Complete Annihilation News - Page 73

Complete Annihilation News

A dynamic game undergoing constant development and refinement, that attempts to balance playability with fresh and innovative features.

Moderator: Content Developer

CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Re: Complete Annihilation News

Post by CarRepairer »

pintle wrote:
Otherside wrote:midknight stop putting crap in the CA thread

Chicken Tag is just a mission that has little to do with CA so should go elsewhere

and the models arent even final (the radar dish is dull/boring/bland) your giving people shitty idea's now gtfo

lol you even troll the CA thread now? GG
Heh, I guess he'd rather that the CA thread just not be bumped and slip away into the history of this subforum because we're not adhering to his standards.

Anyway a mission is just a mutator. But the same can be said of Mr. D's models. They weren't made for CA but CA used them so why show them as exclusively part of CA? Chickendefense might be internal CA lua but it could easily be a mutator like BA chicken defense so maybe chickendefense should not be discussed in this thread either? I made the mission using CA as a base and it has our chicken models. And it's fun, try it!

Google, your new ramping command sounds much easier to use, can't wait to try it out.

Well done maackey and Midknight, the models are neat.
manored

Post by manored »

Well this thread has some considerable periods of void, so I see no problem in fitting these not-that-much-CAfull things in those periods.

By the way, that mod sounds quite interesting. I hope the pace of running is slow though, I hate having to do things in haste :)
quantum

Post by quantum »

+1
CA missions are single-player CA so they have a place here.

I also welcome the return of the news posts! We don't have every day marvelous, paradigm-shattering news to announce to the world, but we need to start again from somewhere.
manored

Post by manored »

quantum wrote: I also welcome the return of the news posts! We don't have every day marvelous, paradigm-shattering news to announce to the world, but we need to start again from somewhere.
Yep.

I will stir up some stuff with one thing I have been wondering for a while: Napalm bombers. How exactly are they meant to be used? The damage it causes, although lasting, doesnt seens worth the cost. Is it supposed to be used in large groups to ignite everthing or something like it?
det

Post by det »

Think of napalm as mobile antiswarm, use them on groups of units.
manored

Post by manored »

det wrote:Think of napalm as mobile antiswarm, use them on groups of units.
I do, but it seens gunships are way more effective and pratical on that area. Maybe it just depends on the playing style of the player in question though.
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

Nape bombers are less susceptible to medium amounts of aa than the same cost in gunnies...
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

With the new subforum we should have a real news thread and discussion threads for other things.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

New feature in CA!

Priority state button. Constructors and structures being built get a priority button. It has three states: low, normal and high.

Those set to high priority will use your resources as a priority before other builders/buildings. Very useful if you need to throw together some Anti-Air really quickly without having to pause all other construction projects. Just select a constructor, set it to high priority and give it a build queue. Other cons guarding it will inherit its priority as well. Or you could just set the priority to high on the structure being built.

Setting a constructor to low priority will cause it not to build at all and only be able to do other tasks such as repairing and reclaiming. I assume this is good for patrol routes. Licho made this feature so please give us more suggestions and info!
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Changed "none" priority to more usefull "low" - served after high and normal units.

If you want "none" you can pause or stop builders.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

New stable with some bigger changes :)
http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=18573
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Lol at Licho's intro to communist mode.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

CarRepairer wrote:New stable 4744 - http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 51#p355951
Can we get a corresponding update to the web guide
http://trac.caspring.org/wiki/UnitGuide
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Thank you for noticing!

UnitGuide for 4760:
http://trac.caspring.org/wiki/UnitGuide?version=291

WidgetGuide for Stable 4760:
http://trac.caspring.org/wiki/WidgetGuide?version=40

Too late to get the data for 4474 :?
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Did I just break trac by clicking on that link? trac.caspring.org is toast.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Unit Guide now shows better weapons info including paralyzer weapons indication:

http://trac.caspring.org/wiki/UnitGuide

See below in case above link is broken.
http://trac.caspring.org/wiki/UnitGuide?version=342
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Hey check out those cool new menus. Hold your spacebar and click on anything (even corpses) to find out more info about it such as weapon stats and detailed unit intelligence reports. You can even bring up context menus to let you space-click on an enemy unit to ceasefire with that player, with more features in the works. Access all sorts of spring commands with the click of your mouse by using the tiny menu button. You can throw that keyboard away now as you'll never have to type "/luaui darkening 0.5" or "/specfullview 1" again.

Only in CA!*

*This is a lie.
Argh

Post by Argh »

Does said feature require IceUI?
SirMaverick

Post by SirMaverick »

Argh wrote:Does said feature require IceUI?
No.

Return to “Zero-K”