Bring back the old low RoF banisher! - Page 2

Bring back the old low RoF banisher!

A dynamic game undergoing constant development and refinement, that attempts to balance playability with fresh and innovative features.

Moderator: Content Developer

Pxtl

Re: Bring back the old low RoF banisher!

Post by Pxtl »

Licho wrote:Stillety is, according to modstats, consistently the best paralyzer (in cost paralyzed/investment)

Tick is consistently the worst.
It PARALYZES less than roach KILLS per cost.
Yeah, but para time.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Yeah, nail on head, pxtl. Stiletto dishes out whooping amounts of para, often massively over-paralyzing a single target (I mean, it can do almost enough to 1-shot a dante, imagine this much damage done to every single thug in a pack!). It then has the lowest para time of any of the non-repeating EMP weapons, and no way of following up (unless you have two) before the target is unstunned.

I bet you tick also does the least because it only stuns its targets once. Unlike a Faraday, venom or gnat, it cant just keep hitting a stunned target over and over to rack up extra damage (which isn't really helping you all that much, just resetting the para timer).

You can't take these numbers at face value.
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Stiletto is still very useful.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Saktoth wrote: just resetting the para timer
How's the logic work with that anyways?

I mean, could I theoretically do "2 stilettos blanket area and stun dantes, then hit the area with a Tick and they now have the Tick's perma-stun paratime"?
Godde

Post by Godde »

1 tick only add like 11 seconds to the stun time on a healthy dante.
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

I would like to change the emp decay rate but it is hardcoded into the engine. Currently it takes 40s to decay from 100% emp to 0%. This means that unit paralysed for 40s has taken 2x it's health in emp damage. In effect there is little distinction between the emp damage to reach various paralysis times.

If, for example, 100% decay took 20s it would require 3x a units health in emp damage to paralyse it for 40s. There would be a lot more situations where the full paralysis time for a given weapon is not reached which I think would make the system more interesting.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Honestly, I'm not really fond of different stun weapons having different paratimes. I mean, I get there are important gameplay reasons for it, but it makes it difficult to figure how powerful each weapon is... and look how that screws up shields when you have weapons that are meant to be "stuns everything for short time"... it means *obliterates shields*.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

yes, on that note EMP bomber doing somthing closer to 7,000 EMP damage (so two are needed to EMP golly/sumo) might be nice.. 120,000 seems slightly excessive
varikonniemi

Post by varikonniemi »

Kodachi could get the weapon of the Pyro? It is already flame projectile based, now it could be a riot speedy tank with a flame turret.

Then the banisher should not need to fulfill the riot class but for instance be a medium range arced missile launcher (not VTOL).

something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS9hK8Qag0Y&t=50

This would differentiate it from the T3 walker by obviously the scale, but also the firing of the missiles in sequence and not in a salvo, being more vulnerable while firing.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Tank does not need more artillery.

Koda and Panther probably do need a further look at in the future.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

panther is much better since the accuracy buff, though it could use a faster turret and tinsy bit more range too - then it could kite glaives etc better.

Kodachi is crap, feels much too random re: if it hits or not. I dislike the whole concept, which is a pity because its a cool model
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

I think the idea with the Koda is that it's not supposed to be used against moving targets.... but I haven't used it in a dog's age because of the frustration at how fiddly the damned thing is.

Now that the panther got buffed I should give it another shot - a panther-koda 1-2 punch could be good.

Return to “Zero-K”