Stuff that will break down in next Spring

Moderator: Content Developer

zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Stuff that will break down in next Spring

Post by zwzsg »

Stuff that are broken by 0.79:

1) Obelisk:
It stay closed and flameless when it should be open and flamey on the tip. Looks like the flame escapes instead of staying in place.

2) Socket:
The build laser animation is all chopped instead of smooth. I guess the laser stays in place instead of following its emit point or something. Hmm, very odd, only occurs on sockets facing south. :?

3) Pointer's NX flag:
The graphical effect of the ground set ablaze is barely visible. I suppose there's others FX affected too.

These works fine up to 7.8.2.1, but get broken by the test builds. And now by the partial 0.79. I could use help to investigate those, to tell me what changed in the engine that makes them work differently, to tell me if the fix should be mod-side or engine-side, and if mod-side what should I do, and if engine-side how to describe the error from an engine point of view.

Note: There were also gl.GetTextWidth, bots in startscripts, color in gl.Text, ground scars, but that I already fixed.
imbaczek

Re: Stuff that will break down in next Spring

Post by imbaczek »

ground scars are probably related to http://github.com/spring/spring/commit/ ... 673ed3efeb
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

Probably.

This is what it looks like:

KP does not use explosion groundscar at all. But I forgot how are ground supposed to be defined.

Edit: Ok, fixed. Edited first post. Apparently, the only control over scars a modder has is to replace the five or so scar texture in RESOURCES.TDF. Correct me if I am wrong. Because I'd rather disable groundscars than using transparent ones.
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

Found out the source of obelisk and NX bug: Spring 0.79 refuse to spawn a new particle every frame like it is asked to.

Edit: Pfew, 0.79.0.1 fixed it.

Time to triple-check, package and release KP 3.3.

Return to “Kernel Panic”