ComplexAI

ComplexAI

Moderator: Content Developer

Eadword

ComplexAI

Post by Eadword »

This is my new AI for kernel panic's network faction/side. It so far beats all the Kernel Panic AI factions and up to 3 at once, all where different sides but same alliance. It is still a work in progress and I plan to expand it out to all of the factions and eventually to BA if i feel like it, that or i might make a new one. There are still errors and bugs but for 4 days work I am quite pleased, if you find one of the errors or bugs please let me know so I can improve it.

ComplexAI uses java since I know it better than lua. If anyone knows a way around building it on each computer please tell me since as of now I have experienced problems giving people the built version, but I included it anyway, maybe someone can explain. If there is a better way to just send it without requiring it to be compiled I would love to know.

To build:
Windows:
download apache-ant-1.8.4

make sure that you have java jdk6

open the 0.5 directory within the ComplexAI folder in the command prompt

in command prompt then type call "C:\..." replace the ... with the navigation to the directory with ant.bat, it is in the bin folder of the ant download; then after:
call "C:\..." jar
and it should work

Linuix:
I apologize if i am wrong but you should be able to go to the folder 0.5 in the terminal and then say ant jar or ant build jar something like that

Also I would like to thank 11Runner for helping with my code when I could not figure something out such as how to compile this AI, and blah1 for helping me bug test by fighting it.

I am uploading a newer version, I fixed some problems with units including the carrier becoming idle before the mission is completed.
Attachments
ComplexAI.zip
newer version. (also fixed copywrite to copyright, what happens when I am up at 2 putting stuff on forums)
(766.37 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
ComplexAI vs 3 KPAI.sdf
The replay from when it beat 3 Kernel Panic AIs that where allied
(946.18 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
ComplexAI.zip
Has the build and source.
(901.34 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Godde

Re: ComplexAI

Post by Godde »

Sounds cool.
What Spring engine version is the replay in, kernel panic and what map?

Edit:Spring 89.0, Kernel Panic 4.4, Quad core.
Pretty impressive.
Your AI did really well with that unit combo.
Flows are really good if you get alot of autofacs. The other AIs didn't really get a combined army like yours. Although I think it will be easy to overrun on small maps if it always start with 3 cons. I have to try to play against it.
Eadword

Post by Eadword »

Well I have made a few improvements, but for the most part I have been working on cleaning up the code. I am switching it to a hierarchy system of classes which, when done, will allow me to make the AI work for any faction of any game, not generically, but individually. Also I attempted to get the AI to win under the same conditions of the reply again, it did not happen, so it was just one lucky game, but it is still good by my opinion.

You are right about it being destroyed if someone attacks early. That was the only way that blah1 could beat it, past that--it always won. To fix that this problem I plan to have it make a flow or two before it makes all of its construction units to give it some defense from the week swarm units that it will most likely encounter.

I am not sure when I will be able to post the next version, but before I do, I would really appreciate knowing if there is a better way to give you the AI insted of making you compile it yourself since the instructions are a tad on the lengthy side.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Eadword wrote:I am not sure when I will be able to post the next version, but before I do, I would really appreciate knowing if there is a better way to give you the AI insted of making you compile it yourself since the instructions are a tad on the lengthy side.
If I had to compile myself, I would probably shelve testing it to forever later. So it's a very good thing than when I used your first attachment it worked without requiring any compiling! :-)

It's curious, twice it won agains two allied KPAI System, and then it failed against a single KPAI Network (map: Data Cache). Makes me wonder if I haven't accidentally left some huge imbalance. :?

Your AI currently only play Network. It would be much appreciated if you could teach it all the other factions, too. (btw, I'd suggest the logic to not be based on the factions, but about the units it has).
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

He said he is trying to make an AI which is the best at KP. So why does it need to play things other than network :P ?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Are you confirming Network is OP too? Can you tell me what precisely makes it OP?
Eadword

Post by Eadword »

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I am attaching my current source code so you can take a look if interested, it seems that my changes over to a class hierarchy system is having some bugs. I also have had very little time to work on it. I hope you enjoy it.

The new class hierarchy is for allowing it to work with more factions of kernel panic and to work with other spring games. However I have had little time to work with school.

Hopefully soon I will get the kinks worked out...
Attachments
ComplexAI.zip
Has most up to date version of Complex AI. Please note that it does not work very well yet.
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 46 times

Return to “Kernel Panic”