Moderator: Content Developer

zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Kernel Panic 4.3

Post by zwzsg »

Kernel Panic 4.3 out!

4.2 -> 4.3 changes:
  • Mostly, it's made 84 compatible, by removing the last scattered .n
  • Also, now, when a team is given a bonus in the lobby, it gets translated into an armor bonus ingame.
  • Like, if you give yourself a 80% bonus, you get a 80% damage reduction to attack from people with 0 bonus.
  • I culled the many HOMF options, since anyway now you can use the rebalancing formula to achieve same tweaks.
  • By the way, you can now use the alias "hero" or "mega" in that rebalancing formula, to get changes applied to all heroes.
  • But anyway, my top-down direct control gadget works worse and worse, I had to make it even less responsive or else it wouldn't work at all under 84.
  • Lastly there's couple more internal fixes and updates that are not worth mentionning.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Re: Kernel Panic 4.3

Post by bobthedinosaur »

yay :mrgreen: time to get my arse handed to me!
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

I noticed some bugs. I'm afraid I'll have to make a 4.4 soon.
knorke

Post by knorke »

some things:
-when running over spring.exe, all widgets get disabled (even the kp ones)
-include a widget that draws unit-selection, so unitselections are visible on hexfarm
-bits have low turnrate. That means when giving them a moveorder, they spin in place for a few moments before they actually start moving.
For tanks/vehicles that seems ok but for those spheres it could feel more responsive?
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

knorke wrote:-when running over spring.exe, all widgets get disabled (even the kp ones)
Yes, because ingame menu disable all widgets when it detects spring.exe has been run directly. So that it can pretend to be a full screen menu without AdvPlayerList or whatever drawing over it.
knorke wrote:include a widget that draws unit-selection, so unitselections are visible on hexfarm
There is one in the installer.
knorke wrote:bits have low turnrate. That means when giving them a moveorder, they spin in place for a few moments before they actually start moving.
Noticed that too. I blame 84 for changing movement and pathing yet again!
knorke

Post by knorke »

There is one in the installer.
Why not in the .sdz version? That needs it too.
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

Because unit-selection widgets are not KP-specific. My unit-selection widget can be useful for other mods, and other unit-selection widgets can be used for KP.

I like the modular nature of Spring, and dislike the tendancy to shove everything into the mod archive.
knorke

Post by knorke »

The complete installer contains the old 84.0 spring so players using that will not be able to play online (?), at least not with players who installed 85.0.
So I added a note here: http://springrts.com/wiki/GamesDownloads , feel free to edit etc..
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

Yes, I was slower to update this time, but KP's not dead yet. I just updated it: http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=27499

Return to “Kernel Panic”