Bug

Bug

A dynamic game undergoing constant development and refinement, that attempts to balance playability with fresh and innovative features.

Moderator: Content Developer

Viktor87

Bug

Post by Viktor87 »

So I downloaded stable version 6302 recently... I played a game through once against one bot, no problem. Every game I have played since then reliably crashes on the same error, 5-10 minutes into the game.
Error message titled content error says " Could not load S30 texture from file unittextures/" So far 4 successive games have crashed this way.

I looked at the replays and it seems the crash happens when one of the computer players tries to build a particular unit. Not sure which but my suspicions are on the Core infantry bot factory or something in it.
Anyone else having this problem? Any way to fix it? If it's a problem with my install of 6302, can it be dealt with without reinstalling spring?
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Re: Bug

Post by Licho »

Try to discover what unit it is it can then be fixed.
Viktor87

Post by Viktor87 »

Caught it, I think. It's the Core multirole fighter, the Avenger. I played as Core and methodically build every single unit. The game reliably crashes as soon as I attempt to build one Avenger. No other unit seems to cause this crash.
Is it just me having this problem? Is it a bug or something wrong with my install? It happens in the latest test build as well, btw.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Hmm I tried it and its fine..

No crash (at least in test version)..

You can try deleting content of pool folder and redownloading CA.
Viktor87

Post by Viktor87 »

Thanks. That seems to have solved the issue. By the way, the avenger is one of the best looking units in CA, IMO :)

Return to “Zero-K”