Nanolathe prepare times

Nanolathe prepare times

A dynamic game undergoing constant development and refinement, that attempts to balance playability with fresh and innovative features.

Moderator: Content Developer

PhailQuail

Nanolathe prepare times

Post by PhailQuail »

The ARM construction vehicle seems to take forever to start construction, even more annoying is when finishing one building and starting a new one, since it has to "pack-up" and than "un-pack" right after, and this takes a very... long... time.

Since this isn't for balancing purposes (and if it is, sigh), why not make these animations a lot faster, and not just for the ARM conveh, but for everything.

Having to wait 1 second (or in some cases, more) for construction to start is simply irritating.
Noruas
XTA Developer

Re: Nanolathe prepare times

Post by Noruas »

i suggest you use these. Image
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

I had the exact complaint back when I was playing Total Annihilation... it drove me to use nothing but air-cons.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

PhailQuail wrote:The ARM construction vehicle seems to take forever to start construction, even more annoying is when finishing one building and starting a new one, since it has to "pack-up" and than "un-pack" right after, and this takes a very... long... time.

Since this isn't for balancing purposes (and if it is, sigh), why not make these animations a lot faster, and not just for the ARM conveh, but for everything.

Having to wait 1 second (or in some cases, more) for construction to start is simply irritating.
yeah i made a bit of a mistake with that script (if you are talking about my con truck, which iirc CR changed armconveh model to) in not putting a delay before starting the packup sequence. although i thought CR fixed that too :/
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Prettymuch all units unpack very quickly and then stay unpacked for some time, not needing to unpack again when they switch tasks. This is faster and requires less pack/unpack time than any OTA mod.

If its a new model/script thing, well, thats clearly an error...

Why did you replace the arm/nova conveh? Firstly, pressure your models are clearly logos/core in looks, and secondly the is done specifically for us by a 3rd party (though it is 3do).
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Well is it really third party, aren't 3do's using TA textures? I don't know. I find we are in this vicious circle where we can't advertise to get new modellers because we have OTA IP but we won't have replaced OTA IP until we get all new models. I thought if the con truck is a decent model then why not take one more step forward. It's not nova enough.. do you want a con truck that looks like a sports car? When someone makes it we can replace it. But if we replace everything now we can freely promote ourselves in new venues. If it's an absolutely terrible move then make a poll to revert it, that's what it's for.

And the nano arm does stay open for 3 seconds, I fixed the script afaik except I borked the opening animation where it looks dismembered. I'll take a look at it but I thought midknight was fixing it the other day.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

Saktoth wrote:Why did you replace the arm/nova conveh? Firstly, pressure your models are clearly logos/core in looks, and secondly the is done specifically for us by a 3rd party (though it is 3do).
I didn't do squat ;) I just uploaded it to PD'd it and uploaded to modelbase, ask CarRep why it was added as Nova convech.

*edit* CR: check your scriptor constants, specifically that the linear is 65536 and the angular is 182 (that being what the script was originally written and compiled for)
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

jK has replaced 60% of the OTA textures with new, high-res, origional art. As long as we ensure we are only using the 60% (which are the most used ones anyway) then we are IP free.
ask CarRep why it was added as Nova convech.
Yeah, id like to know that, Car...
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

If jK can tell me which parts haven't been replaced, I have a lot of original textures here I've been toying with, so I can sub some in for the remainder.

I assume Car did it on a whim.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Yes, I did it on a whim. If it's so utterly logos that everyone feels the old conveh needs to be returned, make a poll and it's just a few revert clicks away. Easy as pie.

We've reached a stagnation point where debating the merits of various models can take ages. I want to see the percentage of CA model replacement reach 100% eventually. If that means dropping in a few models that might not be perfectly suitable then so be it. If it's reverted, no harm. If not, we've moved closer by a percent. Wee.

Complete Annihilation progress: 41% (113 models out of 259 (44%) are still Cavedog)

Return to “Zero-K”