Complete Annihilation News - Page 2

Complete Annihilation News

A dynamic game undergoing constant development and refinement, that attempts to balance playability with fresh and innovative features.

Moderator: Content Developer

BrainDamage
Lobby Developer

Post by BrainDamage »

for linux users:

the first time

Code: Select all

svn co  http://snapshot.caspring.org/
to update

svn up
you don't really need a bash script for that, do you? 8)
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

two thumbs up.

one nit though - terraforming looks like porcer's wet dream :P
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

imbaczek wrote:one nit though - terraforming looks like porcer's wet dream
Don't be hatin' :P
quantum

Post by quantum »

The way it's set up at the moment, terraforming can give a false sense of security to porcers. They might think their front is safe only to discover an army of K-Bots on the wrong side of the wall. Also, construction units can restore terrain far more quickly than they can reclaim Dragon's Teeth.

That said, walls provide cover and the fact they often don't stop K-Bots can be used to your advantage. You can also build towers to place your turrets on, or hide your metal extractors in pits.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Can terraforming block LOS without blocking line of fire? Could be used to really evil effect then.
quantum

Post by quantum »

Yes. I saw people wall off Guardians, and I've hidden artillery behind a man-made ridge. You can d-gun through walls too 8)
det

Post by det »

Brain Damage wrote:for linux users:

the first time

svn co  http://snapshot.caspring.org/
to update

svn up
you don't really need a bash script for that, do you? 8)
This doesn't really work because you need to rename ca.sdz to the filename (for isntance ca-r800.sdz). I intend to make the rename happen in svn and add all the mutators. Then this will work perfectly.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Hmm are you sure they need to rename? Perhaps it works even this way :))
Abokasee

Post by Abokasee »

You will tell us how you did terraforming...
duderham

Post by duderham »

Abokasee wrote:You will tell us how you did terraforming...
Aye, this would be useful for my upcoming project
quantum

Post by quantum »

[XIII]Roxas

Post by [XIII]Roxas »

Why is it that during terraforming, the F1 (Heightmap?) is not changed?
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

If it was it'd be exploitable.
Engine Of Darkness

Post by Engine Of Darkness »

I like what I see, it was quite funny seeing KAIK vs RAI in this mod.

Actually KAIK lead the start by pushing units like crazy. Later on RAI choosed it's all day long 24/7 part of building air, and pwned KAI after about 1.30h (with air, and some nukes (like 4), and a few tanks (most of them died very early ingame).

So yeah, KAIK lost because it refused to try AA stuff. Spammed Sumos like hell and lost to tier 1 gunships (RAI even had a exp 8.8 gunship, that thing pwned alot I have to add)

This mod is extremely nice for AI to test, shows what they can actually do.

However I think air is a little bit to untouchable for ground units, atleats from what I saw while the AIs where fighting.
the-middleman

Post by the-middleman »

the caupdater is nice but not really needed. Anyways this is the first time I played CA and I must say I really like it. Graphics are nice and it plays really fast. Good work
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

You cant build terraformers under water. So no, you cant terraform your own path on speedmetal.

Also, does the hardness of a map effect terraforming? I dont think it does but if it did...
the caupdater is nice but not really needed. Anyways this is the first time I played CA and I must say I really like it. Graphics are nice and it plays really fast. Good work
Say that again when you've had to download a 27 MB file 3 times a day to keep up to day with the latest version.

On AA: Its still somewhat WIP. You cant rely on defenders as your primary AA like in other mods. You need to use the heavier types of AA (As unlike in BA, they are actually better) against a dedicated air opponent.
DemO

Post by DemO »

Saktoth wrote:You cant build terraformers under water. So no, you cant terraform your own path on speedmetal.

Also, does the hardness of a map effect terraforming? I dont think it does but if it did...
Say that again when you've had to download a 27 MB file 3 times a day to keep up to day with the latest version.

On AA: Its still somewhat WIP. You cant rely on defenders as your primary AA like in other mods. You need to use the heavier types of AA (As unlike in BA, they are actually better) against a dedicated air opponent.
So what's the point in building defenders at all? When I tested them against ground they were mega fail, so I expected they would be at least half decent against air.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Defenders are great against small fast ground (fleas, bombs, jeffies), to kill llt with comm push and to snipe small air (blastwing).

Blastwing (suicide air) can be annoying in early game and defender kills it better than other AA.

Im building it as a primary def at the back of base against jeffy/flea on larger maps and later add a llt too
the-middleman

Post by the-middleman »

whats this annoying "ping" I hear all the time?
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Ping? What you mean? :) Im getting no pings..

Return to “Zero-K”