Complete Annihilation News - Page 10

Complete Annihilation News

A dynamic game undergoing constant development and refinement, that attempts to balance playability with fresh and innovative features.

Moderator: Content Developer

Skid

Post by Skid »

overkill wrote:well, you have to tech up and it still takes time and resorces to morph. and if you dont build tier2 con/ engineers you doin it wrong.
True, and I do build t2 constructors for fusions and antinuke purposes and such, but for consistency's sake it seems like the HLT to tachyon morph should work the same way as the other military morphs. With the option only becoming available once the unit has had some use in battle. Otherwise you might as well make things more fair and allow all of a player's unused outlaws to upgrade straight to cans or sumos as soon as their first t2 factory appears.
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

Sounds like you are describing rifle pits more than a general trench. By the word I'd think a trench can be a ditch but a ditch isn't always a trench, a lot like how you describe a square and rectangle in the same way.
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

What about a radar tower spotter unit that can spot enemy radar units? The spotted units must have their range extending to the spotter tower so that the range of the spotted tower matters. Then units with radar would need an option to disable it so your comm doesn't get spotted.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

I was more thinking link radar jamming to getting free LOS to radar towers since radar jammers are basicly an anti radar suite
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

This mod is really cool. Great job to everyone who worked on it, it may now become my fave :-)
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Acidd_UK wrote:This mod is really cool. Great job to everyone who worked on it, it may now become my fave :-)
This is the sort of post which rocks in any content thread.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

It is the sort of post that is delightful to hear but useless to content developers, other than as encouragement (But by all means, keep making posts like that, CA needs the buzz).

Personally, though, i prefer bug reports.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

maybe he didnt find a bug :O lol nah thats not possible

well i got a few things to post up but ill do it on the CA site with tickets

anywayz mod is working great :D
the-middleman

Post by the-middleman »

why the hell is the comm wearing a christmas hat? Its november!
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

It's 25th of November. I guess someone didn't index their month's properly...
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

The theory of relativity says that it's quite possible that it's december 25th on some planet at the edge of the galaxy.
BlueIce

Post by BlueIce »

For quantum,

there are some problems with the advanced torpedo launcher (at least the core version) the stats are all wrong, they have half hp of an advanced submarine and cost three time as much! check it.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

[XIII]Roxas wrote:A trench is shallower, but has straight up-and-down sides.

A ditch has, admittedly highly-sloped sides, and sinks deeper.

I prefer to use ditches, as they allow communications trenches, 'Ambush' cells, etc.
Thanks, but I wasn't asking for the answer to the trench/ditch thing, I was requesting some crude documentation on caspring.org for newbies and people like me who are too slow to figure it out on their own. Documentation on things such as terraforming, morphing, and an expanded unit guide (the one on there is good, just needs more).
tombom

Post by tombom »

BlueIce wrote:For quantum,

there are some problems with the advanced torpedo launcher (at least the core version) the stats are all wrong, they have half hp of an advanced submarine and cost three time as much! check it.
Yeah, that's been a problem since the start of AA on Spring at least. It's really dumb and is the same for ARM.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

theres a missing face on the core punisher, probably due to a badly configured baseplate face
the-middleman

Post by the-middleman »

I had 4 missile towers on a hill and they got owned by 3 peewees
Skid

Post by Skid »

the-middleman wrote:I had 4 missile towers on a hill and they got owned by 3 peewees
That's why you're supposed to mix the missile towers with llts at the very least. Just because they're able to shoot at ground units doesn't mean they're intended to be any good at it.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

4 missile towers should easily kill 3 pewees, as a peewee dies in a single barrage to an MT. There was probably something else wrong- wreckage, terrain, or such blocking line of fire, or the mt's had just expended their salvo on another target (air possibly).

MT's are not meant for direct confrontations though, they are more sort of a ranged harassment of the enemy if he tries to sit just outside your llt range. Used on their own, they are only really good as a very light AA screen or as an anti-scout (flea, weasel, jeffy) defense at the start of the game.

You should always mix them with llt's if you expect opposition.
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

The LUPS effect thing for the castro lvl 1 shield whatsitmajiggythingie is way off center (of the black bally bit)
the-middleman

Post by the-middleman »

damnit why did you remove Dragons maw???? I loved that one :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Return to “Zero-K”