System

System

Moderator: Content Developer

BlueScreen

System

Post by BlueScreen »

Hi im new to the forums but have been playing for a while and i could help but notice that system is stronger then the other factions which is a shame since i love the diversity and simplicity that makes the game what it is. The different factions are brilliant even those nice little easter eggs thrown in but the one thing that bothers me is how powerful the system pointer is. Its that damn fire blaze shot whatever you want to call it i call it death. was it designed in mind that sstem should be able to cook any build with one click with a nice fire n forget or is it just something that wasnt seen as something to strong?

balance wise is it a lil unbalance to simply be able to destroy a factory/tower and then engage in a war of attrition?( he has all of his factorys and your down one) I know i shouldnt even let any pointer close(far?) but sneaking worms( hacker player as you guessed) in digital divide is fairly hard. i just find it a lil redundant to have both a nuke tower and a massive slow burner on a unit. plz give me your thoughts and if possible a nice way around this sniping death machine.
Pxtl

Re: System

Post by Pxtl »

I have trouble saying any faction in KP is imba, simply because good KP players seem to raep regardless of which faction they choose.

Although System does require a lot less micro than the others.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Well, some people say Network is overpowered, some say it's System, I think I ever heard one saying it's Hacker.

The pointer has long range and deal good damage, but it is frail and expensive. So just go kill the pointers that annoy you.

As a Network, you can easily hit anywhere, be it with flow or because they have the fastest small unit and can call them anywhere. What I especially like when playing a Network facing pointers, is to firewall my units and watch the pointers kill themselves.

As Hacker, you can turn your bug into an artillery unit called exploit, and while not as long ranged and as powerful as pointer, the large number of exploit you can field more than compensate.
BlueScreen wrote:but have been playing for a while
Who did you play?
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Digital Divide is extremely porcy and artillery focused, Pointers and Exploits dominate there. On most open maps (e.g. DMA) the fire shot is barely worth using. OTOH Network is pretty good at porc breaking because they only need to get one connection past the bottlenecks and can immediately deploy their whole force there without the risk of any NX flags blocking the entrance.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

As the size of the map decreases, the balance structure of the game warps drastically. System was classically ascendant at maps below 10x10 in size due to Pointers, while Network is increasingly capable the larger the map due to the nature of Packets. Essentially, most play should occur between 10x10 and 14x14 maps, or among balanced mixed teams on other sizes.

Return to “Kernel Panic”