How to get more players now? - Page 7

How to get more players now?

A dynamic game undergoing constant development and refinement, that attempts to balance playability with fresh and innovative features.

Moderator: Content Developer

Regret

Re: How to get more players now?

Post by Regret »

luckywaldo7 wrote:But seriously, you need to stop throwing this stuff around. If people try CA and don't like it, that is fair enough. But many people have been scared into not trying it at all.
Maybe they don't want to play it because you attack anyone with religious zeal when he even implies that CA is a mess, and then do nothing with the valuable feedback.

I was repeating that CA is a mess widget-wise for several months now. Not to mention the countless other things I pointed out but nobody gives a shit and says I'm trolling.
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

to pm now

er, you all can carry on
SirMaverick

Post by SirMaverick »

Default screen now cleared.
Attachments
screen.jpg
default screen
(62.6 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Gota

Post by Gota »

I feel that the current default cursor in CA feels "fat" and clumsy.
Anyone else shares this opinion?
det

Post by det »

I agree, I use Masse cursors.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Maybe change the default one to the TA one or make a new cursor that feels more precise and "slim"?
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

mouse cursor should end in a point. otherwise you're pointing somewhere around there.. not sure where exactly. Not that the precision always matters, but to me rounded cursors just feel wrong.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

I would be alot more interested if CA finally stabalized into a 1.0. atm it feels futile to get good at CA when within two weeks the balance can dramaticly change.

the lack of other CA players makes it hard to get games
smokingwreckage

Post by smokingwreckage »

To reiterate: CA Chickens team games are some of the best fun you can have with Spring.
pintle

Post by pintle »

Complaining about player numbers/time to start games is bullshit imo. XTA has been steadily gaining in regular players for the past few months. There will undoubtedly be bleed towards BA, there always is, but I don't see it as a major contributing factor, or at least one worth any serious dev time/consideration.

On a tangent, Regret is one of spring's worst trolls. I have seen him antagonise many people, completely deliberately. I have never once seen Car attack somebody without qualification (ie Regret flamebaiting or w/e) and his contributions have been consistently based off of good intentions.

Regret being in a game puts me off playing it to a far greater degree than the mod/map choice, or player numbers.
If you want to flame me over this, you better have something better than the usual "clueless newbie" crap you throw about
Regret

Post by Regret »

pintle wrote:Complaining about player numbers/time to start games is bullshit imo. XTA has been steadily gaining in regular players for the past few months. There will undoubtedly be bleed towards BA, there always is, but I don't see it as a major contributing factor, or at least one worth any serious dev time/consideration.

On a tangent, Regret is one of spring's worst trolls. I have seen him antagonise many people, completely deliberately. I have never once seen Car attack somebody without qualification (ie Regret flamebaiting or w/e) and his contributions have been consistently based off of good intentions.

Regret being in a game puts me off playing it to a far greater degree than the mod/map choice, or player numbers.
If you want to flame me over this, you better have something better than the usual "clueless newbie" crap you throw about
Yea I'm sure I am the reason people don't play CA. That's the sole purpose I'm playing CA in the first place.
clueless newbie, xta sucks
pintle

Post by pintle »

Regret wrote:
pintle wrote:Complaining about player numbers/time to start games is bullshit imo. XTA has been steadily gaining in regular players for the past few months. There will undoubtedly be bleed towards BA, there always is, but I don't see it as a major contributing factor, or at least one worth any serious dev time/consideration.

Yea I'm sure I am the reason people don't play CA. That's the sole purpose I'm playing CA in the first place.
clueless newbie, xta sucks
Im loath to indulge you and escalate this...

You are not even the primary reason I don't play much CA, don't flatter yourself/make such a pathetically transparent straw man. All I wanted to do was point out how consistently counter productive your forum/lobby outpourings are.
Regret

Post by Regret »

pintle wrote:Im loath to indulge you and escalate this...

You are not even the primary reason I don't play much CA, don't flatter yourself/make such a pathetically transparent straw man. All I wanted to do was point out how consistently counter productive your forum/lobby outpourings are.
SirMaverick

Post by SirMaverick »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:I would be alot more interested if CA finally stabalized into a 1.0. atm it feels futile to get good at CA when within two weeks the balance can dramaticly change.
There wasn't any dramatic change in balanced the last months. Tweaks, but not more.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Yeah brawlers fly 10% higher, but now i tweaked it back so only 5% higher :)
Gota

Post by Gota »

Should have given it more time...
I don't advise you to revert changed so fast.
You need to give a change at least 2 months before reverting IMO.
That's not much especially with CA's small tester numbers but at least that...
SirMaverick

Post by SirMaverick »

Gota wrote:You need to give a change at least 2 months before reverting IMO.
Relevant is only in how many games it has been tested. If enough seen it and most agree to revert it, there is no reason to keep it 2 months.
pintle

Post by pintle »

I would have thought emergent balance and diversity of options would appeal to hardcore competitive players. A lot of people's fond memories of AA cite the same thing.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

It is definitely one of the few reasons I still come back to play at times.
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Oh, i watched the replay and it turned out that except some initial building placement his(CarReparier) whole game was played by some kind of AI widget script unless he claims he can issue multiple commands per frame.
That would be his retreat widget. It automatically tells units to turn around when they reach low hp, this reduces their DPS and causes them to bunch with healthy units causing them to be much more vunerable to inaccuracy and AOE. If by some slim chance a cowardly unit survives the ordeal it will run back at the enemy on it's own and die.

Return to “Zero-K”