true coco believer

true coco believer

A dynamic game undergoing constant development and refinement, that attempts to balance playability with fresh and innovative features.

Moderator: Content Developer

albator

true coco believer

Post by albator »

Any chance the communist mod to be removed or set as an option in the (near) future ?
smoth

Re: true coco believer

Post by smoth »

Probably not.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Its beyond our skills.
Make it so!
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

There is noone who both has the skills and inclination to change it.
Skasi

Post by Skasi »

Use the FFA ceasefire option if you dont want to form true teams. :]
Prominence

Post by Prominence »

Unfortunately, there are large amount of noobs who support communism although it's damaging to the team as a whole.

To make everyone happy, best solution is to make communism as an optional participation, but these lousy developers refuse to build it from scratch.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Go dev it, i would like to have it myself.
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

I've ranted about communism for years but the one thing I can say I do like about it, is that it encourages teammates to connect their energy grids together. It's so much nicer to see this kind of cooperation than a few people techning in the back by themselves.

And with exclusively veteran games it opens of a lot of possiblities for teamplay, where certain players can focus on maintaining the pressure while another teammate or two offers support and builds team eco.

Just where it really fails is with teammates of wildly varying skill levels. The newbies end up with extra metal to spend on stupid things while the good players struggle to hold territory with less metal than they deserve.

So, in the end, the best solution is to try to increase the playerbase so vets and newbs don't need to play with each other.
SirMaverick

Post by SirMaverick »

luckywaldo7 wrote:Just where it really fails is with teammates of wildly varying skill levels. The newbies end up with extra metal to spend on stupid things while the good players struggle to hold territory with less metal than they deserve.

So, in the end, the best solution is to try to increase the playerbase so vets and newbs don't need to play with each other.
That's the point where you (the vet) should start teaching. Newbs don't get much better by playing against each other.
scifi

Post by scifi »

So ironic this issue is being discussed again.

Essencialy luckywaldo7 resumed the issue +1, agree 100%.

My 2 cents on the issue.

Comunism hurts expantion and it doesnt reward, being good on your lane or part of the map, if your playing with people that are less experinced in the game. It rewards however team play, and cooperation. Witch is why it was implemented in the first place.

I hated comunism , because i couldnt join a game, play normal expand on my side of the map, and not carring if there was an air player e.t.c.., eventualy me winning this side (since i had more eco to myself), would make me a snowbaler for my team, currently this is imposible.

With comunism, since youll be playing with people that are new to the game, you must care on all sides of the map, you must guide them to victory, essencialy being an awesome air player, capping all of the mexes creating bombers and air screens, so you can save people, and wreck theyr eco.

With perfectly balanced teams this scenario changes completly, where being good on your role, and side of the map matter more.
Prominence

Post by Prominence »

You have to assume the newbs aren't going to be affective whether they listen or not listen. Even if they did listen, they won't carry out with same effectiveness as the skilled players.
Besides, the true team game is about supporting the best player, not about teammates and all other nonsense. If best player succeeds, the team wins, and rest of teammates are just placeholders.

The communism is fail period anywhere anytime.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Prominence wrote: Besides, the true team game is about supporting the best player, not about teammates and all other nonsense.
no
Prominence

Post by Prominence »

Licho wrote:Go dev it, i would like to have it myself.
Are you going to pay me?
smoth

Post by smoth »

are you going to pay the engine devs for the engine?
Are you going to pay licho for planet wars?
are you going to pay...

yeah shut up
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

Scifi was pretty much spot on.
Prominence wrote:the true team game is about supporting the best player, not about teammates and all other nonsense. If best player succeeds, the team wins, and rest of teammates are just placeholders
You will find most if not all the highest ranked ZK players disagree, and I dare you to prove yourself more skillful.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Prominence wrote:
Licho wrote:Go dev it, i would like to have it myself.
Are you going to pay me?
WTF what an arrogant prick ..

User has been warned for this post. Felony 1
smoth

Post by smoth »

some people only know how to take from others. Don't let it get to you Licho. I fully believe that people should be payed for work and all but in this case, this is a community effort with what? 30-40~ish contributors? He could spend a little bit of time and lend an hand instead of extending a hand asking for payment.
Godde

Post by Godde »

1 good thing is that mex layout and starting boxes doesn't matter with communism. There is no fighting about who takes the mex first and if there uneven amount of mexes or few mexes that doesn't matter aswell.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

Prominence wrote:You have to assume the newbs aren't going to be affective whether they listen or not listen. Even if they did listen, they won't carry out with same effectiveness as the skilled players.
Besides, the true team game is about supporting the best player, not about teammates and all other nonsense. If best player succeeds, the team wins, and rest of teammates are just placeholders.
arrogant, but fairly true. at the same time though, where the best players of each side are opposing noobs, the team that wins is usually the team that props up their noob flank the longest.
smoth

Post by smoth »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:where the best players of each side are opposing noobs, the team that wins is usually the team that props up their noob flank the longest.
"squad is only as fast as it's slowest member" etc.

I agree with this sentiment.

Return to “Zero-K”