[old] Balanced Annihilation V6.81 - Page 25

[old] Balanced Annihilation V6.81

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

REVENGE

Re: Balanced Annihilation V6.81

Post by REVENGE »

gonpost wrote:Hi,

There's a rather annoying bug which I've seen a few times now.

If core builds seaplane factories anywhere near the edge of the map (or sometimes somewhat far from the edge), the core seaplane fighters will not fly correctly. They'll barely move and slowly drift off the map. Over the course of several minutes, they'll drift a map's lengths off the edge of the map. You cannot make them go anywhere or fly anywhere. They just get stuck and drift off of the map. If you have your seaplane factories real close to the edge, they usually just get stuck on the edge of the map. Again, this happens ONLY with CORE sea plane fighters. I don't think it happens to the other core seaplanes.
I reported that 5 months ago. Sad to see it's still not fixed.
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

el_matarife wrote:Yeah the only real use for metal storage is when reclaiming commanders or a big wasteland of dead units after a battle. Also, its pretty handy if your commander dies to keep your storage from bottoming out. That said, slash the price on it and I think more people will build one as a "just in case" measure.
metal storages are the best nano shields in the game, htey dont need to be buffed
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

I tend to think he meant also nerfing their armor while you cut their cost. After all, why does a storage building need to be invincible?
adin_panther

Post by adin_panther »

gonpost wrote:Hi,

There's a rather annoying bug which I've seen a few times now.

If core builds seaplane factories anywhere near the edge of the map (or sometimes somewhat far from the edge), the core seaplane fighters will not fly correctly. They'll barely move and slowly drift off the map. Over the course of several minutes, they'll drift a map's lengths off the edge of the map. You cannot make them go anywhere or fly anywhere. They just get stuck and drift off of the map. If you have your seaplane factories real close to the edge, they usually just get stuck on the edge of the map. Again, this happens ONLY with CORE sea plane fighters. I don't think it happens to the other core seaplanes.
This one is highly annoying on maps like dworld or mearth, because sometimes you're stuck in sea and have to depend on those fighters.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

Pxtl wrote:I tend to think he meant also nerfing their armor while you cut their cost. After all, why does a storage building need to be invincible?
a metal bin full of metal
adin_panther

Post by adin_panther »

Good point. Sounds like very good armor to me.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

While I agree (hell, I work in a steel warehouse - everything in here is heavier and tougher than the stuff we use to move it),

Code: Select all

gameplay > realism.
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

metal storage is not worth debating as it is usefull. Its good its not too cheap as we would build it every game otherwise.

I can confirm seaplane figters bug though.
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

I've seen similar odd behavior at the very top of the map with nanoturrets. If you build nanoturrets up there the automatic patrol with immobile builders doesn't seem to take. I'm not sure if that's a bug with the widget or if its a bug with the Lua API itself.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

The widget doesn't work with nanoturrets at the very top of the map because the patrol command given to the nanoturret is given to a position above and to the right of the turret....which ends up being off the map and thus an invalid command.
ginekolog wrote:metal storage is not worth debating as it is usefull. Its good its not too cheap as we would build it every game otherwise.
I don't intend to insinuate that I know anything (or particularly care) about BA's balance but.... Building a *useful unit* every game? Preposterous!
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

hunterw wrote:metal storages are the best nano shields in the game, htey dont need to be buffed
Really? I usually go for wind or labs, depending on the situation.
pintle

Post by pintle »

BaNa wrote:
hunterw wrote:metal storages are the best nano shields in the game, htey dont need to be buffed
Really? I usually go for wind or labs, depending on the situation.
big hitsphere on m store, and (in most mods, never checked ba) good hp/build time ratio
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

pintle wrote:big hitsphere on m store, and (in most mods, never checked ba) good hp/build time ratio
most important thing for me is fast keybind, hence my choices (i dont have mstore bound to anything) :)
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

BaNa wrote:
pintle wrote:big hitsphere on m store, and (in most mods, never checked ba) good hp/build time ratio
most important thing for me is fast keybind, hence my choices (i dont have mstore bound to anything) :)
Maybe you should. I don't either. Now that I think about it, I really should!
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

adin_panther wrote:Good point. Sounds like very good armor to me.
Unless it's empty. Remember the metal storage that's getting killed will only have metal in it if you're near capacity - everything else is assumed to be moved to the other storage.

Regardless of its utility as a wall, we really should think about the metal storage as a, well, storage facility. As it stands, if you're swimming in metal it's almost always a better idea to bleed it to teammates or just start building the t2 lab as a way of spending it.

Even then, how about the underwater metal storage? That one doesn't work as a shield at all, but still costs as much.

The advanced metal storage is even less useful - it takes longer and costs more to build than a moho mine (which also stores 1000 metal). A similar thing can be said about advanced energy storage and fusion plants.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”