Setup-script does not exist

Moderator: Content Developer

CyberSDF

Post by CyberSDF »

Hello !

I run spring on Ubuntu 10.10 and i use the Kernel Panic mod with the package spring-mods-kernelpanic Version : 4.1-0ubuntu1

When i'm in front the menu of KP, if i want start a mission i have the message : Incorrect/Missing content: Setup-script does not exist in given location: "/home/USER/.spring/script.txt"

But the script.txt file exist. Here inside :

Code: Select all

[GAME]

{

GameType=Kernel Panic 4.1;

Mapname=Marble_Madness_Map;

[MODOPTIONS]

{
	FullScript=script.sav;
		MissionScript=Missions/KP/challenge 1 - bug squashing.txt;

MissionTitle="Mouse-over for details...";

MissionBriefing="Your only chance to win this mission is\nto learn how to keep your bits in formation:\n \n- Press left mouse button,\nkeep it down while moving mouse,\nto draw a selection rectangle.\n \n- Press right mouse button,\nkeep it down while moving mouse,\nto draw a formation line:\nthe selected units will move to that formation shape.\n \nOh and keep damaged bits at the back.\nIdle bits will slowly heal.";
		nowalls=0;
		nospecials=0;
		ons=0;
		sos=0;
		colorwars=0;
		GameMode=0;
		ghostedbuildings=1;

fixedallies=0;

MaxUnits=512;

MinSpeed=0.1;

MaxSpeed=10;		
		StartMetal=1024;

StartEnergy=1024;

LauncherName=Hand Written;

LauncherVersion=1.2;

}

HostIP=localhost;

HostPort=0;

IsHost=1;

StartPosType=3;
	MyPlayerNum=0;

MyPlayerName=Player;

NumPlayers=1;

NumUsers=2;

NumTeams=2;

NumAllyTeams=2;	
	[PLAYER0]

{

name=Player;

Team=0;

Spectator=0;

}	
	[AI1]

{

Name=Stray Bugs;

ShortName=Kernel Panic AI;		
		Team=1;

Host=0;
	}	
	[TEAM0]

{

TeamLeader=0;

AllyTeam=0;

Handicap=0;

Side=system;

RGBColor=0.5 0.5 1;

StartPosX=1024;

StartPosZ=1024;

}

[TEAM1]

{

TeamLeader=0;

AllyTeam=1;

Handicap=0;

Side=hacker;

RGBColor=1 0.2 0.2;

AIDLL=Kernel Panic AI;

aioverride=Nothing;

StartPosX=1024;

StartPosZ=256;

}	
	[ALLYTEAM0]

{

NumAllies=0;

}

[ALLYTEAM1]

{

NumAllies=0;

}	
	NumRestrictions=0;

[RESTRICT]

{

}

}
Any idea to fix :?:
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Re: Setup-script does not exist

Post by zwzsg »

I can help you with your next problem (which will be about localhost not being valid HostIP), but unfortunely, your problem comes before.

The KP widget that manage missions doesn't create script.txt, instead it runs Spring.Restart("-s",trimmed) where trimmed is a rather large string containing the startscript. It still works in in Spring 0.82.7 under Windows, so I can't help you.

Seek a Spring dev.
Nabla

Post by Nabla »

I have exactly the same problem with ubuntu 10.10.
I then tested the game on windows seven, and then it crash in loading before the main menu.
I finished to be able to play it on Wine. But after a little time the game begin to lag. At first sight the game is good. But i'm interessted if it's possible to install it in ubuntu or windows?

If you need log on crash or other, i can give then to you.
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

• I never tried Spring under Linux, so I can't offer much help there. We need to get a dev interested in your problem.
  • I haven't tried Win7, but it should work just as in my WinXP, since the spring exe, and KP installer are the same for all windows. What's the infolog.txt for your Win7 crash?
Nabla

Post by Nabla »

I was able to launch the script, in launching it manually with spring in the terminal.
jpcordovae

Post by jpcordovae »

zwzsg wrote:
  • I never tried Spring under Linux, so I can't offer much help there. We need to get a dev interested in your problem.
  • I haven't tried Win7, but it should work just as in my WinXP, since the spring exe, and KP installer are the same for all windows. What's the infolog.txt for your Win7 crash?
I did it in win7, but now I'm in linux, its more easy for me void permission problems in this way.

infolog show nothing, don't even load it. I left the file in /home/jpcordovae/.spring/LuaUI/Widgets, and then /localwidgetsconfig and /luaui reload, but nothing...

MK
jpcordovae

Post by jpcordovae »

Nabla wrote:I was able to launch the script, in launching it manually with spring in the terminal.
how you did it ?

/luaui script.lua ??

because I try, but don't work for me.

MK
knorke

Post by knorke »

jpcordovae wrote:
Nabla wrote:I was able to launch the script, in launching it manually with spring in the terminal.
how you did it ?

/luaui script.lua ??

MK
I think he means something like
Typing Spring.exe startscript.txt in a console prompt. (<- thats for windows)
Spring.Rehost() seems to be broken on Mac OS X:
http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=65&p=474808#p474808 wrote:[01:51] BrainDamage mac port is experimental
[01:51] BrainDamage and mac datadirs & fs scanner is slightly different
[01:51] BrainDamage so mac build has it's own set of bugs
Maybe its the same problem on Ubuntu?
Everytime Spring.Rehost() seems to start with "script.txt" instead of the given arguement.
jpcordovae

Post by jpcordovae »

Sorry guys, I have too many firefox tabs open and I get confused, my original post in this thread was a mistake, sorry !!!
knorke wrote:
jpcordovae wrote:
how you did it ?

/luaui script.lua ??

MK
I think he means something like
Typing Spring.exe startscript.txt in a console prompt. (<- thats for windows)
Spring.Rehost() seems to be broken on Mac OS X:
http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=65&p=474808#p474808 wrote:[01:51] BrainDamage mac port is experimental
[01:51] BrainDamage and mac datadirs & fs scanner is slightly different
[01:51] BrainDamage so mac build has it's own set of bugs
Maybe its the same problem on Ubuntu?
Everytime Spring.Rehost() seems to start with "script.txt" instead of the given arguement.
Gallaecio

Post by Gallaecio »

This is still happening with latest (4.2) Kernel Panic version.
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

I forgot to mention the easy solution: The ingame menu doesn't work? Then don't use it!

Run SpringLobby. With SpringLobby, make a Kernel Panic battle, and add one or two "Kernel Panic AI" bots, then start the game.

Once spring has started, if the ingame menu still pops up, press the esc key twice to make it go away.

You can also permanently disable that menu in the widget list that is brought up by pressing the F11 key. But only work after your hide the menu with esc twice, as the widget list is drawn under the menu. The name of the widget is "Spring Direct Launch 2".

The games generated by the ingame skirmish generator of the ingame menu are only slightly different from what you can generate with SpringLobby: With SpringLobby, options like ONS or SoS are the same for all "teams", while with my menu I can make them different for each "team". And using ingame menu would remove the hassle of assigning the IDs in a lobby.

As for the missions of my ingame menu, they are not that great, you're not losing much. I guess if you really wanted, you could extract them from Kernel_Panic_4.x.sd7, (which is in reality a renamed 7z archive), then pass the txt filemane of the mission as a an argument to spring
testsetest

Post by testsetest »

I just ran into the same problem on Fedora 15. Solved it by CD'ing into ~/.spring before running the game. Note it also crashed w/ the same error when the game popped up and asked me if I wanted to load the default settings (to which I clicked yes). Thankfully, on subsequent runs this did not happen and I was able to play the game.

Return to “Kernel Panic”