Game Basics

Game Basics

Moderator: Content Developer

discodowney

Game Basics

Post by discodowney »

Hey,

Is there a manual for the game online somewhere or something?

Im just trying to play the game. But i cant get on to step one. Im doing Challenge 1 in the single player. It says to click on my kernel. But all i see are the balls and the squares with particles coming out. Im assuming the squares are the kernels? But i cant click on them. Then the help at the bottom says there should be a bar in the top right corner. But i dont have one. Anyone shed any light on this?

edit: it says on the left there is a BuildMenu. I dont see any build menu.
Pxtl

Re: Game Basics

Post by Pxtl »

discodowney wrote:Hey,

Im just trying to play the game. But i cant get on to step one. Im doing Challenge 1 in the single player. It says to click on my kernel. But all i see are the balls and the squares with particles coming out. Im assuming the squares are the kernels? But i cant click on them. Then the help at the bottom says there should be a bar in the top right corner. But i dont have one. Anyone shed any light on this?

edit: it says on the left there is a BuildMenu. I dont see any build menu.
http://springrts.com/wiki/Kernel_Panic has an overview of the units. The "Kernel" is your main factory that you use to build units.
discodowney

Post by discodowney »

But im not seeing any factory thats the problem. Here is a pic from the overview camera angle. There is no kernel nor menus mentioned by the help:

zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

http://springrts.com/wiki/Kernel_Panic# ... _Buildings:
http://springrts.com/wiki/Kernel_Panic# ... for_System:

Im doing Challenge 1 in the single player.
Hmm, play skirmish first. The missions are too hard, and won't even teach you how to play as they're so different from regular play.

Im doing Challenge 1 in the single player. It says to click on my kernel. [...]
Yeah, the text in the blue box at the bottom was made with regular play (skirmish and multiplayer) in mind, but is totally not adapted to missions. It gets confused because you normally start with a kernel. Except, not in that mission, but it doesn't know it! That's a naughty bug. I ought to fix it. Sorry about it.

Game Basics
I suggest you first use "skirmish -> spectate", then "skirmish-> duel-easy".

In skirmish, the blue text will be relevant.
discodowney

Post by discodowney »

Ah right, Cheers. Ill skirmish now. I thought the missions would start off with a tutorial thing or something first. Grand job. Thanks.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

I thought the missions would start off with a tutorial thing or something first.
The missions were indeed supposed to be a gradual introduction to play. That is why in the first mission you only have attack units, and nothing to build.

But I never made all the mission I would need, and somehow, all the few missions I made ended up ten times harder than they were supposed.

In parallel, I build a tutorial in the form of that blue box, forgetting the interaction with mission while doing so.

So in the end, the missions are a mess. Thanks for reminding me that.

Return to “Kernel Panic”