New faction idea, DRM - Page 3

New faction idea, DRM

Moderator: Content Developer

lurker

Re: New faction idea, DRM

Post by lurker »

A creative burden? I can only see that if you define adding a side in terms of incrementing the count. Once you've put in the units and gameplay, making it 'added', is there any such burden from it?

There's also some potential to be helpful to new players, if not everyone else is an expert they can focus on uncommon factions and movements and use it to their advantage.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Dawn of war tries well with 9
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I didn't say there weren't benefits, I merely put myself in an approximation of Logabob's shoes and explained why one might request there be a limit to sides.

Creative burden primarily being creating a side which is enough unlike the other sides and enough interesting to add to, rather than detract from, the game. It is a development burden, not a lasting one, I am certain that was implicit in my prior statement.
Dotz

Post by Dotz »

I thought of this earlier in #kp when chatting with zwzsg.

The Daemon!

Its perfect! It could have a demonic appearance, and it would make sense because its a play on the word Daemon, which is computer related. I don't know what it would do though, perhaps it would be the spam unit. it would lob projectiles (evil projectiles) into the air, sort of like an artillery unit except it would be more like lobbing/tossing than firing. the radius would be a decent size. since it's their light unit it wouldn't really have anything special.

OOH! another one! It isn't word play but still

Hexadecimal!

I'm not sure what it would look like, but it would shoot semi-transparent Hexes at a fast rate twoards the enemy, this would be the medium unit, and would take a fair ammount of time to build, not as long as some of the other medium units, somewhere around 8 seconds. anyway, this one would look like a box with legs and horns, and maybe a little hex shaped thing skinned onto the front

^____^
| .{{{.|
|_____|
[||[[[||
[||[[[||
---[[---
in case you can't tell, the feet would be square.

ignore the brackets, they are only there so the text pic will show up properly. the straight lines, periods, and ^s are part of the picture.

Return to “Kernel Panic”