Division Zero and .NET in KP 3.6 - Page 2

Division Zero and .NET in KP 3.6

Moderator: Content Developer

mammadori

Re: Division Zero and .NET in KP 3.6

Post by mammadori »

zwzsg wrote:
mammadori wrote:Then I'll wait another release of KP with those char stripped before pushing it to debian.
There. You must of course use the content of the zip, not the zip itself.
Sure, I need anyway to repack it as tar.gz.

It would be nice to have a small file telling which license KP use, I saw in ubuntu packages that is relicensed as GPL2+ but is citing an unprecised forum message, having an official note (LICENSE, readme.txt or similar) in the package would be great.
zwzsg wrote: Important:
Create a shortcut that runs:
spring dummy_startscript.txt
and name it:
Kernel Panic Single Player
Ok, I'll do that, but I have som more questions about that packaging.

1. What are the desired usage of springlobby.global.conf and springlobby.config and springsettings.cfg ?

A spring user already have them, I shall provide them as an alternative to have a proper KP game?

2. The maps directory contains 2 Direct_Memory_Access versions, is this desired or can I remove the oldest (0.5c?).

3. There is a provided LuaUI, which contains some luascripts that are provided also in the standard spring tarball, would you like to remove them and keep just the ones needed by KP?

Many thanks for your care!
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Re: Division Zero and .NET in KP 3.6

Post by zwzsg »

mammadori wrote:It would be nice to have a small file telling which license KP use, I saw in ubuntu packages that is relicensed as GPL2+ but is citing an unprecised forum message, having an official note (LICENSE, readme.txt or similar) in the package would be great.
Uh, yeah, I forgot the readme.txt. Well, just extract the Kernel_Panic_readme.txt out of Kernel_Panic_3.65_Trimmed.sd7 and use that. The single player menu feature a "Credits" button too.
mammadori wrote:1. What are the desired usage of springlobby.global.conf and springlobby.config and springsettings.cfg ?
When spring finds a springsettings.cfg in its folder, it use the settings in it (and complete them by the default). I use that springsettings.cfg because some of Spring default settings don't fit KP, or are just plain bad. For instance I invert mousewheeling so zooming fits the convention of every other app ou there. Or I turn on decal because otherwise no one would manually turn then on. They should definitively be used if the user had never run Spring. But if the user is a Spring veteran, he might dislike getting his setting changed without notice. I don't really know how your package works, what they can do and can know, so do what's best.

springlobby.global.conf is a file that is read by SpringLobby and use to redo SpringLobby settings when SpringLobby has no setting. Contrary to springsettings.cfg, springlobby.global.conf is not modified, the complete settings of SpringLobby are stored in another file. I use that springlobby.global.conf to tell SpringLobby to join #kp channel and to filter out uninstalled mod.

There was no springlobby.config in my .zip
mammadori wrote:2. The maps directory contains 2 Direct_Memory_Access versions, is this desired or can I remove the oldest (0.5c?).
Nah keep both. At first I couldn't decide between the two but by now I have the Single Player part that relies on having both version of that map, so don't remove any. Beside, if you look at their filesize,...
3. There is a provided LuaUI, which contains some luascripts that are provided also in the standard spring tarball, would you like to remove them and keep just the ones needed by KP?
Add the LuaUI from the zip to the existing ones.

Internally, KP contains a widget that redo some settings the first time KP is run, but it doesn't contain all the settings in the springsettings.cfg of the .zip.

Return to “Kernel Panic”