Last night at Oxygen

Last night at Oxygen

A dynamic game undergoing constant development and refinement, that attempts to balance playability with fresh and innovative features.

Moderator: Content Developer

SirMaverick

Last night at Oxygen

Post by SirMaverick »

This thread is about: "Just a collection of people abusing their privileges on an autohost."

I'm just posting relevant chat logs. Not much left if you remove all the insults.
Complete chatlogs and replay are available here: http://springrts.dyndns.org:8080/lastnightatoxygen.html
** Yogzototh left the battle( ).
** [WE]NotYog joined the battle.
Yogzototh got a smurf account.
<[CAT]ceiling> so yog, why u smurfin
<[WE]NotYog> imblending with the surrounding enviroment
<[CAT]ceiling> no you're not
<[CAT]ceiling> you're the only one-stripe smurf i see here
<[CAT]smurf> !votekick yog
<[WE]NotYog> i hope you will kick regret after that
<[CAT]ceiling> what for?
* Oxygen vote successful - kicking [WE]NotYog
Regret (using his [CAT]smurf account) didn't like that much.

First game is starting.
** [WE]NotYog joined the battle.
<[CAT]smurf> pfew
<[CAT]smurf> fuken saved
<[WE]NotYog> for being a fucking smurf maybe?
<[CAT]ceiling> lold
<[WE]NotYog> !votekick smurf
<[WE]NotYog> oh what is it? havent you kicked a smuirf just a minute ago?
[[CAT]ceiling]stop trying to ruin the game
* Oxygen not enough votes, player stays
First game ends with Regret pwning the game (2 bases dgunned, at least 1 com napped etc.). Game ends after about 10 minutes.

Second game starts:
north: expack[D_Force] [CAT]loong muffa [WE]NotYog
vs.
south: [CAT]smurf [CAT]ceiling Ralith DocBrown

Teams were not imbalanced imo. South team just did more errors. Highlights:

[CAT]loong did a com drop DocBrown's base, he self-destructed immediately, giving 1.4k metal to the other team.
Regret did some com drops, killing 2 factory and fusion and other stuff. Regret later napped 1 com, the transporter got killed, com dropped onto an approaching enemy army - blowing most of it. He napped a second com, unfortunately the transporter got killed and the com landed in a team base, killing it. He lost another com in a later another attempt to com drop, but the com dropped on a fusion. South team also lost a cloaked com walking to enemy base: E-stall, com uncloaked and got killed by 2 Penetrators.
<[CAT]smurf> !votekick yog
* Oxygen vote successful - kicking [WE]NotYog
Game was still going on.
<[CAT]smurf> !votekick expack
<[CAT]loong> why kick him?
<[CAT]smurf> we kick your team
<[CAT]smurf> we win
* Oxygen vote successful - kicking expack[D_Force]
Watch the replay to decide weather the game was already lost for south or not.
<[CAT]smurf> !votekick muffa
<DIX> !endvote
DIX tried to stop votes.
<[CAT]smurf> kick dix
<DIX> no kicking of players to win
[[CAT]ceiling] !kick dix
Player DIX has been kicked
Stopping Regrets votes wasn't welcome.
<[CAT]loong> !endvote
<[CAT]smurf> !votekick muffa
> poll cancelled
<DIX> I will save you muffa!
<[CAT]smurf> !votekick dix
<[CAT]smurf> gtfo
<[WE]NotYog> can we just ban regret
<[WE]NotYog> for votekicking every time he feels he is going to lose
Legitimate question.
<[CAT]ceiling> why does dix have admin rights?
<[WE]NotYog> oh ceilng what is it?
<[CAT]smurf> ceiling has rights
<[CAT]smurf> hahahahaha
<[CAT]smurf> hahah
* Oxygen vote successful - kicking DIX
Kicked again.
<[WE]NotYog> !votekick smurf
** Regret joined the battle.
<Regret> !vote 2
** Regret left the battle
<[WE]NotYog> oh look
EDIT: Added notes when first game started. Replay added too.
EDIT2: Added direct link to chatlogs.
Last edited by SirMaverick on 19 May 2009, 23:59, edited 2 times in total.
Peet
Malcontent

Re: Last night at Oxygen

Post by Peet »

I find reading player-drama to be a bit like those celebrity watch shows. It's kind of a nice feeling as every single brain cell forcibly shuts down to avoid damage from the experience.
Regret

Post by Regret »

Why dont you post replays of both games instead of pulling quotes out of context ;)
jennington

Post by jennington »

What exactly is this thread about? All I see are random quotes stitched together to the point that they make no sense. Can you please enlighten me, dear op? I feel like explaining the truth about the quoted situations but tbh cba, this thread is such unnecessary bs to me :roll:
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Just a collection of people abusing their privileges on an autohost.
SirMaverick

Post by SirMaverick »

Regret wrote:Why dont you post replays of both games instead of pulling quotes out of context ;)
Added notes, when this first game started. Replay added too.
What is out of context?
jennington wrote:Can you please enlighten me, dear op?
[CAT]smurf (Regret) started successfully a vote to kick a smurf. That smurf then started a vote to kick [CAT]smurf.
Later [CAT]smurf (with help from [CAT]ceiling) started to votekick the opposing team in a game he was loosing. 2 Players were kicked, he still lost.

For full story read complete chatlogs (as linked above): http://springrts.dyndns.org:8080/chatlog.txt
neddiedrow wrote:Just a collection of people abusing their privileges on an autohost.
+1
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

jennington wrote:What exactly is this thread about? All I see are random quotes stitched together to the point that they make no sense. Can you please enlighten me, dear op? I feel like explaining the truth about the quoted situations but tbh cba, this thread is such unnecessary bs to me :roll:
neddiedrow wrote:Just a collection of people abusing their privileges on an autohost.
you do realize that jennington is [CAT]ceiling, correct?

anyways, could someone please just post the entire unabridged chatlog and clear this up?
SirMaverick

Post by SirMaverick »

Peet wrote:I find reading player-drama to be a bit like those celebrity watch shows. It's kind of a nice feeling as every single brain cell forcibly shuts down to avoid damage from the experience.
+1

Problem is that CA has a small community and it happened at the only CA autohost with the latest version. Not much people can or do host CA.
Last edited by SirMaverick on 19 May 2009, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.
SirMaverick

Post by SirMaverick »

MidKnight wrote:you do realize that jennington is [CAT]ceiling, correct?
No I didn't. I don't know any nicks of any player in spring community.
anyways, could someone please just post the entire unabridged chatlog and clear this up?
You really want me to post more than 1000 lines of chatlog here? It's linked above: http://springrts.dyndns.org:8080/chatlog.txt
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

TBH the [CAT] Retardation in Oxygen is getting over the top

Double voting with smurf accounts

votekicking in block etc...
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

MidKnight wrote:You do realize that jennington's forum avatar looks suspiciously similar to one of Pressure Line's ex-girlfriends?
jennington

Post by jennington »

Otherside wrote:TBH the [CAT] Retardation in Oxygen is getting over the top

Double voting with smurf accounts

votekicking in block etc...
Don't blame the tag, silly [DOG]. We're all invidividuals, different shades of the rainbow and so on. Many [CAT]s never participate in such actions. Also, y so srs? :(

The only retardation here is you moaning about things you don't understand :(
Pressure Line wrote:
MidKnight wrote:You do realize that jennington's forum avatar looks suspiciously similar to one of Pressure Line's ex-girlfriends?
You wish :wink:

Btw, the only "abuse of privileges" that night was by DIX, which is the reason I finally kicked him, as quoted. Votekicking is hardly abuse of anything since anyone can, you know, !vote 2 if they want to :roll: It's just democracy.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

That argument is fallacious. Whether a murder is conducted under the auspices of mob rule, under the command of a dictator or with the full support of the population, it remains a murder. Same with the abuse of a fixed system.
Regret

Post by Regret »

neddiedrow wrote:That argument is fallacious. Whether a murder is conducted under the auspices of mob rule, under the command of a dictator or with the full support of the population, it remains a murder. Same with the abuse of a fixed system.
You made a judgment call without knowing the situation and then you proceed to compare murder to votekicking, TROLOLO
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

All I did was state that the assertion that votekicking cannot be an abuse of power is flawed, which it is. I don't really care about this affair, I do care about assumptions and poor arguments.
SirMaverick

Post by SirMaverick »

jennington wrote:Btw, the only "abuse of privileges" that night was by DIX, which is the reason I finally kicked him, as quoted. Votekicking is hardly abuse of anything since anyone can, you know, !vote 2 if they want to :roll: It's just democracy.
A votekick is democratic - every player has the same right to start and vote. Yes.

Regret started to votekick the whole opposing team in order to win. There was no reason to kick any of these players. He used his rights (votekick) to gain personal benefit (to win a lost game) - this is abuse of rights.
DIX tried to stop that. You kicked DIX. Helping someone to abuse is abuse, too.
YHCIR

Post by YHCIR »

SirMaverick wrote:
Peet wrote:I find reading player-drama to be a bit like those celebrity watch shows. It's kind of a nice feeling as every single brain cell forcibly shuts down to avoid damage from the experience.
+1

Problem is that CA has a small community and it happened at the only CA autohost with the latest version. Not much people can or do host CA.
QTF

Also there seems to be too many idiots with admin rights on oxygen. A few days ago someone did !cheats during a game (near the end, but game was not over).
reivanen

Post by reivanen »

YHCIR wrote:Also there seems to be too many idiots with admin rights on oxygen. A few days ago someone did !cheats during a game (near the end, but game was not over).
That was DIX for you, allright. I don't know why he has rights in the first place. I think he must be personal friends with some of the bot owners, since i have seen him gettin away with a "warning" with things that other ppl have got direct and unwarned stripping of rights from.

We need a new autohost with responsible maintainers. Trolling around is not fun, and it gets outrageous when someone trolls with admin rights.
reivanen

Post by reivanen »

SirMaverick wrote:A votekick is democratic - every player has the same right to start and vote. Yes.

Regret started to votekick the whole opposing team in order to win. There was no reason to kick any of these players. He used his rights (votekick) to gain personal benefit (to win a lost game) - this is abuse of rights.
DIX tried to stop that. You kicked DIX. Helping someone to abuse is abuse, too.
You don't seem to get the point, do you? Someone starting a votekick for the personal benefit of his balls to stop aching while about to loose a game is not abuse of power. It is a question to the co-players: Do you want to do this?

When someone does not like that question, and uses his rights levels to do !endvote, THAT is abuse of PRIVILEGES given. I can see why abuse like this results in a votekick - the community does not tolerate it. The only good thing here is he didn't end the vote to kick him with another endvote.

I won't comment on the part was the vote trolling or not, but probably it wasn't if the vote succeeded - atleast it was what the playerbase wanted.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

This is really dumb excuse.

Its abuse of the loophole in the system. Obviously it wasnt designed to work this way. In the heat of game people often miss the vote and its enough to have 2 votes to kick.

Its not abuse of power though, its abuse of the bug/bad design in springie.

This does not make it more desirable.

If faulty ATM allows me to take money from someone'else account its still a theft and abuse, even if "system" allows it.

Return to “Zero-K”