Complete Annihilation News - Page 27

Complete Annihilation News

A dynamic game undergoing constant development and refinement, that attempts to balance playability with fresh and innovative features.

Moderator: Content Developer

Jamuk426

Re: Complete Annihilation News

Post by Jamuk426 »

They wouldn't copy every little detail of course, it isn't like the AK has missile launchers.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

reivanen wrote:http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/cpg/al ... ulture.jpg

Use this as the new AK model?
I think FASA would object. CA wants to be IP-free, that won't work ifg they include other people's IP instead (and IIRC there's already a Vulture unit for OTA).
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

fasa is dead wizkids own all the rights to bt material, and i have a few vulture models laying around if youd like to see them and fiddle with them..
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

And Wizkids is somehow more permissive?
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

How about something more original. How hard can it be to think of a design yourself...
Jamuk426

Post by Jamuk426 »

I seriously doubt that it is necessary to actively avoid inspiration from outside influences. The shape itself is different enough from the original AK and could be easily redesigned so it doesn't only slightly resembles the original. It would only START as a vulture, the designer of the model would make it into a truly CA unit. How is that different from what Mr. D does?
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Avoiding outside inspiration is still a fair bit different from taking something and deviating slightly. IMO the AK should look fast and fragile, not bulky.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Saktoth wrote:
Argh wrote:I think the easiest way to make "ninja" behaviors harder is to lower the health of the constructors used for such behaviors, so that they're more vulnerable to units sent in to harass them or to guard a field of corpses. They can still "ninja", but they aren't likely to survive long, if you've placed a few Peewees on patrol. If not... meh, that's your bad, imo. Why penalize the other guy, for being smarter than you?
As Otherside said, air cons die very fast but are the best at ninja'ing because they are so fast.

HP isnt really the problem. By the time you even get to the con to stop him, he can already suck up a lot of the metal.
The main advantage of using air is the ability to go anywhere on the map at high speeds. So aircons being able to ninja a wreckfield is just part of the intrinsic advantages of going air. Taking that ability away makes air crap. It already has the disadvantages of weak weapons, low HP and low buildpower. I don't think it's that much of a problem.
kiki

Post by kiki »

CarRepairer wrote:
Saktoth wrote:
Argh wrote:I think the easiest way to make "ninja" behaviors harder is to lower the health of the constructors used for such behaviors, so that they're more vulnerable to units sent in to harass them or to guard a field of corpses. They can still "ninja", but they aren't likely to survive long, if you've placed a few Peewees on patrol. If not... meh, that's your bad, imo. Why penalize the other guy, for being smarter than you?
As Otherside said, air cons die very fast but are the best at ninja'ing because they are so fast.

HP isnt really the problem. By the time you even get to the con to stop him, he can already suck up a lot of the metal.
The main advantage of using air is the ability to go anywhere on the map at high speeds. So aircons being able to ninja a wreckfield is just part of the intrinsic advantages of going air. Taking that ability away makes air crap. It already has the disadvantages of weak weapons, low HP and low buildpower. I don't think it's that much of a problem.

Omg arm laser bombers ftw!!!
manored

Post by manored »

Bombers are the exception, but bombers take a lot of time manuvering after attacking, and cannot react quickly to enemy attacks...
kiki

Post by kiki »

i am still in awe at the lazer liche. As if nukes was not awesome enough...
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Yeah it looks awesome and the ARM logo it burns to ground.. lol :)

Problem is if it banks while attacking
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

kiki wrote:i am still in awe at the lazer liche. As if nukes was not awesome enough...
Um yeah we need to rename it the Licho. Now! It must be done!
manored

Post by manored »

I think that the skuttle (advanced bomb) needs some more health, as it is very rare to see it actually survive to the target. Sure it can cloack, but cloaking winhout jammers only work against morons (because only morons dont make radar), and altough we could make it stealth that would make it too arm-like, so I think resistance to reach the target would do :)
manored

Post by manored »

No comments? :)
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

manored wrote:I think that the skuttle (advanced bomb) needs some more health, as it is very rare to see it actually survive to the target. Sure it can cloack, but cloaking winhout jammers only work against morons (because only morons dont make radar), and altough we could make it stealth that would make it too arm-like, so I think resistance to reach the target would do :)
I think to solve that problem, pretty much all cloaking units were given the ability to stealth and all stealthing units were given the ability to cloak. Should skuttle be given a stealth?
det

Post by det »

I'm pretty sure that the skuttle has stealth. The problem is that its decloak radius is huge.
manored

Post by manored »

det wrote:I'm pretty sure that the skuttle has stealth. The problem is that its decloak radius is huge.
Well I think it should be smaller then, it dies too fast for it to be usefull if it will always be detected too early...
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Alternately, it might be enough to simply always make it "detonate" - that is, make it's accidental death explosion equivalent to its offensive attack. That way if it is killed _near_ the target, it will still deal some damage instead of being a fizzled waste of resources.
manored

Post by manored »

It already does so, but the blast range is most times not large enough...
With its current health it can barely stand a httl shot :)

Return to “Zero-K”