Regret
overkill
Beherith
SteveZissou
JAZCASH
Vabor
lurker
CarRepairer

12 of you are villagers who want to get rid of the evil werewolves. Your method of doing this is by lynching moving things until all the wolves are dead.

4 of you are wolves. You want to eat all those tasty villagers. Once all the villagers are eaten up you can have a techno wolf rave party in the village!

1 of you is the seer. You have a special gift - you can tell the difference between a person and a wolf! ZOMG UR SMART.

The Rules
Complete rules can be found here, with links to strategy guides.

A brief summary:

Timing
Day will start at 12 midnight Eastern US time. (There are web sites that will convert this to your local time...) Day will run until 12 midnight the next day - days are 24 hours.

During the day, all players may post and vote on who to lynch in the game thread. This is the only communication that is allowed between players during daytime.

Votes are placed by writing a player's name in bold. Please try to use bold for votes only as it makes counting them easier. You may change your vote by simply voting for another player, and may remove your vote from a player without voting another by posting unvote.

At the end of the day, the player with the most votes is lynched, and his role is revealed. Ties are broken randomly.

During "must lynch", when the village must lynch a wolf or lose, unvoting is not allowed (changing votes is still allowed).

Night starts at 12 midnight Eastern US time and runs for 24 hours. During night, the game thread will be locked. Wolves may communicate with one another privately at night, using whatever method they like (PMs, AIM, whatever). Villagers and seers may not communicate with one another in private at any time. The wolf pack kills one player at night by PMing me; that player's name and role will be posted before daybreak. Seers may peek at one player per night and learn his role; peeks are sent to me via PM, and roles are sent back via PM.

Roles

Villager
The village's goal is to lynch all of the wolves. They accomplish this by voting during the day. Villagers may never communicate with each other privately; all communication is in the game thread, during day. When all wolves are dead, ALL villagers win, whether dead or alive.

Wolf
The wolf pack's goal is to eat all the villagers - for practical purposes, the wolf pack wins when they number 1/2 or more of the village at the end of any day. When this occurs, ALL wolves win, whether dead or alive.

Seer
The seer is a special villager who can peek at one player per night and learn his role. Other than that, the seer is a normal villager who wins and loses with the village.

Other Rules
-No talking in the game thread when dead - posting wishing your team well is OK, but nothing of substance.
-That's about it.

It's freaking 4:30 AM. I've gotta get to bed. PMs will go out to everyone with their role tomorrow.

It is night. (fwiw, wolves can talk from whenever i get PMs out tomorrow, probably in 12 hours or so, until daybreak at midnight i.e. in 20 hours. no kill tonight though. The seer DOES get a peek tonight and will be asked to provide one in his PM.)
lurker

Re: Spring Werewolf I

Post by lurker »

Complete rules? Can you please link directly to them? I followed links around and saw only a basic set of rules and some strategy guides. So I ask you instead:

When is it 'must lynch'? Just when hitting a victory condition for the wolves? Are the villagers supposed to know how many wolves there are?
What happens if there are no votes during a day?
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Answer to the last question is that one player is randomly killed. It's going to be rare, because generally at least one wolf will place a vote for a villager.

Felix, if you want a private lobby channel for wolves PM me. I figure it's better to not make it public knowledge what the channel is for as long as possible.
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

lurker wrote:Complete rules? Can you please link directly to them? I followed links around and saw only a basic set of rules and some strategy guides. So I ask you instead:

When is it 'must lynch'? Just when hitting a victory condition for the wolves? Are the villagers supposed to know how many wolves there are?
What happens if there are no votes during a day?
"Must Lynch" is when the village MUST lynch a wolf that day or the village loses - so it's when the wolves would be 1/2 of the players remaining after you take away a villager. If there's 2 wolves remaining, must lynch would be when there's 5 players total - if there's 3 wolves remaining, must lynch would be when there's 7 players total, etc.

There's a set distribution of villagers/wolves/seers for each game size, and I put the number of each in my OP right below the roster (12 villagers, 4 wolves, 1 seer). Whenever someone dies his role is revealed, so yes, everyone knows how many villagers/wolves/seers are left in the game at any time, assuming people here know how to subtract.

If there are no votes during the day, the village sucks ass and deserves to lose, srsly.

PMs will be going out shortly. Everyone will receive a PM.
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

PMs have been sent to everyone. Let me know if you didn't get one.

It is still night.

Day will begin at 12 midnight, Eastern US time, or in 5 hours 20 minutes.

PM me if you have any questions, and I'll answer them. One question that was asked: is there a healer/doctor/angel? Answer: no, that gets a bit complicated for a first game IMO.
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

It is day.

You have... 23 hours 13 minutes to find yourselves some wolves!

Reminders:
-Communicate in this thread only!
-Votes should look like this: Felix the Cat
-If you want to remove your vote it should look like this: unvote
-I'll post running vote counts throughout the day.
-No majority voting on day 1. On all other days, the day will end when a majority votes for one person.
-The seer got a pre-game, night 0 peek of his choice.
-Good luck!
aegis

Post by aegis »

Can I eat Felix the Cat?
lurker

Post by lurker »

Felix the Cat wrote:everyone knows how many villagers/wolves/seers are left in the game at any time, assuming people here know how to subtract.
No issues of metagaming? Am I free to do things that depend on modern tech, or should I go back to my original plan of porting to a hand-done algorithm?

Since we don't know anything yet, I think we should all refrain from voting and see who gets struck by lightning. May the grace of God guide us. (Assuming swift was accurate and felix only was talking about after day 1, when there is glorious info)
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

lurker wrote:
Felix the Cat wrote:everyone knows how many villagers/wolves/seers are left in the game at any time, assuming people here know how to subtract.
No issues of metagaming? Am I free to do things that depend on modern tech, or should I go back to my original plan of porting to a hand-done algorithm?

Since we don't know anything yet, I think we should all refrain from voting and see who gets struck by lightning. May the grace of God guide us. (Assuming swift was accurate and felix only was talking about after day 1, when there is glorious info)
Presumably wolfs will vote... but meh. It's in the wolfs best interest to leave things to the last second, when the villagers are too rushed to react/think. We might see it happening, but we might not.
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

lurker wrote:

**** MOD NOTE ****

Do whatever you want, as long as it doesn't involve using your mod powers to read other peoples' PMs or something like that. The number of villagers/wolves/seers left is part of the game and if you'd like I'll give the number at the start of each day.

I really don't know specifically what you're asking... if you have a particular question about something feel free to clarify. Excel charts, pictures, etc. are all perfectly fine and are regularly used in this game to illustrate voting patterns.

**** MOD NOTE ****
lurker

Post by lurker »

But a wolf can't vote like that without largely revealing themselves. I think we should lynch anyone voting today; leave it to fate.

Felix the Cat wrote:I really don't know specifically what you're asking...
Is computer-augmented cryptography allowed, or merely what I can work out on a piece of paper? Either one will work, assuming people don't cheat and use a computer to crack manually-calculated crypto.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Are you asking if you're allowed to post encrypted messages?
lurker

Post by lurker »

I'm definitely allowed to post encrypted messages, unless you throw me for a loop. The question is if I'm allowed to use a computer program to generate the encrypted messages. If not then I'll take a piece of paper and work it out there with a much weaker key, along with posting instructions on how to encrypt/decrypt.
Regret

Post by Regret »

lurker wrote:I'm definitely allowed to post encrypted messages, unless you throw me for a loop. The question is if I'm allowed to use a computer program to generate the encrypted messages. If not then I'll take a piece of paper and work it out there with a much weaker key, along with posting instructions on how to encrypt/decrypt.
Suspicious ideas are suspicious.

lurker
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

Ruling on encrypted messages:
-Uh, I guess if you want to go to the trouble... yes, but it has to be readable by everyone, without requiring any special knowledge such as programming skill or special external programs. (which probably rules out computer-generated stuff)
DavetheBrave

Post by DavetheBrave »

Regret wrote:
lurker wrote:I'm definitely allowed to post encrypted messages, unless you throw me for a loop. The question is if I'm allowed to use a computer program to generate the encrypted messages. If not then I'll take a piece of paper and work it out there with a much weaker key, along with posting instructions on how to encrypt/decrypt.
Suspicious ideas are suspicious.

lurker
lurker

BAM

EDIT:

further proof!
lurker wrote: But a wolf like me can't vote like that without largely revealing themselves. I think we should lynch anyone voting today; leave it to fate.
lurker

Post by lurker »

Uh huh. Assuming I'm not dead I'll have basic instructions for communicating with any other person in the thread encrypted soon. All you need is two prime numbers.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Lurker

Becaus it's obvious he's a noob in this game and said that he's a wolf :P
aegis

Post by aegis »

how quickly the sheep fall to the slaughter... regret misquoted lurker.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Are we allowed to pm each other?

Return to “The Werewolf Game”