Complete Annihilation News - Page 4

Complete Annihilation News

A dynamic game undergoing constant development and refinement, that attempts to balance playability with fresh and innovative features.

Moderator: Content Developer

Otherside

Post by Otherside »

CA on lowest settings still looks nice and is way more reasonable spec wise than any modern rts
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

Engine Of Darkness wrote:I'm with you that laser should look and act like laser, but hell no, don't turn back to "old style 1999" grapics. I don't play spring at highest settings (at lowest actually). And honestly I'm against supporting <1.5 ghz systems with onboard/ gf 5 generation cards till kingdom come.
Ehm, what's the problem? You also can make beam lasers look good - you don't have to take the old ones. Basically you just have to stream the current ones and maybe you just have to set the beam tag to 1 for this... :wink:

So no need to get aggressive here and I have a decent system thanks for asking...
the-middleman

Post by the-middleman »

I totally like the lasers the way they are. What I dont like is that huge explosions like buildings blowing up or commanders still look crappy. They need more flashy stuff obviously
Engine Of Darkness

Post by Engine Of Darkness »

[Krogoth86] wrote:
Engine Of Darkness wrote:I'm with you that laser should look and act like laser, but hell no, don't turn back to "old style 1999" grapics. I don't play spring at highest settings (at lowest actually). And honestly I'm against supporting <1.5 ghz systems with onboard/ gf 5 generation cards till kingdom come.
Ehm, what's the problem? You also can make beam lasers look good - you don't have to take the old ones. Basically you just have to stream the current ones and maybe you just have to set the beam tag to 1 for this... :wink:

So no need to get aggressive here and I have a decent system thanks for asking...
I was actually agreeing with you on the laser :roll: . Furthermore I said I was against using "old" stuff.

If I would've been aggressive that post would look totally different, just by the way :wink: .
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

Engine Of Darkness wrote:I was actually agreeing with you on the laser :roll: . Furthermore I said I was against using "old" stuff.

If I would've been aggressive that post would look totally different, just by the way :wink: .
Oh - ok sorry then. I just thought that you were sarcastic in the first part and the
Engine Of Darkness wrote:If your computer can't handle the mod, don't play it, there are enough other mods. Oh that's booring? Problem on your end.
was directed towards me... :wink:
smoth

Post by smoth »

I think ca looked fine earlier, I look forward to trying out this latest version.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

BTW, I think the OTA manual actually says those lasers are really plasma weapons but they get called lasers out of habit.
Argh

Post by Argh »

I'm going to try this out tonight, guys. Been awhile since I looked at CA, and this looks like an awesome release :-)
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

KDR_11k wrote:BTW, I think the OTA manual actually says those lasers are really plasma weapons but they get called lasers out of habit.
If I'm right it said lasers are lasers, those spheric shots is plasma locked in a magnetic field and the Annihilator is a tachyon beam...
Mr.Frumious

Post by Mr.Frumious »

[Krogoth86] wrote:
KDR_11k wrote:BTW, I think the OTA manual actually says those lasers are really plasma weapons but they get called lasers out of habit.
If I'm right it said lasers are lasers, those spheric shots is plasma locked in a magnetic field and the Annihilator is a tachyon beam...
The "tachyon" thing is slightly hilarious, since "tachyon" means "faster than light". While the annihilator shots do move faster than laser beams, they're both hilariously slow considering what they're supposed to be.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

It said the Anni is an energy weapon that freezes the shot using a time grid while adding more energy. The resulting shot is 58 nanometers in diameter and melts right through the armor, with the molten bits of the armor destroying the internals of the target. There was never any mention of tachyons IIRC, that word was added in AA or maybe UH.
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

Mr.Frumious wrote:
[Krogoth86] wrote:
The "tachyon" thing is slightly hilarious, since "tachyon" means "faster than light". While the annihilator shots do move faster than laser beams, they're both hilariously slow considering what they're supposed to be.
Things going faster then light would appear to move backwards, I think.
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

...if they'd appear at all. blue lasers look too cool though ^^
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

Love the realatively flame free discussion here guys, but I certainly think cool looking outweighs realism on this one.
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

I found a minor flaw:
I think the origins of the Nano-Barrels are wrong for the Core Pinchy. When they are extended they float in the air...
quantum

Post by quantum »

Thanks, it's fixed now.
rcdraco

this is dumb

Post by rcdraco »

This sounds dumb, but can you make it so they can terraform a road to make things go faster?
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

quantum

Post by quantum »

Ugh. What's free? FA?

Seriously though, I knew about that when we chose this name. It's unlikely that anyone will confuse that CA with our CA.

By the way, I know you're not being serious, but it's not my mod. CA belongs to all its contributors. My own commits compose less than half of the total commits.
quantum

Post by quantum »

News since the last update:

Transports automatically pick-up units emerging from factories and they them to the factory's rally point. This behaviour can be toggled by pressing the "Embark" or "Disembark" buttons in the factory's command options.

BigHead's nanobuttons gadget manages reclaiming, repairing and attacking.
Any units that gets close is the target of an automatic, priority reclaim attempt. Even planes flying overhead!

Don't let your artillery wander in range of turrets with very_bad_soldier's unit ranges widget. It draws the range of turrets and anti-nukes on the map.

Some ennemies have chosen the same color as your allies? See clearly in the mess by drawing your units in green and enemy units in red.

Don't like Complete Annihilation's cursor set? Choose your favorite in four additional cursor sets.

Your fusions keep blowing up because you forget to build anti-intrusion devices? CA will now warn you, if you forgot to build a crucial unit. Supports storage, seismic-detector, anti-nuke and anti-air checks.
Customize the time at which the reminder is triggered.

And many balance changes!
See the complete change log here.

Features I forgot to mention last time:

Keep your game smooth with the frame rate manage. Automatically scales detail to keep the frame rate at the desired level.

See what your allies are ordering by enabling the "Draw ally commands" option in the display menu.

Download at http://caspring.org, as usual.

Return to “Zero-K”