Widget spam - Page 2

Widget spam

A dynamic game undergoing constant development and refinement, that attempts to balance playability with fresh and innovative features.

Moderator: Content Developer

Licho
Zero-K Developer

Re: Widget spam

Post by Licho »

Then we could use list of categories and pane on right.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Licho wrote:Then we could use list of categories and pane on right.
Fine, I'll take a stab at this.
Saktoth wrote:Effects, however, is back to only two options.
Enable the Stereo3D and go to effects again (sorry, enabling it makes the menu close) and you'll see it there. In fact I plan to do this with lots of widgets so the menus will get larger as I add more settings to existing widgets.
Saktoth wrote:B. A way to display toggle buttons on the button itself (All these buttons marked 'Toggle X' is bad, a light or tick boxto the left of the panel or such would be better).
This is just laziness on my part. A checkbox would be better than a button in these cases, but I'd have to put more work into it to detect which widgets are loaded at the time. As usual I want to do this, but it's on a huge list of things to add. So for some things, I just have a button. I originally named it CRUDE menu for a reason. I just wanted to throw together all the functionality that was in CA Interface before it, using purely buttons in a quick and easy manner (I was alternately thinking of naming it something like "button menu"). But then like any project, it exploded and I added a zillion more things to it like widget list, flag chooser, custom widget settings using the Meltrax specification, a tooltip and unit info (split off), a barber pole and propellers.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Augh, no, dont add new options when you enable something. Then you're left guessing and confused. There should be tabs, each with a pane full up of checkboxes, sliders and drop down lists. If a widget really needs lots of customization, add a box which opens up another window (IE, there is a 'stereo3d' checkbox, and next to it a button which launches a window with all its options).

These should be no more than one level deep beyond the main, tabbed menu.

Really though, if you wanted all the old CA menu functionality, you'd need unitinfo. That thing was great (Ideally it should also include modstats cost effectiveness, outputted regularly into a static file from modstats- actually the unitguide should include that).

I know this is all long term but if you want to fix widget bloating, a robust menu is the way forward.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Saktoth wrote:Really though, if you wanted all the old CA menu functionality, you'd need unitinfo.
How many times do I need to tell you that's already done, and has been there for nearly a year? Would pictures get the message across?

Please let this be the last time you ask.
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

CarRepairer wrote:Image
Not in Chili Tip New though. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't there until on a hunch I switched to (old) Chili Tip.

Port it over?
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Nah this will be a separate widget from tooltips. jK's widget is not so much a tooltip as it only shows you info about selected units.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Yeah not exactly the same.

Look that even has tabs and multiple windows.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Saktoth wrote:Look that even has tabs and multiple windows.
That widget is awful, the text is unreadable and blurry.

Anyway I'm changing it so you can see multiple unit infos at once.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

The image is scaled down you fool. D:

The widget was great.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

You can now view as many unit infos as you want at a time.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

personally, what i have done with my personal lua is combine it all into 1 tribulex widget. this makes it much more efficient, and in the case of a mod, you can have a custom configuration screen. here is a chance for you to use chili. chili has alot of potential but its a fucking slow clunky system. Needs alot of optimization.

Otherwise ca can pay me and i will release my gui system open source which is currently slightly better looking than chili (using the same skinning but has some transitions/effects that chili doesnt have yet), more flexible, and faster than lolui. I am even willing to sell for less than 5000 euros which is a bargain! consider it ca would be flagship of spring!
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Pics or it didnt happen.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Saktoth wrote:Pics or it didnt happen.
Not at all true.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

neddiedrow wrote:
Saktoth wrote:Pics or it didnt happen.
Not at all true.
Neddie neddie neddie. Havent you heard? If you are not being recorded on a digital medium that is then made publicly available, then you do not exist at any more than one moment in time, which immediately passes into oblivion.

Return to “Zero-K”