[old] Balanced Annihilation V6.81 - Page 24

[old] Balanced Annihilation V6.81

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Gota

Re: Balanced Annihilation V6.81

Post by Gota »

Eh...DSD top has an artificial kbot buff.
It gives kbots 110% movement speed.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

That's our sleksa :D
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

That's the point. Every response you have is "this is the unit you use in this environment".
There's a reason why you dont see valkyries in every game of starcraft, maybe they should give it a 20 dmg groundlaser too to justify the immense gas cost? Or maybe its because they are a unit that's only needed in certain scenarios?

Every unit in the game has a use in a certain enviroiment, flash in open grounds, bulldogs mid-late game and t2 bombers as game-enders. They fill a certain role. Leveler is one of them just like other units, and their job is to make a impenetrable wall.

And even with radar, a leveller will easily be outmaneuvered in a micro situation ... Spread the flashes out and get into point-blank range. Hide a spotter behind wrecks and let an a ranged unit pound it into oblivion.
This is some hilarious stuff. so youre saying that the counter to levelers is 1)hiding a spotter(?) behind wrecks(what wrecks?) and 2)letting a ranged unit pound it into oblivion(what ranged unit?)

i must say i like your fantasy style setup, but you should also add designated tank, healer and dps into your party to take this boss down ='D
The leveller has _one_ job in your mind
Ie stopping waves of flashes/peewees, which are made in every game?
and even then it has weaknesses that let it be outmaneuvered at that one job.
Obviously you have failed if your wall of levelers is being attacked by 2000 stumpies from every direction, but then its not the leveler's fault you lost the game.
Doesn't that bother you?
What should bother me? that they do well in preventing flash raids?
Would it ruin the leveller to have muzzle velocity similar to the Stumpy?
i guess this is something the people said when they proposed some jeffy/wezel changes in AA...
Gota

Post by Gota »

by the way,iv never seen Andy or day use merls for example..also dont remember them using anything out of the ordinary when playing one vs the other..
There were always only a few "main/sure" units in BA and the rest were for when you get bored.

Starcraft is built in a slightly different fashion..
Each tier contains only a few units.
so u get basic troops and than u need to upgrade and build more labs or different buildings to get more advanced troops..
IN BA u start with a lab in which you have around 6-7 units...so if u wanna compare it to starcraft shouldnt those 6 units share about the same game time?

and for what reason are hammers and thuds better on BB than rockos?
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

Gota wrote: and for what reason are hammers and thuds better on BB than rockos?
They have more hp and shoot over wrecks, and they also dont kill eachother as much as rocks/storms do
Gota

Post by Gota »

well,im no andy but i disagree about plasma bots being better than rocket bots on BB..
smoth

Post by smoth »

FIGHT FIGHT!
Llamadeus

Post by Llamadeus »

Sleksa has some pretty good points!! Rather than asking for units to be changed according to perceived notions of balance, try learning the game and altering your own strategic approach to fit the unit balance as it exists. Or keep insisting that kbots should be viable on Comet Catcher, whatever.

Also, Comet Catcher, despite being one of the maps with the least unit variety (most of the time it's not even worth switching from Instigators to Raiders), is one of the most strategically interesting maps.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

in speedball you use pretty much every unit in very short time
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

Llamadeus wrote:Sleksa has some pretty good points!! Rather than asking for units to be changed according to perceived notions of balance, try learning the game and altering your own strategic approach to fit the unit balance as it exists. Or keep insisting that kbots should be viable on Comet Catcher, whatever.
You're very right about this, of course, the trouble is that some units seem to never fit in on any map.
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

I'd like to complain about the metal storage. It costs a lot of metal, and is very rarely worth making in team games as, unlike energy, your allies will almost always be able to absorb extra metal without waste. Energy storage is very cheap and relatively useful (though in large team games I prefer the metal maker or two for the same cost)

Metal storage does see a strange use, however - as a high hitpoint large building that can sit in front of heavy laser towers as a sort of primitive fortification wall. Perhaps if it were made smaller it would feel more natural - right now, it looks as large as the moho metal storage, but holds much less.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

You make metal storage for reclaiming your commander corpse after selfd it in greenfields game.

OR

You make it when you see a lot of corpses needed to reclaim fast before enemy reclaims them.

OR

If starting metal value is less than 1k

--

I agree it costs way too much o.o 330M is just something too much... maybe 230M would be enough...
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

Yeah the only real use for metal storage is when reclaiming commanders or a big wasteland of dead units after a battle. Also, its pretty handy if your commander dies to keep your storage from bottoming out. That said, slash the price on it and I think more people will build one as a "just in case" measure.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

Fuck that people shouldnt hoard metal in teamgames they should share it.
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

BaNa wrote:Fuck that people shouldnt hoard metal in teamgames they should share it.
Yeah, they should spend or share it, BUT there's something to be said for having a reserve or saving up to quick build something. I personally try to accumulate a reserve of 1000 metal before I build a T2 plant for instance.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

sharing 1000 metal to 7 players is useless... better to share only to one or two dudes, or its just waste.
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

TradeMark wrote:sharing 1000 metal to 7 players is useless... better to share only to one or two dudes, or its just waste.
No, not really. They're less likely to notice or go "gee thanks" but you're definitely not wasting metal by giving it to your teammates.
Evil4Zerggin

Post by Evil4Zerggin »

Depends which teammates you give it to >_>
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

it is waste. ive proved it many times... every time i concentrate my sharing to the dude whos doing some attacks, its really worth it and we win.

in other case when i share to everyone, it doenst change the game at all... continues same shit as before my sharing...
gonpost

Post by gonpost »

Hi,

There's a rather annoying bug which I've seen a few times now.

If core builds seaplane factories anywhere near the edge of the map (or sometimes somewhat far from the edge), the core seaplane fighters will not fly correctly. They'll barely move and slowly drift off the map. Over the course of several minutes, they'll drift a map's lengths off the edge of the map. You cannot make them go anywhere or fly anywhere. They just get stuck and drift off of the map. If you have your seaplane factories real close to the edge, they usually just get stuck on the edge of the map. Again, this happens ONLY with CORE sea plane fighters. I don't think it happens to the other core seaplanes.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”