Dragons teeth?

Dragons teeth?

A dynamic game undergoing constant development and refinement, that attempts to balance playability with fresh and innovative features.

Moderator: Content Developer

Roadkillguy

Dragons teeth?

Post by Roadkillguy »

Pardon me if I'm being dumb, but I cant seem to find dragon's teeth or the fortified wall thing anywhere in Complete Annihilation. Are they not even in the game?
MidKnight

Re: Dragons teeth?

Post by MidKnight »

They are not part of CA. You can use Advanced new Terraforming technology to achieve the same functionality. :-)

Here is a guide: http://trac.caspring.org/wiki/Terraforming

PS: In the future, please post about CA-related issues in the CA subforum. Thanks.
Roadkillguy

Post by Roadkillguy »

Ooops sorry. Thanks anyway.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

thats stupid who came up with that idea? dt are sharp and shiny, and walls look like piles of dirt. feckl
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

You can do a heck of a lot more with terraform than you can with dragon teeth. See the link midknight posted.

Also a example posted in another thread:
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

I agree its not visually nice, it needs decal.. badly..
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Nah, its gorgeous, looks great.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Licho wrote:I agree its not visually nice, it needs decal.. badly..
I was thinking this is a place where it would be nice to have engine support - a pair of simple repeated texture-maps that are alpha'd in proportionally to the displacement from the neutral. Have 2 maps, an "up" map and a "down" map. It wouldn't look great, but it would make deformation more visible - even cratering is hard to see in certain map textures, so if the bottoms of the crater were actually darkened with an earthy texture, that would help.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

luckywaldo7 wrote:You can do a heck of a lot more with terraform than you can with dragon teeth. See the link midknight posted.

Also a example posted in another thread:

Very narrow? well dt is not only very narrow BUT ALSO it is sharp AND shiny at the same time. Useless post

Return to “Zero-K”