Return of the pro game? - Page 2

Return of the pro game?

A dynamic game undergoing constant development and refinement, that attempts to balance playability with fresh and innovative features.

Moderator: Content Developer

Jazcash

Re: Return of the pro game?

Post by Jazcash »

Wombat wrote: so u didnt know they were old players ? lawl
What. I am talking about Anubis when he first started playing, when he was in [K], as was I, in the "old" days...
scifi

Post by scifi »

ah well,life is life, people come and go, same is with spring

Myself i was never that good of a player, never tryed to, or spent that mutch time playing spring either.

Ive comed and gone out of spring to play a few games, over the years.

the clan games that existed and that sort of competition was an interesting era, it isnt over, start recruiting and get that clan figthing again up and runing. :wink:
Skasi

Post by Skasi »

There are some nice pro games every now and then. Um.. they returned! I guess..
Agon

Post by Agon »

To get a pro in ZK you need to play every day at least 2 hours against good players. And you need to know all units which are eh more than 30?
, well to much to know.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

More tourneys for the tourneytoad!
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Agon wrote:To get a pro in ZK you need to play every day at least 2 hours against good players. And you need to know all units which are eh more than 30?
, well to much to know.
lol ? plz

its all about constant rebalancing, so u are kinda right
Skasi

Post by Skasi »

30 units? More leik 300. And sure, I know em all. I can even think of their strengths and weaknessesses I guess!

Oi, but I play every day, at least two hours. Playing against good players only is bad - you learn a lot from teaching new players and watching new, unbiased players strategics.

Anyway.. I must check my replays for some really pro games. Just being too lazy!
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

300? The total unit count is 207 counting all the units that people leave in the SVN and those that are used for hax (such as fake units for jumpjet targeting).

We only have 72 non-constructor units that are built in 'normal' factories. As in non-ship, non-commander and non-'t3', mobile units, the ones you often encounter.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Agon wrote:To get a pro in ZK you need to play every day at least 2 hours against good players. And you need to know all units which are eh more than 30?
, well to much to know.
To get 'Pro' at Starcraft you have to play 8+ hours a day against insane koreans.

How good you want to get at a game is entirely up to you.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Saktoth wrote:
, well to much to know.
To get 'Pro' at Starcraft you have to play 8+ hours a day against insane koreans.

How good you want to get at a game is entirely up to you.
I think in both cases you can get away with using less time.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

http://www.dotacommentaries.com/index.php/luminous/3503

"B team pro gamers play on average of 12-14 hours daily, whereas A team pro gamers, the gamers that we see under the dazzling lights, play on average of 10-12 hours."

"Imagine spending your adolescence, age 14-17, playing SC every single day for 3 years, no ÔÇÿvacationsÔÇÖ, no ÔÇÿtaking a day offÔÇÖ ÔÇô it becomes mind numbing."

How good you want to be at a game depends entirely on effort and time. You want to compete with people playing 8 hours a day for 3 years, you have to play 8 hours a day for 3 years (Or more, given that the B-team practices -harder-). Should you have to play that much to enjoy it? No. But the skill ceiling is potentially limitless, it takes a lot to be the best in the world. If you're used to being one of the top players in CA, its just because its not so hard to be a big dish in such a small pond. You dont have to be a top player to enjoy it.

Return to “Zero-K”