BA Chicken Defense V2.56 (BA7.81) - Page 10

BA Chicken Defense V2.56 (BA7.81)

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

1v0ry_k1ng

Re: BA Chicken Defense V1.58 (BA692)

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

just use zones the make queens immune to damage from the front, forcing players to do a flanky
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

I really like the new chicken progenitor concept. It gives the queen battle a much more interesting dimension than just "hope the porc kills her while the t3 kbots distract her".

Now you have a reason to make things like maurauders or nukes to go out and kill the burrows after she spawns (since they're still live and angering her at that point doesn't mean much).

In general, I'd like to see the Queen toned down slightly, at least in terms of damage potential, making her minions a bigger part of the battle. That way she feels like less of a giant missile with hit points and more like a complicated boss battle. I think this is a good first step towards that.
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

You should put in some super units to go 1v1 with the queen.
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

Ok, the progenitors are a bit screwy.

Take a look at this replay and you'll see what happens at the end:
http://yokozar.org/DSD-chicken-692.sdf

First, there might be a bug with them (tombom said they seemed to have 0 health).

Secondly, it feels like they come on way too fast as soon as the queen is angered. This gives us very little time to have any strategy - if we kill the hives earlier, we anger the queen and shoot ourselves in the foot. I think if we had a minute or so after the queen is angered it would give us time to go out and kill the hives before the progenitors ultimately get us.
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

YokoZar wrote:Secondly, it feels like they come on way too fast as soon as the queen is angered. This gives us very little time to have any strategy - if we kill the hives earlier, we anger the queen and shoot ourselves in the foot. I think if we had a minute or so after the queen is angered it would give us time to go out and kill the hives before the progenitors ultimately get us.
I'll look into the bug when I get back from work - They currently just spawn whenever waves spawn, but then the queen also spawns waves when she's damaged (which would cause an excess in progenitors), I can add like a minute delay to their spawning which might make things a bit smoother.
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

TheFatController wrote:
YokoZar wrote:Secondly, it feels like they come on way too fast as soon as the queen is angered. This gives us very little time to have any strategy - if we kill the hives earlier, we anger the queen and shoot ourselves in the foot. I think if we had a minute or so after the queen is angered it would give us time to go out and kill the hives before the progenitors ultimately get us.
I'll look into the bug when I get back from work - They currently just spawn whenever waves spawn, but then the queen also spawns waves when she's damaged (which would cause an excess in progenitors), I can add like a minute delay to their spawning which might make things a bit smoother.
So, testing in single player, the main problem seems to be that the hatchlings are invincible. (0/0 hp). Not sure what would cause that.
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

Should killing burrow do something other than or in addition to angering the queen? Maybe give resources to the players? The only real reason to ever attack burrows right now is to skip the artillery stage if you feel you're as ready as you will ever be. Maybe the attack waves should spawn on a set timetable and destroying burrows could post-pone the next spawn wave by 10 seconds each.
Anyone

Post by Anyone »

Maybe the burrows should spawn some kind of artillery turret if they are unharmed for too long? That would make the mod even more interesting.
Anyone

Post by Anyone »

...Any update on this, TFC? :oops: I miss this mod soooo much...
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

Is TASClient fixed yet? I'm still using a pre-banner version but if its fixed ill update and update chicken
Hacked

Post by Hacked »

tas works for me
post banner, but theres an option to turn that off
ai selection was fixed, if thats what you mean by broken
my version is .47 beta
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

in my version (1st update after satirik left) you could disable them via options
Noooooo

Post by Noooooo »

Btw. a (perhaps) stupid newbie question:

Which file or script defines/control's the movement and behaviour of the chicken-unit's?

There is nothing like an 'Chicken AI' in the spring\ai directory - that's strange, since you add a chicken bot in the battle window the same way like - let's say an RAI-bot.
There must be something which controls the units (orders them to attack there or here, etc.)... I tried to find something in the mod-file, forum and so on, but no success :(

Any help?

Thank you.
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

It's a basic Lua-AI - you'll find all the stuff in the LuaRules folder...
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

[Krogoth86] wrote:It's a basic Lua-AI - you'll find all the stuff in the LuaRules folder...
Inside the BAxxx.sdz archive in the /mods/ folder.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

section= "cust",

this section does not exist in latest version
Super Mario

Post by Super Mario »

can you update it to the latest ba version?
flyonthenet

Crash on Chicken Defense V2.02

Post by flyonthenet »

Hi all,
I have encountered a problem with this mod in my system.

When I kill the queen, Spring crashes

I use Chicken Defense V2.02 with Balanced Annihilation 7.04
The same problem happens with Chicken Defense V2.01 / BA 7.01

BA and the others mods works correctly.

In attachment you see the infolog.txt generated by Spring.
If I replay the game, Spring does not crash.
If you want I send you the demo file.
Attachments
infolog.txt
Spring Infolog
(25.98 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

revenge of the fallen ?
Zydox
Lobby Developer