13 Mar 2009, 16:19, edited 2 times in total.
YokoZar

Re: Balanced Annihilation V6.83

Post by YokoZar »

Last thread feedback summary: Thuds, hammers, and underwater metal extractors suck.

Thank you for this! Also, whomever is putting out fake BA releases really should stop, it's rude and might lead to the spring developers having to do a whole bunch of annoying work with mod signatures and the like.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

btw how are these "balance" figures for costs calculated

random number generator ?
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

YokoZar wrote:Last thread feedback summary: Thuds, hammers, and underwater metal extractors suck.

Thank you for this! Also, whomever is putting out fake BA releases really should stop, it's rude and might lead to the spring developers having to do a whole bunch of annoying work with mod signatures and the like.
Who is still putting out fake releases???
adin_panther

Post by adin_panther »

THANKS for the Zipper nerf. Even if it may not be enough i really like seeing them getting cut down a bit, they were waaaaaaaaay op.
TheFatController

Otherside wrote:btw how are these "balance" figures for costs calculated

random number generator ?
It's all mainly percentage increases on the existing numbers, moving everything to 4500 etc seems too arbitrary :P
pintle

Post by pintle »

No ak chain explode fix?
Or thuds/hammers?
Or kbot con vs veh con?
Or ridiculous kbot e costs?

Oh I forget, Sleksa totally logically refuted those points...

Nerf on amphib cons is a start I suppose :)
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Nice to see the chainsaw/erad and L1 bombers get some loving - those are two units I never, ever, ever see good players use. Still sad to see no loving for the L1 kbots that aren't rockos - not even chain-exploding removed from the raider/scouts, which imho is the biggest flaw.
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

seems nice release, glad to see T1 bombers improved.

Thefat said kbots will be looked at next release and i beleive he can be trusted.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

I fale at reeding.
pintle

Post by pintle »

Pxtl wrote:I fale at reeding.

seems i do too ^^
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Good changes. I like.
The zipper nerf was very much needed, but I would love it if they chained :)
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

- Core Bladewing nochasecategory and badtargetcategory set to Commanders (since they can't paralyze them).
Plz revert this...Bladewings CAN paralyze coms, you just need tons of them (like 60 or so iirc)...it is a very risky and crazy, but fun strategy :(
- Arm Eradicator damage and reload time descreased (raised ROF, same DPS).
Why only the Arm version? :|

Generally good stuff, gj 8)
TheFatController

nochasecategory and badtargetcategory does not stop them from attacking the unit, it just means that if they're on patrol they wont automatically attack a commander if there are better targets.

If you select your bladewings and tell them to attack a commander this will still work (which you would be doing had you made 60 of them with the intention of doing this)
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Hurrah for Zipper nerf and Thunder buff!
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

TheFatController wrote:nochasecategory and badtargetcategory does not stop them from attacking the unit, it just means that if they're on patrol they wont automatically attack a commander if there are better targets.

If you select your bladewings and tell them to attack a commander this will still work (which you would be doing had you made 60 of them with the intention of doing this)
Ah, nice stuff then...i thought the badtargetcategory thing would forbid attacking coms with bladewings :wink:
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

TheFatController wrote:nochasecategory and badtargetcategory does not stop them from attacking the unit, it just means that if they're on patrol they wont automatically attack a commander if there are better targets.
You should add the same thing to the Arm spider, and it should also list the other EMP immune T3 units.
BeefofAges

Post by BeefofAges »

You're not going to do this because it seems too drastic, but this seems to me to be the only way to make kbots competitive with vehicles while still keeping the kbot "feel" - slower units with quirky abilities:

Reduce t1 and t2 kbot unit costs by 25% across the board.

My experience after hundreds of hours of gameplay is that if you have two skilled opponents playing head to head and one is kbots and the other is vehicles, the vehicles player will win easily every time. Vehicles just slaughter kbots on 99% of maps. On the other 1% of maps, vehicles don't work at all, making kbot vs vehicle balance meaningless.

If you try to balance kbots vs vehicles by improving kbot speed or firepower, the distinction between kbots and vehicles will disappear. This is why I recommend making kbots drastically cheaper - they'll still retain their playstyle, but they'll be more competitive.
Spiking

Post by Spiking »

+1 really but i'd say 15-20%, and avoid the few kbots that are currently good, sniper zipper zeus morty
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Not that I think that an across-the-board cut to Kbot cost is ever going to happen, but afaik BA doesn't hard-code unit mass, so cutting kbot costs would actually make them more vulnerable to chain-collisions, riot-weaponry, and similar concussion effects.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”