How to get more players now? - Page 7

How to get more players now?

A dynamic game undergoing constant development and refinement, that attempts to balance playability with fresh and innovative features.

Moderator: Content Developer

Regret
Posts: 2086
Joined: 18 Aug 2007, 19:04

Re: How to get more players now?

Post by Regret »

luckywaldo7 wrote:But seriously, you need to stop throwing this stuff around. If people try CA and don't like it, that is fair enough. But many people have been scared into not trying it at all.
Maybe they don't want to play it because you attack anyone with religious zeal when he even implies that CA is a mess, and then do nothing with the valuable feedback.

I was repeating that CA is a mess widget-wise for several months now. Not to mention the countless other things I pointed out but nobody gives a shit and says I'm trolling.
luckywaldo7
Posts: 1398
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 04:36

Re: How to get more players now?

Post by luckywaldo7 »

to pm now

er, you all can carry on
SirMaverick
Posts: 834
Joined: 19 May 2009, 21:10

Re: How to get more players now?

Post by SirMaverick »

Default screen now cleared.
Image
Attachments
screen.jpg
default screen
(62.6 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
User avatar
Gota
Posts: 7151
Joined: 11 Jan 2008, 16:55

Re: How to get more players now?

Post by Gota »

I feel that the current default cursor in CA feels "fat" and clumsy.
Anyone else shares this opinion?
User avatar
det
Moderator
Posts: 737
Joined: 26 Nov 2005, 11:22

Re: How to get more players now?

Post by det »

I agree, I use Masse cursors.
User avatar
Gota
Posts: 7151
Joined: 11 Jan 2008, 16:55

Re: How to get more players now?

Post by Gota »

Maybe change the default one to the TA one or make a new cursor that feels more precise and "slim"?
User avatar
momfreeek
Posts: 625
Joined: 29 Apr 2008, 16:50

Re: How to get more players now?

Post by momfreeek »

mouse cursor should end in a point. otherwise you're pointing somewhere around there.. not sure where exactly. Not that the precision always matters, but to me rounded cursors just feel wrong.
User avatar
1v0ry_k1ng
Posts: 4656
Joined: 10 Mar 2006, 10:24

Re: How to get more players now?

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

I would be alot more interested if CA finally stabalized into a 1.0. atm it feels futile to get good at CA when within two weeks the balance can dramaticly change.

the lack of other CA players makes it hard to get games
smokingwreckage
Posts: 327
Joined: 09 Apr 2005, 11:40

Re: How to get more players now?

Post by smokingwreckage »

To reiterate: CA Chickens team games are some of the best fun you can have with Spring.
pintle
Posts: 1762
Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 16:01

Re: How to get more players now?

Post by pintle »

Complaining about player numbers/time to start games is bullshit imo. XTA has been steadily gaining in regular players for the past few months. There will undoubtedly be bleed towards BA, there always is, but I don't see it as a major contributing factor, or at least one worth any serious dev time/consideration.

On a tangent, Regret is one of spring's worst trolls. I have seen him antagonise many people, completely deliberately. I have never once seen Car attack somebody without qualification (ie Regret flamebaiting or w/e) and his contributions have been consistently based off of good intentions.

Regret being in a game puts me off playing it to a far greater degree than the mod/map choice, or player numbers.
If you want to flame me over this, you better have something better than the usual "clueless newbie" crap you throw about
Regret
Posts: 2086
Joined: 18 Aug 2007, 19:04

Re: How to get more players now?

Post by Regret »

pintle wrote:Complaining about player numbers/time to start games is bullshit imo. XTA has been steadily gaining in regular players for the past few months. There will undoubtedly be bleed towards BA, there always is, but I don't see it as a major contributing factor, or at least one worth any serious dev time/consideration.

On a tangent, Regret is one of spring's worst trolls. I have seen him antagonise many people, completely deliberately. I have never once seen Car attack somebody without qualification (ie Regret flamebaiting or w/e) and his contributions have been consistently based off of good intentions.

Regret being in a game puts me off playing it to a far greater degree than the mod/map choice, or player numbers.
If you want to flame me over this, you better have something better than the usual "clueless newbie" crap you throw about
Yea I'm sure I am the reason people don't play CA. That's the sole purpose I'm playing CA in the first place.
clueless newbie, xta sucks
pintle
Posts: 1762
Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 16:01

Re: How to get more players now?

Post by pintle »

Regret wrote:
pintle wrote:Complaining about player numbers/time to start games is bullshit imo. XTA has been steadily gaining in regular players for the past few months. There will undoubtedly be bleed towards BA, there always is, but I don't see it as a major contributing factor, or at least one worth any serious dev time/consideration.

On a tangent, Regret is one of spring's worst trolls. I have seen him antagonise many people, completely deliberately. I have never once seen Car attack somebody without qualification (ie Regret flamebaiting or w/e) and his contributions have been consistently based off of good intentions.

Regret being in a game puts me off playing it to a far greater degree than the mod/map choice, or player numbers.
If you want to flame me over this, you better have something better than the usual "clueless newbie" crap you throw about
Yea I'm sure I am the reason people don't play CA. That's the sole purpose I'm playing CA in the first place.
clueless newbie, xta sucks
Im loath to indulge you and escalate this...

You are not even the primary reason I don't play much CA, don't flatter yourself/make such a pathetically transparent straw man. All I wanted to do was point out how consistently counter productive your forum/lobby outpourings are.
Regret
Posts: 2086
Joined: 18 Aug 2007, 19:04

Re: How to get more players now?

Post by Regret »

pintle wrote:Im loath to indulge you and escalate this...

You are not even the primary reason I don't play much CA, don't flatter yourself/make such a pathetically transparent straw man. All I wanted to do was point out how consistently counter productive your forum/lobby outpourings are.
Image
SirMaverick
Posts: 834
Joined: 19 May 2009, 21:10

Re: How to get more players now?

Post by SirMaverick »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:I would be alot more interested if CA finally stabalized into a 1.0. atm it feels futile to get good at CA when within two weeks the balance can dramaticly change.
There wasn't any dramatic change in balanced the last months. Tweaks, but not more.
User avatar
Licho
Zero-K Developer
Posts: 3803
Joined: 19 May 2006, 19:13

Re: How to get more players now?

Post by Licho »

Yeah brawlers fly 10% higher, but now i tweaked it back so only 5% higher :)
User avatar
Gota
Posts: 7151
Joined: 11 Jan 2008, 16:55

Re: How to get more players now?

Post by Gota »

Should have given it more time...
I don't advise you to revert changed so fast.
You need to give a change at least 2 months before reverting IMO.
That's not much especially with CA's small tester numbers but at least that...
SirMaverick
Posts: 834
Joined: 19 May 2009, 21:10

Re: How to get more players now?

Post by SirMaverick »

Gota wrote:You need to give a change at least 2 months before reverting IMO.
Relevant is only in how many games it has been tested. If enough seen it and most agree to revert it, there is no reason to keep it 2 months.
pintle
Posts: 1762
Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 16:01

Re: How to get more players now?

Post by pintle »

I would have thought emergent balance and diversity of options would appeal to hardcore competitive players. A lot of people's fond memories of AA cite the same thing.
User avatar
Neddie
Community Lead
Posts: 9406
Joined: 10 Apr 2006, 05:05

Re: How to get more players now?

Post by Neddie »

It is definitely one of the few reasons I still come back to play at times.
Google_Frog
Moderator
Posts: 2451
Joined: 12 Oct 2007, 09:24

Re: How to get more players now?

Post by Google_Frog »

Oh, i watched the replay and it turned out that except some initial building placement his(CarReparier) whole game was played by some kind of AI widget script unless he claims he can issue multiple commands per frame.
That would be his retreat widget. It automatically tells units to turn around when they reach low hp, this reduces their DPS and causes them to bunch with healthy units causing them to be much more vunerable to inaccuracy and AOE. If by some slim chance a cowardly unit survives the ordeal it will run back at the enemy on it's own and die.
Post Reply

Return to “Zero-K”