2 suggestions for improvement - Page 2

2 suggestions for improvement

A dynamic game undergoing constant development and refinement, that attempts to balance playability with fresh and innovative features.

Moderator: Content Developer

quantum

Re: 2 suggestions for improvement

Post by quantum »

I think the hittable volume is the intersection of hitsphere and footprint. That means that if the hitsphere is larger than the footprint (likely), increasing the hitsphere size will not make the unit more vulnerable.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

quantum wrote:I think the hittable volume is the intersection of hitsphere and footprint. That means that if the hitsphere is larger than the footprint (likely), increasing the hitsphere size will not make the unit more vulnerable.
False. Footprint is purely for pathing and unit avoidance.
My graphics bugged so I now see the default spring cloaking graphics. To fix your issue you could try many gfx cards until your graphics bugs.
Agree, it should have both the swirly colour effect and the transparent unit underneath.
quantum

Post by quantum »

Saktoth wrote:
quantum wrote:I think the hittable volume is the intersection of hitsphere and footprint. That means that if the hitsphere is larger than the footprint (likely), increasing the hitsphere size will not make the unit more vulnerable.
False. Footprint is purely for pathing and unit avoidance.
Last time I tried, a unit with 0 footprint was unhittable. Lasers would fly through, only nearby explosions would damage it.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

quantum wrote:Last time I tried, a unit with 0 footprint was unhittable. Lasers would fly through, only nearby explosions would damage it.
It may be due to the hit volume change or it may be due to the collisionvolumetest we have on all units, but this isnt the case, i tested.

Return to “Zero-K”